Dont expect high hopes for 6v6

Aaron’s highschool english teacher: “F”

“I’m gonna need a little bit longer my dog ate my homework”

This better be at least 3 pages.

A-aron is a straight G doing this. I am happy that he respects us normal people enough to go through with it fully understanding that the less normal people are going to maliciously misconstrue his words and doomsay.

3 Likes

The next time I log in will be to play 6v6. I haven’t been online in months, so it will be their loss. I don’t care what Jake has to say, as if he some authority on the several years that I have enjoyed this game.

If we don’t get 6v6, there is no reason to hope for any improvement for this game again. They have tried everything under the sun to balance the unbalance-able, and failed every time. This isn’t Overwatch. Its all a mess.

3 Likes

When Aaron took over OW was receiving 0 content updates and OW2 was stuck in development hell. After he took over OW now receives more content than at any point in the game’s history.

1 Like

That is the problem with this community. A-aron cannot even give us a status update without getting strawmanned.

4 Likes

Even if he doesn’t specifically mention 5v5, both times there is a recognition that the solo player of any role doesn’t feel fun to play

2 Likes

Leave the forum echo chamber for two seconds. You clearly have a vested interest. If Aaron felt compelled to talk about this, it wasn’t because eight people posting on a dead game’s forum asked them to. Its because all of the regular players this game has had over the years have quit due to this game’s nose-dive in quality and its being recognized that they want 6v6 back.

1 Like

The 6v6 discord has THOUSANDS of people in it.

If thousands of people are willing to go through all these steps of setting up custom 6v6 lobbies (With the creator doing daily/weekly balance updates to fix all the issues) there’s obviously something going on here.

8 Likes

There are MASSIVE differences between 1-2-2, 1-3-2, and 1-4-1

In either 6v6 solo tank scenario, the solo tank is guaranteed to be miserable because there are way too many DPS for the tank to be effective. And a solo support won’t have fun either with 4 DPS running at them either

1-2-2 actually works because it’s a reasonable format

it only ‘worked’ (if you can even call it that) after
continuous health increases
giving a 25% headshot resistance
a juiced up tank passive
50% resistance to the dps passive
reworks on tanks that did nothing but made them stronger
buffing off-tanks to make them even stronger to fill the main tank role

And hard-counters are still as strong as they were before, in fact this update further encourages people to counterpick rather than outplaying the other person

this was just a stupid format

these two are so similar, i would rather them have 1-3-2 so blizzard has an actual reason to just gigabuff the tanks

yeah solo tanking is stupid in whatever format, thats the whole critique of the format

1 Like

Why are you acting as if 5v5 is the only format that requires balance changes/reworks to “work”?

Like, you could literally put forward any format, 6v6, 5v5, 4v4, 7v7, and for it to truly “work” the entire roster would need to be balanced a certain way, and reworks would be done

6v6 had multiple reworks, and massive changes to how the game was played to “make it work”

The same would be said for any format

You’re not making a point.

2 Likes

Yeah, no. I’m good on that. I’ll just sit in my room and listen to music instead, I guess.

1 Like

The OW1 cast was built upon a 6v6 environment, then forcing these characters into a 5v5 environment doesnt play nicely

If they were going this 5v5 route, they might as well have reworked all the tank cast to better fit the 5v5 mould, reworking every tank to be able to attack and utilise defensive abilities at the same time

The only tank characters that transitioned seamlessly into OW2 was Sigma, and that was bc he was so bloated and broken enough to function as a solo tank.

It had two major reworks, first was the change from no limit to open queue, then open queue to role queue
no limit was a no brainer, open queue to role queue was in response to the devs not knowing how to balance properly, which ultimately sealed the fate of the game as they refused to diversify the tank role

5v5 bad bc solo tanking in any format bad, look at how many big reworks they did and they still havent gotten it right, ignored the big glaring issue of counterswapping by making numbers go up

1 Like

Solo tanking is not always bad. Tanks just need to be powerful enough to deal with whatever they’re facing via format. This is why 1-2-2 works with Tanks being gigabuffed compared to how they were in 6v6. 1-3-2 was sort of impossible to make work because you just can’t deal with 3 DPS as a tank. 2 is manageable, 3 is not

This doesnt matter if the other team just counterpicks bc there is no reasonable way to counter the tank if they just stayed on their current hero roster, thats the biggest problem with solo tanking, along with them eating all the CC

Looking forward to a bunch of recycled points about why they think 5v5 is better, followed by an announcement of a new $40 skin.

That is such a Reaper main thing to do. You could be a great Punisher player… I know it.

1 Like

I cannot stand 3rd person perspective games. Plus I think my garbanzo PC wouldn’t be able to handle it (otherwise I’d be playing literally anything else other than OW).

1 Like

The exact reason they stopped doing test runs in arcade and custom is nobody uses those modes. Because, frankly, they are absolutely worthless.

its alright we can go play marvel soon.

if enough players leave OW they wont have a choice but to find new devs