Done playing until this Role Lock garbage ends

I have explained the scenario under which it may be removed/reverted many, many times in several 222 threads already. Bottom line is the the company’s financial state is the one concern that outweighs all other concerns for a for-profit business like Blizzard

I know of no valid data to support the claim of a majority here

I’ve already covered that earlier in this thread

I accept and understand that this is your personal judgement call.

but

It isnt how all players feel, nor is it a fact, as it is stated to be in the statement quoted above

I dont find this to be the case, and many other forum members have stated the same

Players make for good teammates, not characters of team comps.

Players havent changed in this horrifically bad (imo) change to Forced 222

1 Like

You stating that you aren’t fooling yourself doesn’t make it not so :slight_smile:

I’ve never suggested that profitability isn’t the single greatest concern for a for-profit business.

And where do you think the revenue stream comes from for Overwatch? The players? Nope, far from it. The revenue stream comes from E-Sports. The only source of revenue that Overwatch has is the sales of new copies and loot boxes, both of which are unreliable income sources. The major income source is generated from E-Sports.

The same argument applies the other way, as well - said another way, you stating that I am following myself doesnt make it so either

I am aware that I am not fooling myself

the statements I have read indicate that my analysis of the situation has not been read/reviewed. Said analysis bears on Blizzards revenue and profitability

This is only one of their revenue streams, not the only revenue stream

There are many others

Your analysis is incorrect, and pretty apparently so. But I’m pretty sure I have no means or motivation to convince you of that.

I don’t see my analysis as incorrect

however, one is welcome to disagree on any basis they wish to

Only Loot boxes and copies sold are tied to the casual market, the rest of the revenue streams are tied to the E-Sports market.

I’m sure you don’t. But it might do yo well to at least consider the possibility to save yourself from disappointment.

All of the revenue streams, many of which havent been mentioned/acknowledged in this discussion, are tied to the game and to players interest in the game

If players lose interest in the game, all of these revenue streams are in danger

I’ve considered both possibilities, and stand by what I have said

Alright, then good luck with that.

How is this not profitable if anything it’s brought overwatch back into a lot of people’s attention

I have already explained this many times on many threads

Well explain it to me I’d like to hear your reasoning

Your teammates are as good as you are. You need to stop blaming your teammates and start improving. If you’re still that low a rank after all this time, that’s not because of Role Queue. It wasn’t because of lack of it, it won’t be because of it.

The problem with 222 right now in their beta is the SR is all wrong for most players. People are high in another role and automatically getting a high SR in another role simply because they played all roles at that elo. I am noticing placements are not adjusting enough so it’s creating massive SR problems. I have been looking at what people play mostly, and almost everyone is on their off role.

It’s great that supports are now playing tanks, however, they play a tank like a support. Very passive, very much in the back of the team, they fail to understand when to press, etc… It’s excellent they are learning and now playing that role, but their SR needs to drop a LOT. I was personally placed at 3418 as a dps playing tracer and I suck at tracer. I should be placed in plat. My tank is in masters which is where I was in the previous seasons. My support was never played in previous seasons and I was placed 2600. I worked that SR up to 2980 because I was rated too low.

That suggest to me there are roles people are good at but didn’t play and are in too low of an elo. Other roles they are too high. The soft role reset needs to be more hard core on the roles people play less.

Yo what about the sym 3.0 rework they essentially deleted a character. That’s a horrible sign for any hero shooter

The players of this game is just one of the viewer source to their E-Sports market, a lot of viewers don’t even play the game, but have an interest in E-Sports in general. And a lot of people play this game without the interest in E-Sports.

So the E-Sports market is pretty much self sustained in terms of revenue generation. It’s not directly tied to the players and whether or not the players have an interest in it, isn’t going to place it in too much danger, the E-Sports market is after all growing a lot.

I personally dont see that change as even remotely as bad as this one

YMMV