Done playing until this Role Lock garbage ends

What do you do when you have 2 people who are both bad at a position? In the past, maybe two DPS not doing so well, we’d try 3 DPS and sometimes that would work. Against an entrenched bastion, sometimes 4 DPS can overwhelm him.

2-2-2 is so stupid, there’s no reason to have done role lock. Let me know when you learn what League of Legends did when they tried this earlier this year. Lasted about a month before they pulled it back. I won’t be playing until resolved.

43 Likes

They’re not going to revert it.

40 Likes

There’s always QP classic. Otherwise, bye.

40 Likes

bye lol

33 Likes

It’s just another lazy pass at trying to keep the game alive because they don’t want to address the issue of poor data analysis in regards to generating accurate placements. Probably because they fired the people responsible for generating the SR ranges.

20 Likes

this is nothing like what LOL did that lasted a month and if you played the game you know that already and just trying to make false arguement. even willing to lie to try to make your point that is bad to start with.
Well goodbye then my friend

5 Likes

I think its funny that people think that this was done specifically for comp. qp has been in a 5 dps on at least one team state for a long time. you and i may not care about it but blizz does, why? because that’s the new player experience how do you get someone interested in a game when there experience is nothing like what it was meant to be. qp being so bad was probably a huge influence on their decision.

10 Likes

Okay so why enforce in comp and not just in QP if that’s the case?

8 Likes

Yeah was excited, but realized this really sucks. And I’m a good support and tank, but not with this trash.

14 Likes

Funny thing is you seem to play dps. Dont picks dps if you know ur bad :smiley:

11 Likes

Have fun. Good riddance to you and the old game.

9 Likes

League created a ranked queue where you were ranked by position. Top, Mid, Jungle, Support, ADC.

Overwatch created a ranked queue where you are ranked by position. Tank, DPS, Support.

Overwatch is actually worse, because you are excluded from using 2/3 of the hero pool.

13 Likes

sadly, there are a number of unanswered questions about qp classic, including but not limited to whether it will be permanently available.

if it isn’t permanent, statements like the one quoted above fall flat

4 Likes

dude lol is about lines where you mostly alone. just stop it. this gonna get embaresing

2 Likes

I’m completely fine with it and I don’t see it going away anytime soon or ever in the future.

Unlikely, but possible. If their numbers plummet because people don’t like it and move onto different games they’ll HAVE to do something.

I’m not predicting that quite yet, but I also wouldn’t be surprised either. This is a huge mistake IMO, and the tides seem to consistently turning towards against as people actually experience what they thought was the silver bullet for OW.

5 Likes

Most people like it. People are just more likely to make a thread to complain than a thread to say something is good.

14 Likes

Proof? Both the forums and in game chat have been steadily declining in favor of this feature in my personal experience. If people continue to not enjoy it, it’s going to hurt OW as a whole real bad.

7 Likes

I mean it seems pretty universally praised from diamond up. Low rank is always going to take longer to adjust.

7 Likes

Big lol. “I’m a good tank and support”. If you’re silver I don’t think you can say you’re a good tank and support. Tanks and supports can absolutely carry a game and make up for dps play.

8 Likes