Done playing until this Role Lock garbage ends

you know what the bigger issue with roleq is?

its boring. thats the bigger picture here, every game is stale and the same now, no variation and i called this out months ago when someone leaked it. Blizzard should have just locked the game to 2 tanks maximum or made a hero that insta-gibbed heroes dependent on distance to one another. But instead they take a hammer to the entire system.

1 Like

There is nothing creative about a 5 dps comp, and all it does is anger your tank mains. You can be creative in having each role locked at 2. All locked 2-2-2 means is you actually have to create viable comps that don’t anger your poor tank or support mains who for years have had to put up with selfish quad and quintuple dps comps.

Again, I’ll say this bluntly: if you do not like role lock or role queue, you have two choices: put up with it, or leave.

I support role que, thank you Blizzard for making this game even better.

1. it can be

2. creativity is not confined to 5 dps

in a 5 dps arrangement mentioned here, there’d be either 0 or one tank players

certainly, but far less so

same as the kid whose parents gave him a full artists set versus thekid who got the 6 basic coloars crayon set

There’s nothing selfish about players playing the character they wish to play in a game that promised them they can do exactly that

as I said above, creativity is not confined to multidps

there is a third possibility: that Blizzard reverts this change. I know of two circumstances that could result in this occurring, one of which I have spoken about extensively

“Better” is a judgement call

For many of us, those who prefer Freedom over Forced, this isn’t “Better”; and in fact, it is far far worse

Your comments are opinions too?

The OVERWHELMING majority of players support this change. It is the opinion of me, most people replying, most people playing the game, and almost everybody in the streamer and pro level that the game is objectively better. Your opinion is in a small minority.

The developers have sided with the vast majority of their playerbase. Again, deal with it or leave.

What’s creative about running 5 dps? I truly fail to see how that’s creative.

I find that insulting as a tank main. As tanks, 2-2-2 is a godsend.

There is an inherent selfishness in picking a character regardless of what the team needs and what synergies with your team or counters the enemy team. So yes, if you lock in a dps character right after two have been chosen, you are being selfish (I don’t care if you went into the game wanting to play Hanzo, or whatever; if you see 2 dps already locked in, it is your duty as a player in a TEAM-BASED GAME to pick something else).

Blizzard will never revert a change that the vast majority of the community has asked for for years. If they do, they are foolish.

I know of no valid evidence to support such a claim

accepted

havent done a count of those for or against in this particular thread

that said, I dont see the posters in this thread as representative of the playerbase, and as such, i dont really see it as valid evidence to support the point

I covered this above

again, I know of no valid evidence to support such claims

As I said, there is a third possibility.

Until then, given your expressed concern for me, I will be staying

I don’t have to give you a scientific poll to show that the overwhelming majority of players support role lock. Just ask people in games, watch almost any Overwatch stream, watch any Overwatch content video on YouTube, look at interviews, and you will see that the almost universal consensus is that it’s a better game now. I don’t have to quantify it in order to know it.

as I have stated, creativity isnt confined to 5 dps

How so? If there are as was stated 5 dps, there would be either 0 or 1 tank on the team. The statement that was made referred to multiple tank players on such a team

In a game that was marketed as one where the player can choose and/or swap to any available character, there is no selfishness – simply, the players being permitted to do what the are promised

or rather - were promised.

that promise has been broken with this horrifically bad (imo) change

I know of two valid scenarios where this could (and should) happen

I have spoken about one of them extensively already

Let me just add here that what is truly foolish is for a for-profit company like Blizzard is to act in a manner that does not seek to establish profitability. For a publicly held company like Blizzard is, it is actually unethical to not do so

No one, yourself included, is required to provide me or anyone else anything

None of this represents valid data to support the claim that was made

Well then, obviously you were sold on a different game than me. I was sold on a competitive team-based shooter where you worked as a team to push an objective. Choosing whatever you want regardless of team composition runs in spite of that. This is a competitive game, one where casually selecting what you want hinders the experience of everyone around you.

My experience, and the experiences of many an Overwatch player I have talked to and have watched on stream, have enjoyed the game more than they have in a long time. Any suggestion to return to the old ways is one I will angrily rebuke, a sentiment that I know is felt among many in the playerbase (more so than a handful of malcontents upset about their precious 5 dps comps being gone).

Spin it all you want, you won’t find too many people who agree with you. If you feel that passionately about your casual experience being undermined but still want to play the game, Mystery Heroes, No Limits and Quick Play Classic are always there for you. The competitive playerbase can now enjoy modes where we can improve our quality of play and work together in a proper, balanced, and role-locked team to win the game.

I was sold a game called Overwatch, where any player could choose and/or swap to any available character.

You?

Yeah, a team can do this with any set of 6 characters

As I said, a team can do this with any set of 6 characters; or said a different way - any 6 characters can form a working team

Each such member of said team bought the same game, and ergo know that each team member can pick and/or swap to whatever character they wish. If a given player decided to base their enjoyment on whether their teammates pick what they want them to pick, thats an unreasonable expectation given how the game was sold and built, same as if person x at a table near me only enjoys their own dinner if I choose steak for my dinner, but then claim they cant enjoy their dinner because I chose fish for my dinner. Very silly.

My experience, and the experience of many others who have voiced their concerns, is that Forced 222 is a very bad thing, and many of us are not enjoying the game as much as we used to

I know of no valid evidence to back the claim of a handful, and I know of many more than a handful of folks that one who likes Forced 222 might in an unnecessarily derisive and derogatory way refer to as “malcontents”

That said, given that you’d react in this manner to suggestions that the change be reverted, is it then surprising to you to see folks who disagree with this change react in this same fashion? I would think that’d be entirely understandable, withe the shoe on the other foot

Clarification: there has been no spin on my part in this discussion

clarification: I already have heard form many many many folks who agree with me on this particular subject

Of the three, only QP Classic has any chance of providing an equivalent experience, and QP classic is not verified to be “always available”

The other two are not remotely equivalent and ergo not replacements

Further, no replacement has been offered for Competitive

Again, not all of us are enjoying the changes to competitive

I do like the loot box bribes, when they are available (ie maybe once a day)

1 Like

so i don’t disagree, that owl was also a huge part of it but the reason is different.

owl never lost viewers to goats meta. i’ve watched it pretty religiously and there were the same viewership at the end of last season as the start of the second season, and that viewership has stayed steady all through goats meta

even 2-2-2 has not noticeably increased viewership.

so what was the real problem if owl viewership was actually affected by goats?

i was gonna type out a long explanation but probs wasted breath. basically goats was meta but only the top 15% of the player base actually played goats often.

if your esport which serves as essentially an ad for your game (there only revenue is ad and merch based so the real value is extending the life of a game)

are playing the game in a way nobody else is then it doesn’t serve as a very good ad for your games experience does it?

so really the contrast that existed between qp, comp, and owl is the reason for 2-2-2.

all i learned from 2-2-2 lock is that the general population in ow still doesn’t really know how to play the game and it was masked by terrible comps and blaming those until role lock came

now the blame shifted to “other roles can’t play and i can’t switch”

no you are still not the only one on your team who can play the game, you’re just a potato like the rest of us

role lock didn’t change that

1 Like

dont tell this guy that majority likes the change, i KNOW exactly what he is going to answer :smiley: just wait an min and you will see it to.

Bring back No Limits!!!

thwy will if they have drastic numbers in people stop play.
So if you stop play it you are actualy helping them decide to revert it

1 Like

I don’t want it that bad :stuck_out_tongue: but thanks for the tip :+1: