Done playing until this Role Lock garbage ends

Yeah I gave up after 2 hours. Now me and my friend only queue as 2 dps. The only way you can have some kind of chance.

GOTTA love that the OP starts off with the very reason the devs decided 222 might be a good idea…do you solve everything with more dps? got a problem 2 dps…problem still hard 3 dps…3 dps dont work…lets do 4 dps…yeah 4 dps players playing what they want to play instead of thinking critically…like i dunno…a sombra player…a roadhog…an anna…a mei…seriously…dps must think they are gods in this realm…

but let me put it another way…if 222 gets reverted i will stop thinking of this game as a team game…i wont play tank or support ill just play dps…becuase youre not my team mates at that point…your’re just bots…you don’t need heals and you most certainly don’t need shields.

2-2-2 is great and idk how u don’t realize it

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

I see you haven’t had my luck yet. Try to play tank when you have 2 healers who doesn’t know what they’re doing. After a few games of that you’ll change opinion.

Hm, maybe it’s because it’s your fault for feeding as tank? Just a thought.

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

See ya!

1 Like

Because that’s what Blizzard is known for. Rolling out a new game altering feature, then cancelling it entirely.

You’re done playing until this Role Lock garbage ends? Then you’re done playing Overwatch. Permanently. :stuck_out_tongue:

i will never ever play healer or tank if it gets reverted. cant enjoy that never know about heals or heal if no tank. il respect if they revert it but i will just find another game to play

1 Like

You are a drop in the Atlantic Ocean

I am fairly certain you are both human beings

No, its how we get rid of players who are not serious about having a competitive mindset. I am all in favor of a smaller and more capable playerbase as the game ages. Again: If you are that upset about role queue and role lock, THEN LEAVE. YOU WON’T BE MISSED.

2 Likes

The game can afford to shed more than just a few malcontents pissed off over an update that is viewed by a vast majority of players as an absolute necessity to the survival of the game. And yes, I will go that far: every pro has said so, along with almost every streamer, and any person in the lower ranks tired of having to put up with their team going 4 or more dps heroes for no other reason than pure selfishness.

As a tank main, my ranked games are infinitely less stressful thanks to role lock and role queue. I know for a fact that the vast majority of the people I have talked to agree with that sentiment. I have no desire to return to the old system, and am completely intolerant to any opinion that wants to revert Overwatch. This is the single best update to happen to the game since introducing a one-hero limit. This is the future of Overwatch: anyone who disagrees can either suck it up and play the game, or leave. The choice is yours.

3 Likes

they end up at a lower rank and it won’t matter anymore
actually you should be glad about the lock, because when you have a role with a higher rank than your others you will get matched with people in the other roles of that higher rank

and not people like you who are good at one role and not good at the other which they then can just switch to and “soft throw”

I’ve always hated main tanking due to the fact that often times you don’t get the resources you need to be effective.

I main tanked a ton on PTR, enjoyed it so much I’m highly considering swapping to MT as my main role. Shocking what a difference it makes (no, it’s really not shocking at all) when the 2 people playing healers on your team actually signed up to do it and have a desire to perform well.

I have honestly had games where I came out feeling like “wow, I don’t think I’ve ever had that much healing in any game I’ve ever played as a tank…ever”

1 Like

This wasn’t implemented nor for QP or Comp.

OWL, where they are obviously are throwing all the money at, was the most boring thing to watch thanks to GOATS.
A year of changes to try to get rid of goats and nothing. Blizzard needed to do something, and fast.
So, how can you kill goats? By just not allowing that comp anymore.

so that have worked it for a year is in you opinion jus bllsht?

Yes, it is. But it worked because they introduced an off-tank healer character and instead of acting fast, they did a tiny tweak every 2 weeks or more (with Mercy they did the same).

Another problem that I see on this game and the forum is that almost noone seems to complain about how the character roles are right now.

C’mon… A game like this wasn’t going to work with 16 DPS, 8 Tanks and 7 Supports (8 with the next hero, maybe). And this is entirely on Blizzard.
2-2-2 seems more like a band aid for their own mistakes. Maybe a useful one, but still…

Bye Felicia.

(20 characters)

u guys didn’t seriously expect blizzard to magically put u at your correct rank, did u?