Does overwatch make you more stressed?

But angry nerds/bigots always make me laugh…

They’re really willing to scream and cry and say horrible things over one OW match. You know their life isn’t that great.

1 Like

Only if Hog and Cree are in the lobby

Overwatch isn’t the issue, PEOPLE are the issue. When you have to play with those who are don’t think, don’t act, don’t see the situation and only have tunnel vision, and ESPECIALLY the higher majority that just DON’T CARE that’s the cause of stress.

I seen someone play the most braindead Winston into Hog Reaper Mei. There was no saving this person. I said frick it, I’m going to do the same thing next game. Believe me when I tell you, I have never, EVERRRRR!!! received the level of help just from executing the worst plays imaginable, except for a few times when people were actually on voice.

We won with my suicide jumping into an enemy comp that should have destroyed me every time. My mind was destroyed and I didn’t play for a week after that. People make no sense. Smh

this is literally the only game that has ever made me angry at myself and others lol, and i’ve played games that are notorious for annoying in game things

It gaves me depression

If I play DPS, then yeah, but I have comfort picks in support that are a chill experience.

Overwatch is not relaxing at all. Only when I’m duo queueing no limits and messing around.
The people are infuriating (especially recently, a lot of toxic alts and bad eggs are flooding QP even), the balance is a gamble (not finding it too bad from where I’m at but man Tanks as a whole bar Winston are sooo bleh right now), and almost everywhere now is just flooded with people safe behind their screen to say whatever. If it wasn’t for the aforementioned chill time, I’d have dropped it a few months ago–which is sad, because I used to find this game fun and relaxing all the time!
Now it’s just a dice toss to see if I’ll land a game that’s a full 6v6, on a map people want to play, with a functional comp, actual teammates and enemies, and ugh. Too much has to align in OW now.

1 Like

he actually said that? i mean in pretty much every game where you can choose characters beforehand there has been mains not sure why overwatch would have been any different, even in games where different characters are just reskins(for example i mained dingodile in the new ish CTR despite the character making zero difference since you can select your class)

As far as I know, yes. Wait, I think I found his post:

Not exactly stressful but more like a miserable experience.
I feel like I am fighting my own team more than the enemy one.

1 Like

You know how they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If Overwatch stresses you, I feel like you may be playing for the wrong reason. What I mean is, if you’re only having fun winning, that could be a problem. I mean, no one likes getting rolled, but if the game is at least somewhat fair, you should be able to some sort of fun.

If that doesn’t work, I’m sure there’s a custom game that will amuse you, there’s dozens of options. Chill/kills where you can just relax and goof off with fellow players, infection, gun game, bumper cars with Hammond, rein go kart( I think it’s called), etc. Like for me, as a doomfist main, I like to do doomfist parkour. Not only is it fun, it helps me practice rollouts. Personally, I’m quite a fan of mystery heroes. While going against multiple bastions when you’re team is Winston heavy sucks, just the utter amount of silly things that can happen make up for it.

If you’re trying to grind comp, take a break and try a different, less serious game mode. That’s just my two cents. Overwatch is literally all I play these days, but sometimes you gotta play a different game mode to find enjoyment.

I don’t even remember when was the last time I had a match that wasn’t a stomp one side or the other.

Guess it’s MMR dependant. Mines in the plat range it seems, and most of the games are pretty fair. But, that’s what I love about mystery heroes, unless one team gets an insane lineup, the matches are usually pretty solid.

Between bad balance/match making resulting in more stomps than actual good games, it does get pretty old really fast. It’s the reason I can’t stand 2cp. You can easily hold the point until OT and then the enemy team just rolls you and you lose.

Also a shout out to the toxicity of the community which is why I have stopped playing comp all together. QP is a circus, half of the team thinks it’s a skirm and wants to do their own thing, while the other half are actually trying to capture the objective resulting in the team just turning in on itself instead of working together.

The only time I ever have “fun” on Overwatch is when I play with friends, but people don’t want to play OW anymore because the amount of stomping and reliance on team mates who don’t want to play the objective.

Can I also add in TTK right now is insane. I played with a Rein the other night who died in less than 2 seconds, and they want all characters to be playable. smh

I think about deleting it every day. it seems the developers went out of their way to make certain heroes as infuriating as possible

It frustrates me more than anything, you expect people to know how to play but they still make dumb mistakes constantly, I just report my entire team everytime I lose :slight_smile:

only time i ever felt stressed was my first gm game thinking i wasn’t gonna be good enough but i got used to it now

at times i found some fun workshops to play.

That is what competitive pvp game supposed to do!