Does Mercy REALLY need a buff?

This is very interesting, and while I am not doubting you, I’d like to read the source material - if you have a link?

I only heard this. I don’t even know if it is true myself. So I would just take it with a grain of salt. I believe I heard it on a stream?

Fair enough.

thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Please don’t throw this misinformation around. That is not what CC means or is. Megadodo gave a clear and simple explanation on what CC means

2 Likes

My favorite thing to do with current res is if a tank dies in between the enemies and they push up, I’ll super jump to high ground out of LoS and do a HILARIOUSLY risky res and get away with it and super jump away because the enemies can’t get back to me fast enough to stop it.

I LOVE getting comments like, “Mercy, how did you even get that res off and live…?”

2 Likes

Fun fact, as long as the post is on these forums, it has a tool for helping you find Dev Posts. If you are on the general discussion page, there’s a line of tabs that say “Top”, “New”, “Unread”, “Latest”, “Dev Tracker”, and lastly, “Blizz Tracker”.

Since this particular post by Geoff is on this forum, it’s one of the first ones under “Dev Tracker” and is relatively easy to find. Regardless… here’s the link

1 Like

Right now, No. I would hope everyone wants to see how the new healer changes things and changes the roster of the supports before we make any changes to the others.

Thank you for the post. It’s not ensuring an ability on R, but he said they’ve been experimenting with Mercy in multiple ways, so that at least solidified the idea that they want to give her a change of some form (a buff by the sounds of increasing potential of Damage Boost or R ability).

I appreciate the link, but it doesnt seem to me to state what was stated in the post I replied to

No, she’s a 100% viable support with her own team compositions compared to Moira, who is completely worthless and could be deleted from the game tomorrow with no one even noticing.

Altho’ I do think Blizzard could buff her pistol with no consequences other than increasing her fun factor, the pistol’s DPS should be more of a boon for Mercy than Damage Boost if the player can aim rather than ride his team mate’s mechanical skill for value.

Rez feels awful to use and is a burden on her kit because the devs have to deliberetly keep the rest of her kit down because rez is way too powerful for a cooldown ability

6 Likes

Mine was an out-of-context claim. But Geoff does state they’re experimenting with Mercy and are trying to buff the utility of damage boost or something otherwise. What that is, none of us know. But the poster did make a comment on an overheal on R.

well, I still like Moira too…but to be honest, I wouldnt call any character worthless, personally

lots of us would notice, I assure you

Mental note: Guardian Angel only works on alive or very recently deceased teammates.

IMO, rez is a power that is balanced within itself by its own heavy restrictions and limitations; and as such, the fact that Mercy has rez does not mean any of her other powers/abilities have been watered down to help balance rez

The poster he’s responding to brings up buffing her healing to 55 or potentially giving her a new ability.

He does seem to shut down the 55 HPs but doesn’t seem to shut down giving Mercy a new ability. After rereading that, I will admit what Silentstrike said is a little bit of a stretch.

I think its fair to presume that any/all of the characters are being looked at to one extent or another, poked and prodded and tested and such internally, over time

My bad. What I wrote in this post helps clarify. I had only HEARD about that, which I stated. I wasn’t sure if it is true. But they’re experimenting with her.

to be fair, I think the other statement comes from another source - there was mention of a stream

You’re fine

I’d bet good money if I had any that ideas for all characters are being tossed around amongst devs all the time.

this simply isnt visible to us, most of the time