Does Mercy REALLY need a buff?

Let’s be honest here. Great mobility. Great utility (damage boosting). Able to resurrect the dead. Good healing, matter of fact the highest percentile according to Devs. Great ult as well! She can fly, get to teammates quickly, and even dps if she wants to. Mercy isn’t bad.

21 Likes

Dunno about buff but I wouldn’t mind another layer of depth to her gameplay, like managing overheal or something

52 Likes

no, she doesn’t need any at all

14 Likes

Mercy is fine. People just really like her as a character, but don’t like how she plays. Instead of playing a different character they would have more fun with, they just beg for changes.

13 Likes

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: it’s midnight I’m not energized enough to type a 30 paragraph essay for all the reasons for and against Mercy getting a buff.

40 Likes

This not being able to save people stuff has to end.

As Mercy, you can have your beam on someone, and they just die on you to chip damage.

If someone you are supporting dies it should be because you screwed up, but because your kit is so damn anaemic that you can’t influence how to the combat goes.

I mean, sure you can rez them, but, they shouldn’t be dead in the first place.

Mercy is god awful. You can damage boost someone, but, will they hit shots? who knows? It isn’t up to you if your abilities are effective at all.

77 Likes

She seems fine in my games. Engaging to play, strong in certain circumstances and comps, but isn’t always an strong pick.

She’d seem a lot stronger if dive was more prevalent, and she mainly had to heal snipers and flankers instead of just tanks.

4 Likes

Dying to chip damage? If you were healing a Rein (Which is not your job) he is most likely going to die because Mercy supports squishes with smaller health pools. I mean if you damage boost bastion you expect him to miss every shot?

2 Likes

I think it’s the switch from main healer to off healer that makes her feel so wonky.

34 Likes

She’s a main healer with 0 burst healing, which has always been an issue for her.

6 Likes

Who also die to chip damage, and there isn’t a single thing you can do about it.

I can’t damage boost an Ashe and be sure it will be effective. It isn’t up to my skill if the ability does a damn thing.

If someone dies while I an Anaing, it is because I did something wrong.

If they die while I Mercy it is because her healing is so bad, I can’t influence the outcome of the fight.

16 Likes

If the squishie you are boosting had any type of game sense, he/she would get to cover and get healed, not sit outside taking damage.

3 Likes

Exactly. Dying doesn’t mean you didn’t get enough healing. Conversely, supplying lots of healing doesn’t mean you’re not going to die.

Mercy doesn’t have burst healing. She’s the healer who provides consistency. She is one of the most evasive support heroes in the game and she regenerates health quickly.

The positives she has are almost all exclusive to her but people choose to ignore that. I have fun with her still and I definitely have my moments of impact.

10 Likes

Great, and yet, if you were Moira or Ana, they would still be alive.

Her kit is entirely swallowed up by Valk + Rez.

9 Likes

Nope. She’s easy as hell and effective.

3 Likes

If ana misses her shot, that person is dead. You are acting as if GA isn’t a thing where she can pretty much zoom out of any bad situation.

4 Likes

yes!!!

if YOU screw up as a support they die.

But with mercy, they just die, and you can’t do anything about it. I don’t have a choice to 'nade them, or chuck an orb to keep them alive, and 50 hps doesn’t do a damn thing.

You just have to put the beam on them, and hope they don’t take too much chip because there is bugger all else you can do, and it just isn’t enough.

27 Likes

1 2 3 4 200 health restored. So if people are dying so often, why does she have the highest heal percentile?

1 Like

Because she is REALLY good at topping people up outside of combat, not having to use cooldowns or resources to do so.

But, what she can’t do is influence the combat to anything close to the same degree as any other hero in the game.

They reworked lucio for this EXACT reason.

22 Likes

I’m still on the side that she doesn’t need any buffs.

And if she does, they would be extremely minor QOL buffs.

2 Likes