Do people actually want Torb, Bastion, and Mei buffed?

I’m honestly fine with the current buff with no fall off. I want to wait to see how she does before demanding any more buffs for her.

buffed, no. reworks would be fine.

You never heard of Widow, Hanzo, Brig, Sombra, and Doomfist have you?

Though I agree Mei is unfun, Bastion and Torb are more annoying than unfun. And really what hero in the game is fun to play against? Bastion is the worst hero in the game and Torb is situational. Bastion needs a rework and Torb needs a few buffs. They are easy to deal with anyways.

See I know both sides of them and torb and bastion can be fun at times (I hate how clunky bastion is) but as for mei, it’s just boring. I find no joy in spamming right clicks into chokes and murdering someone if they come within a 20 meter radius of me. I understand there are people who find it fun but mei is the only hero that I believe should extremely niche and really inky he good for overtime contesting on points. The buff mei is receiving is the wrong kind of buff as she can now contest snipers by spamming right clicks at them and now she’ll do even more damage than she used to. Mei is wholly unfun both to play and play against by her very design.

I don’t honestly think Bastion needs any buffs. A slight rework, sure. Because I think his ultimate is just horrible. But not necessarily a buff. Bastion is the cannon that completes the pirate ship. And no pirate ship sails without its pirates, or it’s sail (Reinhardt/Orisa)

A lone Pirate is a dead Pirate, but a pirate crew loots the booty.

My crappy pirate references aside, Bastion has a really strong place when he plays with his group/his group plays with him. Especially now, and I know you’re all tired of hearing it, but since Symmetra can’t penetrate barriers anymore, that’s a huge buff to the pirate ship. If bastion and/or the DPS on the pirate ship team can aim, that’s pretty hard to stop right now.

Pirate ship actually doesn’t quite click for me as a good term for it, but it’s funny, cause… pirates. More like a steam train. The slowest train of all time (cart), but it’s a train, and trains are unstoppable.

*edit to add: Mei is in a good place, especially with the no dropoff on her RMB coming up. I don’t know why anyone would think she needs to be buffed more.

Torb is getting reworked soon. Honestly, all I want to see happen for him is that he loses the hammer. Completely. Just get rid of it. Sentry gun deploys at lvl 2. maybe increase the cooldown on placing sentry gun, but it deploys at lvl 2.
Other changes would be nice for him like the armor scrap system right now… not very good, his ultimate is great except he still spends 5 seconds reloading his gun…

The sentry gun alone though would make me very happy with Torbjorn.

Mei has to charge up her shot, which either makes it hard on the Mei to corner peek, or makes it extremely easy for the sniper to kill her out in the open. Also, her “spam” is only roughly 1 per second (really 1.2, but who’s counting).

All mei has to do is sit behind a shield. I guess this buff will affect different SR ranges very differently, bronze she’ll be a nightmare, silver she’ll be a nightmare, gold she’ll be a nightmare, plat she’ll be a less scary nightmare and if you keep going up her effectiveness goes down. So why huff her so she’s even stronger in low ranks?

Responding to the Bastion portion:

Pirate ship shouldn’t be a reason to keep Bastion weak. There are many things that can counter a pirate ship. Roadhog, Sombra, Mei, Hanzo, Symmetra (with her teleporter)… I would say Orisa, but she’s kinda broken right now… she can’t pull a Bastion when he’s in Sentry for whatever reason…

Anyway, pirate ship isn’t unbeatable, and having Bastion be half-decent (until he gets pulled off the cart once) on one or two maps shouldn’t be an excuse to keep him as bad as he is.

1 Like

I mean, if the enemy team is approaching with a barrier, and you’re still standing out in the open as a sniper, that’s kinda on you…

1 Like

They are on the hero list…
why do you think they dont belong in the game?

2 Likes

Getting rid of dropoff damage on Mei won’t make her a nightmare in low ranks, at all, because her RMB is projectile and it requires a good deal of aim.

Most powerful at close range, with a long range option if you need it.
MEI MAINS UNITE!!!

2 Likes

mei is bae

Mei has a lot of complexity in her move set, so I’m all for seeing her get more playtime. I can’t say the same about Bastion or Torb—basically plop down and fire away.

1 Like

Nerfing that would be part of Bastion’s buff… Remove Ironclad to give Sentry damage back. Makes him easier to kill so he can’t just sit there and tank stuff anymore. He’d have to be more mobile if he wants to live.

Unfun is a meme buzzword, dying is unfun yet unavoidable in a game build around killing eachother.

Torb, I want reworked.

Bastion, I want power shifted a bit.

Mei?..no. I don’t think she’s bad. They need to stop after the damaged reduction on her icicles is removed. Someone that easy should not be that oppressive.

I know how to counter Mei. I also know how to play her and find she’s ridiculously easy to get value out of now with the falloff gone. That’s where they need to stop if they don’t want to break her.

Let me say If you’re doing that with torb you’re playing him wrong.
Scrap pickups, using bullet drop to shoot down inclines, throw armor , create crossfire with your own turret…

Torb isn’t meant to be babysitting his turret.

1 Like

I really hope that the tossable auto-leveling-turret becomes a thing…

I’m a mei main so, you guess if i want her buffed or not.