Do people actually want Torb, Bastion, and Mei buffed?

/thread

Couldn’tve said it better myself.

If they were to rework Bastion I am not sure how they will do it… They can’t just remove a ability like sentry because that ability is literally part of him.

For his tank ultimate however, you don’t see the tank barrel on Bastion, it just suddenly appears when you ult, if the artists at blizzard are willing to do a lot of hard work maybe we could see a different and better transformation ultimate for Bastion but I highly, highly doubt it…

I Think They said somewhere that they tried putting Torbs ult on E… -.-

I’m Not happy with the lack of original thought that went into that attempt.

Yes! It would be wonderful if every character was balanced enough that any team composition was viable. However, that would be very difficult to accomplish with even half as many heros available. It’s entirely reasonable for people to want their favorite characters to be as viable as the prime meta picks.

So…you want them to stay low tier? Because Symmetra is still poo.

2 Likes

I want all heroes to be viable.

Maybe not the best, but pretty good.

Hey look, the last “Don’t buff Bastion” thread went so well, they decided to make another one… You don’t speak for the community, most people do want these characters buffed (or reworked, but the rework would result in a buff, so…).

And just like so many people in the last thread stated, these aren’t the most “unfun” heroes in the game. That’s your opinion. My opinion is that Hanzo and Doomfist are way more “unfun”. Dying in general is “unfun”, remove dying please, make it all a big hug-fest.

Buff Bastion (rework him, whatever you want to call it)
Buff Torb (he’s already getting a rework)
Mei is fine, just fix the cryofreeze bugs

Do this rework for Bastion
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 200 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Passive damage resist removed
    • Only applies during self-repair
    • Damage resistance increased to 25%
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Applies Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor
4 Likes

I don’t even care if he’s still F-tier, there’s nothing you can really buff about a character to force people to like their playstyle (besides making them extremely OP, which I don’t want). I just want him to be good at his job, and right now, he’s not.

Yes. Yes we do.
People want things you don’t. Weird.
Mei IS fun and could use some changes to make it so playing her doesn’t get reported in comp.
Baston just needs to be changed to something that doesn’t only have functionality as the cannon on the boat.

Torb in my opinion is fine right now functionally but nobody supports him so he can support them and since people can’t seem to work together enough to make him viable regularly we’re getting a rework. Torb isn’t supposed to sit there and hammer a turret but everyone babysits the crap out of it and picks one turret spot.

1 Like

It’s not about pickrates, it’s about the charcter’s inability to do their job properly. Bastion is meant to be an anti-tank hero, but he gets countered by half of the tanks. Mei is supposed to be an anti-flanker hero (I think…? I have no clue what Blizz thinks she is), but her freeze takes too long to actually stop a flanker. Torb is… I have no idea what Torb is, but I’m sure he’s pretty poor at it.

Pickrates just stem from these characters inability to do their jobs.

Also, for the record, I’m not asking for a buff to Mei’s freeze… All she really needs is for her cryofreeze to work properly…

Subjective.

Subjective.

You know what doesn’t belong to the game? Cancerous people who only care about their own heroes and love to see other heroes in trash tier do not belong to Overwatch.

4 Likes

Pff, I happen to disagree with this opinion. I like fighting them because you they force you to adjust and play differently.

Not to mention blizz should strive to make every hero viable and good. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that Mei is fun to play.

So. Yes. I want to see them get the changes they need.

2 Likes

On a side note, I’m like 93% sure these threads are bait, but they make for pretty decent megathreads because of the clickbaity-ish titles…

1 Like

I think almost any decent Mei main agrees that she should receive bugfixes before we look further into potential buffs. The only one frequently mentioned that isn’t a “omg wouldnt it be fun if” buff is some form of reloading (partially) while in cryofreeze.

2 Likes

I still have enough hours to consider myself a Mei main (I’m pretty sure she’s still got more hours in QP than Bastion), and I can confirm. All she needs is bug fixes at the moment, her kit is fine as it is. Especially after the falloff buff.

1 Like

Yes, people want them buffed to viability.

I would like to not be hooked out of cryo and have cryo go on cooldown. That’d be nice. Or Maybe not having snowball disappear AFTER I’ve seen him hit the ground and start up his blizzard just because I died.

These would be great.

But I’ll take being given back sniping mei for now.

1 Like

Just too bad that blizzard hasnt even acknowledged any of the bugs apart from the ananade/cryofreeze interaction in the past 2 years. let alone fix.

Although i believe there was a post about 6 months ago about how they were going to fix “cc’d out of cryofreeze” bug soon. but that never happened

I’m one of those people who don’t want power given to mechanics that are cheesy or unfun to play against/actively disengaging to counter. The problem with that is everyone will have a different opinion on fun to play against, so I’ll never be able to convince anyone who I think should be nerfed into the ground with zero regard to their “fair viability” :frowning:

If they rework Bastion in a way that makes him less viable in that “AFK on the payload and M1” role, sure. If they make Mei less of a “Hahaha you hate me right now don’t you” character to play against, sure.

Torb? Just give 'em what he deserves. Make him a demigod.

:frowning:

Soon™