Do people actually want Bastion viable?

The thing is that Bastion shouldn’t be surviving volleys like that if his flank was caught, he should excel at area denial by setting up a position, but if his position was compromised it would get more difficult to track and kill flankers like Tracer because of how close they are especially with the increased amount of tracking you have to do to land some shots on them.
The issue now is that most heroes can walk up and dance around him regardless of him shooting directly at them because his headshots have been removed. An easy target for those experienced enough to deal with a Bastion before and after the rework.

I see a “F Bastion, he can stay in the trash for all I care” thread, I reply…

1 Like

So many peoples replying at once. That’s gonna be great

It is actually possible to survive, with a bit of luck, you can tank like 4/6 out of his volley, maybe 5

If he uses two to kill an allly then shoots you, hold your self heal and you might survive

This needs further testing but with the damage nerf of his arrows he might survive

Bastion with ironclad at 20%
survives hanzo storm arrow with 64 health.
Doesn’t survive soldiers rocket combo.
Survives tracer with 16 health.

Remove ironclad and he dies to them.

Now given he heals through the attacks
He doesn’t survive any of them.

I was arguing assuming he hits all of them on you.

I totally agree, I didn’t mean to sound like I shouldn’t need a team in a team game, sorry if I did.

I’m not a bastion main, and my playtime on him is rather low, so I’m just theorizing that a lot of the frustration around him is due to the disparity between his team work potential and his solo potential.

You can survive storm arrows, but not if he shoots you with a normal arrow first…

None of them are meant to use on their own

Actively using self heal to defend alongside your other 2 defenses is a way to defend,

Both go together

For self heal outside of battle you have healers.for a reason

Escuse me ? That’s not true.

What rocket combo ?

Survives what from tracer ?

Hanzo being “OP” doesn’t change the fact that him being viable is good for the game. Every character being viable is good for the game. Reworking them to a balanced state is a separate argument.

I dont want Bastion viable as he is currently built. Recon mode should be better. Sentry mode should act like his heal, be used on a resource and situationally very strong, with a near instant switch, but very temporary, not a permanent mode. A third temporary mode would be awesome too: Anti-air mode where he is susceptible to airborne attacks, but delivers Flak attacks that do wide area damage to airborne targets.

1 Like

Bastion is pretty vulnerable to Soldier 76’s rockets, and it’s likely he’ll be outgunned with a burst of damage along with being finished off with the pulse rifle.

The problem with bastion is that he is a select to win, in lower levels. Most people on platinum and below, have hard time dealing with him. So i guess he is tricky to balance.

I was wrong about bastion health.

He doesn’t survive anything.

1 Like

You’re asking for sentry to be his ult ?
Why ? That’s his ENTIRE thing!

1 Like

Actually he has a negative winrate even in bronze.
The more you know.

Yes, that’d be Terr saying that but he’s not here…

1 Like

I’d love to see bastion being more of a “zone-tank” than a dps. Not sure if bastion mains would like that, but if I imagine him losing his self-heal for something like… a channeled 30-50% damage-reduction while splitting his weapon into a low spread and very high spread part would be awesome.
So he would be able to shoot pharah’s and do an average damage like… a soldier for example, but he would also have a massiv spread part which then would make him great for area denial.

Edit: to clarify, you allways shoot the low spread and high spread weapons parts simultaniously, it’s not about switching between a primary and alternate fire.

Make his tank mode a third normal transformation mode.
Give it a bit less damage.

Give him 25% ironclad.

Give his recon mode a bit more movement speed / a movement abillity.

Together with his 50% damage falloff (instead of 75%) he will do a lot better.

Give him a new ult.
Let him transform into a heli with the same flying as mercy ult.
Let the heli use his sentry gun.

1 Like

So I assume that most people here will find this horribly OP in some way just because it’s Bastion, but here’s a proposed rework for Bastion. It puts a weaker version of Tank mode on E, and balances out his other modes accordingly… Most notably, Ironclad as a passive is gone, and it’s now combined with repair. So he only gets the damage resistance while repairing. Some damage in Sentry mode has been given back as well to compensate, but not as much as he had before.

Tank on E
  • General changes
    • Being stunned during a transformation now instantly completes the transformation
  • Configuration Recon
    • Reload time reduced to 1.5 seconds (Formerly 2 seconds)
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Headshots added (1.5x multiplier instead of 2x)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches a maximum of 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Ammo reduced to 200
    • Reload time increased to 2.5 seconds (Formerly 2 seconds)
  • Configuration Tank (E Ability)
    • Damage reduced to 120 (Formerly 205)
      • Splash damage now ranges from 40 - 85 damage (Formerly 70 - 145)
    • Splash radius reduced to 2 meters (Formerly 4 meters)
    • Tank tread sounds reduced
    • 3 shots per clip
    • Ammo reloads over time similar to Doomfist’s gun
    • Ammo reloads at 1 shell per 2 seconds
    • No self damage
    • Transformation time reduced to 1 second (Formerly 1.5 seconds)
  • Ironclad (Passive)
    • Persistent Ironclad is removed from all modes (Sentry and Tank)
    • Ironclad is now bound to Self-repair
    • Ironclad can now be activated even in Recon mode
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it does not heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Applies 20% Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Overclock (Ultimate Ability)
    • Adds 150 armor to all forms
      • Alternatively, sets Ironclad to 35% in Sentry/Tank, 20% in Recon
    • Instantly reloads all ammo for all forms
    • Reduces transformation time by half
    • Lasts 8 seconds
  • Overclock (Recon mode)
    • Increases movement speed to 6.5 m/s (Normally 5.5 m/s)
    • Increases rate of fire to 12 r/s (Normally 8 r/s)
    • Reduce reload speed to 1 second (Normally 1.5 seconds)
  • Overclock (Sentry mode)
    • Grants CC immunity
    • Ammo increased to 250
    • Increases rate of fire to 35 r/s (Normally 30 r/s)
  • Overclock (Tank mode)
    • Recharge rate decreased to 1 second (Normally 2 seconds)
    • Increase direct hit damage to 205

For some more information on why everything is what it is, you can look at this post: In-depth "Tank on E" rework for Bastion

3 Likes