Do people actually want Bastion viable?

Try removing ironclad, and try removing self heal.
Put both bastion against each other in a 1v1.
Who wins If they start shooting at the same time?

Thing is:

We’re not talking about a Bastion 1v1.

Ironclad Bastion would beat Self Heal Bastion simply because Bastion’s clip size is so big that he could keep shooting all the way through Self Heal Bastion’s heal and out damage it the whole time anyway.

Against any other hero it’d be more of a toss up because the damage isn’t as constant as Bastion v Bastion.

I want him viable. The more heroes viable the more varied the game play and the more fun I have playing.

That being said bastion is really tough to balance I think. The other day I played against a team that worked with/around the bastion and they were completely destroying us until we altered our entire team comp to counter just the bastion and they didn’t change to respond.

Any buffs to him I think would solve the problem that he is simply way too good when coordinated but way too weak when not.

So I don’t really have any ideas what needs to be done, but I feel like there would need to be a lot of changes to him to fix the problem.

3 Likes

His Ironclad is the issue, bump it up a few percentages and it might make him too durable to kill effectively. His current 20% gives him little protection of at most 60 HP to work with, but his previous 35% made him unfairly survive through even ultimates. His primary weakness is being stationary, which makes him an easy target. His firepower should make up for that but Blizzard neutered his minigun so hard he’s become ineffective at that role, too. I’d be up for removing Ironclad if it meant his gun can be good again.

1 Like

Bastion can’t shoot while healing.
So unless he somehow got more health than when he starts the fight, he will still take as much damage after healing.

Any hero who kills him when he isn’t healing would still kill him when he used his healing.

You’re talking constant rain of bullets vs non-constant. Look at Pharah. He could heal between rockets, stop and keep firing back to prolong his life while also killing the target.

Something that takes teamwork to make should take teamwork to beat.

2 Likes

In most cases in regards to Bastion’s spread and Pharah’s distance plus the damage fall off involved on his gun, the Bastion would lose because the Pharah already saw him if he started shooting first.

Im a bastion main

Self heal combined above your armor treshold and ironclad is what makes hin survive

You need a combination of all and you can tank tracer volleys without taking damage

1 Like

This man speaks the truth!

1 Like

Most dps heroes in the game has a high fire rate.
Pharah though isn’t a counter for bastion currently.

One of the best counters is still hanzo and roadhog.
Hanzo does 420 damage with his storm arrows.
Without ironclad this is an instant kill.

Roadhog hooks him out of sentry.

Took your time.
Where were you, even ? This is a thread about BASTION!

Only with a symmetra level rework ,he simply cannot be made viable in his current state.

Thanks for that.
Bastion mains, to the rescue!

The discussion there was about Ironclad-only Bastion or Self-heal-only Bastion.

But in Bastion vs Pharah period, the Bastion can actually do decently to hold his own unless the Pharah also has a Mercy attached. And if Pharah’s firing from max range, Bastion can switch to recon mode, easily dodge the rockets since they take so long to get there while firing back hitscan.

1 Like

It’s even with IC. And the self healing.

Edit: My english is broken today. Spent to much time on that widow skin thread.

Most DPS heroes aren’t gonna stand in the open and try to duel Bastion. They will stutter behind cover…When they do you heal…When they pop back out you shoot. That’s why Self-Heal-Only Bastion would be a toss up with Ironclad Bastion.

Viable, yes.
Must pick, no.

We don’t want another 35% Ironclad scenario. We want him to be fun to play, and fair to play against. There will always be people that complain instead of even trying to learn to counter him, and there’s nothing that can be done for those people, they’ll just have a horrible time no matter what.

I personally hate Sombra and Hanzo, but I don’t think they should be garbage. They deserve a valid spot on the roster just like anyone else.

4 Likes

Oh boy. The whole Bastion community is here now.
Wait. Where’s Terr ?