Disheartened Mercy Main

Sure. Because everyone else in this game alwasy picks the best hero for the situation, only Mercy mains don’t because of reasons. Makes sense.

You’re acting like we asked for a damn gamebreaking rework. We didn’t, but guess who complained enough to make it happen? The community, they did it to themselves.

3 Likes

the rework was going to happen, she was hated across the ranks as well as pro play for different reasons, only mercy players/mains for the most part didnt find a problem in her obviously.

1 Like

I completely agree with that. But an OTP doesn’t necessarily mean that person won’t change characters if needed to counter a certain strat for example. It just means that 99% of the time he’ll play that character. Depends on the player I guess, there are definitely people that don’t change even if it makes them lose.

Tbh people still tell me to pick mercy a bunch of times, especially pharah players ofc. Now keep in mind that I play Ana mostly, she could not be in a better spot than she is atm. Idk what it is with people and having a mercy on their team even when she’s undertuned.

i asked for an answer to why this happens.

you added an additional opinion that the action should be respected ( not what i asked )

i made a sarcastic comment to your second opinion which was not in regards to my question.

They wanted to nerf her to bring down her power.
Even then, they needed to nerf her more and buff almost the entire support category to make other supports useful.

Giving a compensation buff would just negate that and leave Mercy at the top again.

1 Like

Hmm I have been saying I’m ok with mercy as she is. And that’s true to an extent.

I recently said “just play her on defense. She’s still good there”. But in the same vein, why rely on rezzing a target on defense when I can pump out more healing with another hero and have my team just not die in the first place. Her lack of utility is slowly grinding me down with her. I would happily throw rez in the bin for a more useful ability.

No rez no worries… right?

Ana has had a bad winrate for god knows how long and I haven’t seen hell breaking loose… infact I saw hell break loose when Mercy’s winrate dropped… are we both viewing the same forums?

4 Likes

Mercy’s role now is pretty much just to be a pocket healer which isn’t a good situation for a main healer to be in.

1 Like

welcome to what happens when the vocal majority of the community outrages.

Mercy players are double standarded too when it comes to ana.

So its not just anti mercys who have dstandards

Okay so I can only answer to what you ask, can’t give my own opinions? Ayy Ayy sir!

Pretty much but comments like those annoy me… when they’re misleading… hell there’s been death wishes on the forums by a couple of Mercy mains to the dev team when instant rez was removed… like chill it’s just a game.

That’s because she got a huge buff for her ult and Mercy got a nerf.
Ana wasn’t played at all before that.

Slow down. Mercy mains do not want Ana nerfed.

Only non-Mercy players that call them names (eg a cult) think that.

Wanting a preferred hero to be viable, is not equivalent to wanting other heroes to be garbage.

9 Likes

didnt say you couldnt.

just gave my own opinion on your additional comment.

lmao, yea, mercy players for the most part are a fine specimen of entitled players.

Same went for dive character players at the start of s10. The outrage from dive character players at the start of s10 was glorious for me, who despised dive and tracer more than anything.

Any posts saying ‘learn to play another hero’ are really off topic. Although I’m sure meant as helpful advice, my point is to nerf a character so often without any type of buff at all isn’t good.

For the record, before the looking for group was added I consistently played Lucio on capture the point maps bc he was better. So I have no aversion to playing other healers.

1 Like

The thing is, she needed the nerfs.
She was too strong.
Adding buffs to compensate would negate the point of nerfing her.

1 Like

I must apologize, with the negative and sarcastic connotation I didn’t realize there was an opinion in those 7 words. Can you elaborate?

you already said you understood there was sarcasm in those 7 words.

Now your saying you didn’t catch that…

you seem, confused… strange.