Disheartened Mercy Main

look man, she was must pick level meta for a YEAR. Its okay, she still has place.

1 Like

Mercy being a must pick was a while ago at this point. Her rework on release was broken but got toned down pretty hard, so she sat around the 8~10% range until the healing nerf hit. Meanwhile Ana is almost as high as Mercy was in pickrate at Diamond+ and nobody is saying crap.

2 Likes

People are not saying anything now, just give it a couple more weeks. It will happen eventually.

I call it the circle of support nerfs.

3 Likes

Because people dislike linear meta’s and they like to play heroes that they have fun with. That’s why there’s so many OTP’s in mobas that despite heroes having 30% winrate’s they still OTP them.

I think character loyalists should be praised. These are the people that devote themselves to finding new ways to play the hero, innovate, etc.

3 Likes

yeah… praised… thats exactly what should happen.

You asked for answer, I’m giving you my opinion. Now you bash my opinion with your sarcasm? Why ask for it in the first place then?

2 Likes

Just stop playing the thing and remember that the next Blizz game they create can at any moment be changed into something you don’t enjoy via the whims of the devs. That’s pretty much what I’ve done. :sweat_smile: It’s not difficult to fix this if you’re a decent designer. Either some people lack imagination or they’re purposefully trying to make her useless.

Why do people keep saying that? She wasn’t a must pick after the January nerfs.

4 Likes

The thing is Mercy was at the point where she forced Ana into irrelevance, and due to her being meta, Zen forced out Lucio completely barring a few points on koth. That’s why she was nerfed, and others were buffed. However, I’m not sure whether or not just buffing the other supports and leaving Mercy would have had the same effect.

Imo Mercy concept design should have been implemented… we wouldn’t have so many people complaining.

I dont care about Ana being the strongest healer, but I care about Mercy being unbalanced.
From bronze to gold Mercy has the second lowest winrate of all supports only above Ana, but in both silver and gold Mercy’s winrate is less than 0.5% higher than Ana’s. Ana is much harder to play than Mercy, right? So then how come Mercy is not getting the winrates in the low tiers that Ana is getting in the high tiers? Because she’s not balanced, she’s underpowered.

5 Likes

There’s a pretty strong case for this.

As is we’ve just seen an inversion. Ana is now the must pick, particularly at higher ranks.

But we’ve had 50hp/s Mercy before, and she wasn’t viable before. And Blizzard devs, before the 50hp/s nerf, did post saying they felt she was balanced.

The only reason I can think blizzard would do this is not in pursuit of balance, but specifically to take Mercy out of games to address community complaints…

3 Likes

And we have a winner.

4 Likes

Well it wasn’t. How can Mercy mains complain about 10+ Nerfs when she was still a must pick after all of them?

The last one hurt her, yeah, the others didn’t change her status, and thus were completely justified.

I like how Mercy isn’t the most picked support in any tier anymore and has one of the worst win-rates in the game, but don’t worry she’s fine.

4 Likes

Ana has a bad winrate? Hell breaks loose.

Mercy has a bad winrate? That’s fine she deserves it.

Community double standards.

9 Likes

I can appreciate the findings of people devoted to one hero only. I can understand the passion and love they feel for their characters, and I can understand they have a lot of fun. I can’t say I hate people like this. However, it is a team game. I can’t praise a person who neglects working as a team, no matter what hero you play.

I love Mercy, but I love all other supports aswell. Right now Mercy can still work fine but she has gone from ‘‘fine in any team’’ to ‘‘situational’’. And anyone forcefully playing a situational hero when it doesn’t work isn’t a good teammate.

I have a feeling the low win% might be due to Mercy players forcefully playing her at all times, even when it’s not a good idea.

1 Like

To be fair, Ana was so terrible for a long time. I want her to shine.

I just don’t want her to shine because Mercy is now awful in every way.

4 Likes

Exactly!
I honestly like playing Mercy, she’s fun to play and I love talking to other people that play her (I normally play offtanks, mostly Zarya and Hog), and I’m sorry that people are disheartened. Maybe just the Support buffs would’ve been enough to keep them both good, or maybe it’s hard given the other meta heroes to have both of them meta at the same time.

well given that ana only had 2 seasons prior to shine while mercy basically had an entire year being more op than ana ever was

What a surprise a lot of people are okay with mercy being garbage for a while

its a double standard yes, but a well earned one

2 Likes