Disheartened Mercy Main

I think what Egonne meant was that they overnerfed her. One of the devs even stated that mercy was balanced, just weeks before they nerfed her again.

This makes me think they are balancing to shift the meta tbh, and not to keep the game balanced. Usually devs do this to keep esports interesting. Just my 2 cents on this subject.

2 Likes

I got the sarcasm, I just didn’t get the opinion you were trying to express. You just said there was one. I thought it was just meant to be a mean comment trying to bash what I said. Which you then went on and said it was really a comment because I expressed an opinion that was never asked.

Her winrate needs to keep getting down while her pickrate stays high for the devs to realize their mistakes.
They’re too hard headed to admit it so there’s need to be enough statistical data that they done something wrong for them to notice.
As for now, i support mercy getting more and more negative win rate.

1 Like

Dude this is getting embarrassing…

Look ill make it simple.

One tricking is dumb, saying it should be respected is dumb.

I can send you a personal letter with it written in crayon if its still hard to grasp.

if not, good day to you.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s denying that other people do it, but he’s just citing it for Mercy now that she’s not always good.

It was supposed to get embarrasing. I was just joking around to see if you’d call me dumb on the official forums, and you actually did. Thanks! I still want that letter tho, put a lace on it if you will, I really like those :>

The point is that if others do it too it won’t affect Mercy’s win rate.

From my perspective, they ruined Mercy when they reworked her.

She became insultingly easy, and later on insufferably boring.

I don’t like Valkyrie because it’s a “ez mode”. I don’t want an ez mode, I do just fine juggling beams and managing my positioning with Guardian Angel. Valkyrie automates those processes, and that’s boring. The last thing I want to do playing Overwatch is turn my brain off - it’s why I originally mained Mercy. She used to be a thinking man’s healer.

I don’t like E rez because 1) it feels like crud to use and 2) I spent a lot of time and effort learning to get ult rez fast enough (without getting myself killed over the risks I took) that I could use it for tempo rezzing, and more time besides learning how to use it properly and not waste it. Now tempo rezzes are just handed to you, and that doesn’t feel rewarding at all.

11 Likes

For people saying Mercy isn’t fun. I have an option, pull out her gun get good with it and use your teammates to relocate. Still heal but don’t pocket or top people off.

Now this will probably be looked down on, but it’s atleast Fun

1 Like

Makes Sense: When you remove a substantial portion of a hero’s power, it becomes necessary to shift the remaining power around a bit to restore cohesion in the hero’s kit.

Makes No Sense : I’ll just hack off one giant chunk and then another, with no effort whatsoever to adjust the hero’s design to suit its new power levels, and then I’ll do that ten more times, and there can not possibly be negative consequences.

3 Likes

I like how you somehow have to bring OWL into this.

Think about it. Who wants to watch a Mercy fly around and heal, they’d rather have Ana top healer who can outskill and get some crazy darts. Viewership goes up with Ana and they make more money. Tinfoil Hat

2 Likes

An overpowered hero got nerfed until she wasn’t, sounds like the devs are doing their job.

2 Likes

Well they wanted the other supports to have some playtime so they have gradually nerf Mercy to get to that point. I do not quite see the problem.

Welcome to the rest of us here have a cookie and maybe take a look at this thread right here. Some of us put ideas for Mercy together and voted on them maybe you can share you opinion on the final suggestion as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

She was OPAF because they made her like that. Without the horrible rework they would have never nerfed her like this. So overall it is their fault that Mercy is in this situation at all.

4 Likes

She was OP because the devs wanted to give you guys a cool ultimate and because they forgot to revert her healing after buffing the rest of her kit with the angel hop and rez on E. Then it took them a year to fix it because every little nerf, however justified, caused and continues to cause a huge outcry from a portion of the Mercy fan base.

1 Like

When something has been meta for over 6 seasons, and was a OP as old Mercy was. There is no need for a ‘compensation’ buff. If something is OP, you don’t nerf it then buff it do you? You just nerf it.

1 Like

eh she could have ended up the same mass rez is like scatter arrow a lot and I mean A lot of people didn’t enjoy playing aganst mass rez so from the devs POV it had to go

I think the reason mercy was 100% pickrate (across all ranks) was simply because she was the best support at the time.

Ana being a highly picked support (her pickrate increases steadily the higher the rank is, which is healthy imo) is because her high skill/risk = high reward, and in higher ranks - the reward is higher. if they’ll introduce another skill based healer I think her spot in high ranks would decrease and there will be a healthy competition between ana and that other skill based support :^)