Director’s Take: Addressing Unapproved Peripherals on Consoles

Yeah but it’s only quick play cross play right now, but if they did input based matchmaking then it would be in competitive as well I imagine!

Counterstrike is a very different type of game where you know roughly where enemies are going to come from every time taking angles and you wouldn’t really benefit so much from wider FOV as in overwatch where it’s really important to be able to see around you especially with how chaotic team fights can get!

:smirk_cat: :point_up_2:

1 Like

exactly…console players in PC crossplay lobbies who use xim devices gain M&K PLUS aim assist from console…which gives them an advantage over the PC players in the lobby

console players who group with PC players in PC lobbies who use XIM gain the advantage of mouse and keyboard AND aim assist, which is an advantage over the PC players in the lobby who have mouse and keyboard but do not have aim assist.

hmm, i never considered that…since you are running a peripheral that tricks the console to thinking it’s actually a controller input, who’s to say some enterprising individual hasn’t figured out a way to attach some other device between the xim and the controller that has some sort of aimbot ability in it, and the game would think it’s legitimate input.

Controller>cheat device>xim>console … the console never knows that any aimbot is being introduced because it detects every input as legitimate.

i wonder if that’s even possible?? hmm

For me this parts is the best:

The Future of Mouse and Keyboard for Console

So, we have started discussing whether we can add official mouse-and-keyboard support to consoles in a way that doesn’t give these players an unfair advantage over their controller counterparts.

3 Likes

Hopefully they add fov slider to go alongside it that would be amazing or at least just give us the same fov default as PC heh and also then you need to allow frame tearing…

:smirk_cat:

1 Like

I’m sorry about your health issues, but if your health issues force you to leave cooperative team games with enough frequency to eat a ban, then your disability prevents you from participating.

maybe get a group together and do customs.

How does this prevent them from simply making a new account and starting back on comp matches? As a silver player, how come all my como matches look like I’m playing against players on speed since this implementation? What am I missing? It seems like this is the problem with a free to play game - your cheaters ignore bans and just create a new account. I think they should have kept the game pay-to-play, maybe giving you the option to pay a smaller fee for extra skins but also an option of getting them in loot boxes earned in the game, but definitely no pay-to-play overpowered new heros.

consoles also have hardware IDs which are extremely hard for the end user to change.

Blizzard can and has done hardware bans in the past.

Official Mouse and Keyboard support for PS5 will bring me back to this game. I stopped playing OW2 when to switched to console as the game is unplayable with a controller, you cannot do the same things that you can do with a mouse. Really hoping they implement it ASAP, I cannot wait to play this game again. Thank you.

For Xbox it’s not Blizzard doing the hardware bans, it’s Microsoft and their Xbox Live Enforcement team.

I think Blizz is really putting the big skill difference between mouse/keyboard vs console on a pedestal. People are so good with controllers that are now able to really be on the same scene with keyboard and mouse. It’s really not a big deal.

If you have the tech, all you need to do is disable aim assist if they detect MNK input, and if they don’t, just allow it. it’s not really that big of a difference, especially in the high ranks. just sayin.

Lol i just hope they dont take another 5 years to implement this basic mouse and keyboard support. Why wasnt this done from launch boggles my mind.

It has been 3 months. Where is the mouse and keyboard native support for console ?

3 Likes

Simple, Some of us can’t afford a PC that can run OW well. I do have a Laptop but its from 2016 and I’m not getting an actual PC anytime soon because I don’t have the kind of money to drop on a PC.

1 Like

I doubt it’s gonna be a priority for the devs. Which sucks

1 Like

What’s the update on this? Where is the Mouse and Keyboard support? How much more do we have to wait? It blows my mind how incompetent the developer team is to implement BASIC features.

They are probably busy making some goofy skins that will mint them more money.