Did we learn nothing from Reaper?

Because this FPS has a more diverse cast? And I don’t think I should limit myself from a game my friends all play because I’m disadvantaged in one way. It’s not like I don’t have any ability to aim, it’s just less than most other people, plus I’m not even complaining or moaning about having a disadvantage, just stating a fact. That is all. Some people cannot aim well for a reason. That is all I am saying.

Again, you cannot balance for the top where a particular meta will always dominate and skew stats. It’s simply not possible.

I’ll repeat what I’ve said, over and over in this thread. You balance where more heroes come into play that level is Masters. But have an eye for outliers in other ranks, of which Reaper was, and arguably continues to be.

A hero, like Reaper or McCree in his FtH phases, who overperforms in lower ranks but underperforms in higher ranks is a really good example of a ‘wrong’ fix to a problem. A more extreme example was Valkyrie 1.0 Mercy, who allowed players to climb excessively for their real skill level.

That is how the game is balanced. Most heroes do work fine at most ranks, we see almost all heroes used in OWL. There are some top-down heroes like Tracer, Widowmaker, Sombra, who excel in top ranks and are harder to make work in lower ranks; but in many ways it’s the differences in how the game is played at lower ranks that make Tracer and Sombra harder to make work which makes them particularly hard to balance there.

So here, I’ve outlined 6 heroes, out of 30 which are “outliers”. Then there’s Symmetra and live McCree who just sucks, and Pharah who’s great up to Plat, and then vanishes again until OWL - and I have no idea how the hell you balance that.

So again, for the most part, most heroes are balanced in most ranks.

1 Like

There’s a ton of heroes in OW that aren’t wholly aim dependent. Reinhardt, Winston, Mercy, Moira, Zarya (that beam is surprisingly wide), Symmetra, Brigitte, then there’s a lot more like Zen, Sombra, Torb, Ashe, Mei, who have strong impactful abilities that aren’t aim intensive (some autolock).

1 Like

I’m not saying you should.

Good, never be a victim. Victimhood is always bad for everyone involved. More power to you.

Sure. Again I’ve never stated anywhere that everyone is God’s gift to Humanity in terms of aim.

Do you even read what I say? This is literally what I’m saying - Overwatch is about the most casual FPS on the market currently. You literally need zero mechanical skills to climb and get to the top. The game doesn’t need further casualization because low elo players can’t play properly and demand nerfs to high skill floor / skill ceiling heroes because they get destroyed.

No hero in the game has auto-lock.

1 Like

Except you know, Zen orbs, Sombra Hack, anything else that puts a reticle on your target and says “Press E, Q or Shift”.

That’s an ability. No hero currently in the game has auto-lock in terms of aiming.

1 Like

And that is to dismiss the value of abilities, on which every hero relies, often more than aiming. There are some, like Widow, McCree, who rely more heavily on aim than others; but even these are strongly ability dependent - I mean, Grapple Hook is a clear balance point for Widow.

1 Like

Okay, that has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

they should just stop trying to balance heroes and just fix bugs, this mcree update is going to be stupidly op

does anyone know what the damage increase on fan the hammer is?

But, why?

Just because you stated your opinion, that’s it? Discussion over?

Nobody has to tell you why you’re wrong (though they will) you have to tell us why you are right.

It’s been 50 damage per bullet for about a month now. Was 55 damage. Before that it was 45 damage per bullet.

What for real? This is so self-evident I’m surprised I even need to explain it. Low elo players are bad at the game - they lack each of the main components necessary. Game sense, composition, mechanical skill, situational awareness, hero pool, you name it they lack it. Therefore, balancing for bad players makes absolutely zero sense - these players don’t understand the game. It’s also impossible to balance for the top and the bottom, that’s a pipe dream.

Easiest example is vanilla Symmetra. Low elos considered Symmetra to be absurdly OP, even though anyone that’s actually remotely decent knew Symmetra is an absolute F-tier, useless hero. It’s just low elo players can’t aim to save their lives. If we balance for low elo, we are supposed to nerf the worst hero in the game just because of their inability to play properly.

It’s like making a test easier just because some students don’t want to learn and got an F.

I mean this is such a simple concept that it kind of baffles me I have to even explain it.

1 Like

thanks, though i meant on the new mcree buff

So what?

Not all players are of equal competence and generally they are grouped to play with similar skill level.

There is no “therefore” here, I asked why and you stated the obvious that less skilled players are less skilled.

No, screwing over your customers makes absolutely zero sense.

This is like a car company saying they don’t care about anyone except the F1 Race Car drivers and scoff at ordinary drivers who don’t have the amazing driving skills of F1 Race car drivers.

Why? Why is it impossible?

Okay, maybe she was F-tier, but why would that be impossible to balance?

No why would you be supposed to “nerf” her?

The problem was her lock on was essentially impossible to break if she stayed within range so you could cheese through it just spamming movement with zero regard to your own tracking skill. This was really annoying.

And how is this a problem for you?

You clearly hate low skilled players, how is them getting something a problem for you?

It isn’t.

It’s pure sadism. You think players should suffer for having aim below a certain standard, conveniently a standard that doesn’t apply to you.

And they didn’t nerf symm, overall Symm 3.0 is a buff it’s just she can’t cheese her way in fights with squishies by jumping around to a ridiculous extent, more than she could even keep tracking a target without such a strong lock-on.

You said it was impossible… but the best example you could give totally contradicts your point.

I think I get it, you haven’t really explained yourself so I have to read between the lines: the simple concept is sheer selfishness and elitism.

You think because a player lacks skill they deserve to have a bad time, that is their just punishment and they should never have bought Overwatch.

And that is why you should never be trusted in any decision making capacity in any business.

2 Likes

The problem here is that the community whines about anything and Blizzard fault is listening to the community and the streamers in the first place!

As far as I can tell, his right click is being untouched.

It’s his left-click that is getting a change, from 0.5 sec fire delay between each shot to 0.4sec fire delay between each shot.

Check the patchnotes here:

And no FTH wasn’t touched this patch.
His primary fire got a speed buff.

k thx

Summary

This text will be hidden

:joy: So how are you going to talk about balance and propose balance changes if you don’t have any clue or idea about the topic you are talking about or understand fundamental principles? LMAO.

Yeah, because it’s literally that obvious. It’s self evident and logical. You can’t balance around the worst players because they have absolutely zero idea what they are talking about.

LMAO. You are not screwing over your customer base, hahaha. It’s not Blizzard’s fault some people are bad at the game, lel.

What a silly analogy. Do regular people drive F1 race cars? That’s literally it. Regular people have zero clue about race cars.

Because balance changes would be contradicting one another or be mutually exclusive.

Because according to low elo players, she was OP and according to anyone else she was F-tier trash hero.

Because according to low elo players, she is OP.

LMAO, literally zero logic and pure emotive language. It isn’t a problem to me because I can actually aim, people can aim. That’s why it was never OP because Symmetra was countered by 99% of the roster.

No, it doesn’t. Because now Symmetra is trash more less equally everywhere instead of just in the top. :smiley: She is literally still a throw-pick useless hero except she is now played by even less people and has even less win-rate. She is still not good anywhere decent but now she is also bad at low elo too :smiley:

It’s called logic.

LMAO. No, that’s not what I’m saying at all, nice try twisting my words with zero coherence and purely emotive virtue signalling.

Good thing I actually run a business. Balance / = business. Have zero relation. Reaper is literally the best example:

People here crying he is OP when he is not and can be countered easy. Blizzard caved in for low elo people and nerfed him even though he was not amazing anywhere decent. So same thing - instead of him being bad at the top, he is now bad everywhere. :smiley:

Balancing for the bottom and top is impossible, those are mutually exclusive. Nice try though.

What do I not know about this topic?

All I have done is ask you for evidence and found your evidence lacking.

Your pet theories of balance =/= the fundamental principles.

That is not logic, that is magic.

So what? It’s not in dispute that less skilled players are less skilled.

You’re acting like that proves your pet theory when it doesn’t.

That does not follow.

When you “balance around” them you don’t just give them what they say they want.

Wait… do you think “balance around” means… just cave in to the mob and give into the loud minority clamouring for certain things? Because that’s not how balancing works at ANY level of the game.

You deal objectively with how play is.

Yes it is screwing them over.

You’re just acting like you can only “screw over” those who you think don’t deserve it and you you think they deserve if because of your elitist attitude.

Do regular people perform in competitions streamed to millions of people?

Why? Why would they be contradicting each other or be mutually exclusive?

Why does that mean she would be impossible to balance?

You’re not actually giving any logical reasons for any of this. You’re not giving any reason why she couldn’t be changed to a form that made her better in higher ranks and worse in lower ranks.

As was in fact done with Symmetra.

There’s absolutely zero emotive language. Sadism and elitism can be objectively noted.

Exactly my point… it’s not a problem for you… yet you contradict yourself saying it can’t be done as if it would be a problem for you.

It is a fact that that is not a universally held opinion.

How is it so logical?

No, I think I perfectly summarised your selfish illogical approach.

I don’t think you should and I think whatever business you run would run better without you in any position of authority.

This is just nonsense, Reaper has received nothing but buffs. Except that brief period where his lifesteal was 50% before going down to 40%. Obviously net buffs overall.

Why? Tell me why it would be impossible?

You can’t just state the obvious on irrelevant points, make baseless declarations and then self-declare yourself to be logical.

Man, it’s weird how much you’re compeltely incapable of handling the little three letter word “why”.

You have never said why.

I don’t think you can say why because there is no reason why. No logical reason at least. Your vindictive assumption is not logic.

2 Likes