"Devs dont do anything"

I undertsood all your aguments.
As long as you don’t insult the devs (which you haven’t done here) I’m ok with your criticism.

Blizzard is infamous for overbuffing and overnerfing without consideration for middle ground.

They love the flavor of the month idea. Took them how long to give 5 hps to mercy, you tell me, is that a complicated change?

1 Like

Multiple people in this thread will tell you it takes multiple months on end to test and implement that change-

I’m not trying to say it’s the only thing he did or anything… It’s just one of the many things on the list of his responsibilities…

This is your own view and that’s fine. This is reaching into area’s beyond the scope of this discussion though.

I have no idea what your point is. Why does this mean Hanzo and Genji’s dragons can’t be hard light?

Which implies you don’t understand what OW2 is, because OW2 is literally a series of missions with structures that identify narrative beats and plot lines to support the story.

Either the game has no plot lines or it has many plot lines that are left open. Pick one and stick to it.

Characters. Not simply “heroes”. Characters refer to the story. “Heroes” refer more to the gameplay aspect and could literally be just black cubes that shoot things for example.

The characters have stories associated with them which the community has obviously seen. Hence your statement isn’t true and is thus hyperbolic.

You’ve established your opinion on those things, sure.

still I don’t get wich kind of game we will have, I don’t get if is something you lev up or if is something like our ‘‘pve’’ events we had here wich was just a repeat till you fall down in sleep.

Also I didn’t see all these cc changed…

and last but not least of all the issues… smurfs… wich they don’t care about since $$$$$$>quality for players.

I suggest you go rewatch the Blizzcon reveal. It’s all explained there, but here’s a summary.

• Story missions. These will play like better versions of the Archives missions. Not intended to be highly replayable (Like the Archives missions)
  • Hero missions. These are missions for every map in OW playable by every hero (Unlike story missions which have limited hero selections depending on the mission) These are intended to be “highly replayable”
  • Progression systems: This includes the leveling system you’re talking about.

It came a couple patches ago:

Because that would break the established rules for how hard light functions in universe which would open up way more questions and complications for example: If this clan in Japan that doesn’t even focus on tech development can create hard light tech that requires the right DNA to use and can be generated by very small technological sources (like an arrow) why doesn’t vishkar a tech development MONSTER do the same? Why does it appear to come from Hanzo’s tattoo if it’s from his arrow/bow? Why does Hanzo use real arrows if he can just use hard light ones? etc… It’s not that they can’t be it’s simply that saying they are creates more plot holes.

In order to identify plot lines and story beats there needs to actually be ones that are already going places, but all the plot lines we have are all unrelated to the OW2 story line (fighting the second omni crisis along with Talon) so that means yes we’ll be getting new storylines that will be wrapped up in the span of the story mode, but the questions we have now won’t get addressed at all.

It has many plot lines that are going nowhere, so it might as well have none.

Theres no character who isn’t in the game who has all 4:
a fleshed out backstory, a motivation, a goal and plot relevance.
AKA the 4 most basic components for a character.

They are poor, it’s basic things and voice lines a 14 year old could write. Michael Chu was talented but I can’t help but feel he was wasting his talent with Blizzard.

Where were these rules established if you don’t mind me asking?

We won’t know that until OW2 comes out :+1:

Moving the goalpost. Lore exists. We have seen it. End of story.

Again, these are your opinions.

In the stories own context, and I know your next point is already going to be “if blizzard didn’t say it directly it’s not a rule in universe” save it, when you have as little lore as we have gotten for Overwatch, rules in universe are established through context and every piece of context points to hard light having rules and towards Genji and Hanzo having some weird magic despite the universe supposedly not having magic. If hard light didn’t have any rules then we wouldn’t see consistent patterns with every character that uses hard light.

We won’t, but I would be willing to bet.

We know it exists, we’ve heard of it, but none of it ever gets satisfying answers or answers at all, and when they do get answers it just opens more questions.

Never said they weren’t and saying “it’s your opinion” doesn’t discredit the criticism.

This is a legit point whether you believe it or not. It was never an established rule. Your point is moot.

Yep and we’ve seen more than “none of it”.

Sure, but it’s still just your subjective opinion. My subjective opinion is basically the opposite of what you said :+1:

Yup predicted it, please understand how world building works before you try that. Rules for magic and tech don’t need to be said outloud to be “established” when a clear pattern is there then the rule is established contextually.

And say Genji and Hanzo’s dragons ARE hard light, again that just opens up way more questions that are much harder to answer without Blizzards input, as I pointed out before.

We have seen none of it, nothing ever gets answered, nothing ever moves anywhere, plot lines are left hanging and open and characters just get plopped into the world adding more questions, you’re just pulling an Amelia Bedelia and taking my words 100% literally to attempt to invalidate my points.

And again, this is just an attempt to thwart any attempts at criticism by making the opponents statements seem invalid, the ingame dialogue doesn’t have any nuance to it. I don’t know what nuance you think there is in “push the payload”, it’s basic stuff thats not really a job to write down “push the payload” and tell someone how to say that into a microphone, nor is it a hard thing to do. Yet Chu did it poorly for 5 years. You can keep ignoring any criticism on his writing of dialogue and trying to invalidate my point by saying “Oi thats your opinion mate” but the criticism still stands and is still valid, Michael Chu’s writing of dialogue was mediocre at best. Now his world building could’ve been something great and was where he could’ve really shone through but as I’ve said MULTIPLE TIMES Blizzard either
A. Is hiding away all the lore he wrote for some reason
or
B. He didn’t write any and just left plots hanging open in which case, thats poor writing and handing of a story.

Now I’m done here because you’re posts are just staring to get passive aggressive and petty at this point.

The rule is only implied, sure. But that doesn’t mean the rule becomes established as something that cannot be deviated from.

Nope. I can give many examples of lore we’ve seen.

You realise you were the one that started this line of dialogue by isolating me pointing out your use of hyperbole right?

No. It’s an attempt to deviate from that line of conversation because there’s literally no way to argue it. It’s subjective. It’s your opinion. I can’t argue against that besides saying I disagree :smile:

How difficult is it to alter some ingame numbers for balance? We do it all the time in custom games yet it takes OW devs literal weeks or even months to do this.

No. They’re not actually doing their thing.

1 Like

They not comming back in plat tho, i played open q alredy, no goats on the horizon for people like me. For whole time i play this game, i saw it once…

They’re EXTRA slow and have very little to no communication with their playerbase. It’s sad. Paladins has a meeting of youtubers and content creators who directly bring the problem to the devs which gives the playerbase a say in what’s going on, bleeding edge just came out lately they’re reworking a fighter and they went on reddit and discord to ask what was wrong about that fighter and how they should tweak/rework, if the ow devs did the same with symmetra she would’ve been viable since the first rework.

1 Like

Because there is no time-based search filter here. It really shouldnt be that hard to understand, several important faces of the Overwatch community asked for Hero bans and a lot of normal players aswell.

??? I wasnt denying that they were doing it for money I just said that the changes arent directly introduced to bring more monetization. Like your point is so out of context its actually horrendous, its like saying “Hey, did you know that Blizzard employs people?” or “Btw, I think Blizzard is a game publisher”.

I looked it up before writing the post (because I actually inform myself about something Im having a discussion about) and I was obviously not referring only to that word.
I never said that sanctimony = using difficult words, I was just referring to you in general.
Also, I looked up how frequent sanctinomy is used, its really low, making it unnecessary and hard to know about for non-native speakers.

Do you refer to looking sanctimony up?

Bro, read the original post I responded to. It was about balance changes.

“They give us questionable buffs/nerfs since years.”
“Literally every change ever made to the game is questionable.”

If by “literally every change ever made to the game” you meant “literally every balance change ever made to the game” then sorry, I misunderstood.

Role queue prevents goats, that’s it.

1 Like

If they actually wanted her to be viable. Developers tend to dislike heroes, that get in the way of their “fast-paced gameplay” goals, and Symmetra isn’t great for that.

Basically, developers supposed to be neutral side in community arguments, but they are not.

1 Like