"Devs dont do anything"

That’s like… the most braindead thing I’ve ever heard. We literally got 3 of the biggest changes in OW history in the past few months.

Its really sad to see OW devs trying to do everything to make their playerbase satisfied but the community still crying that devs dont do anything, in fact, the team is probably also planning and testing multiple stuff the playerbase is unhappy with right now (smurfs, mercy buffs, DPS queuetimes, CCs etc.) it just takes TIME.

Remember when the playerbase was whining about Goats for a straight year? Well guess what, devs had to wait months to release the new feature which would fix that while the playerbase was crying every day.

I have seldomly seen a game do so much for their players and although the game still has a lot of problems (Power Creep, CC, smurfs, some newer bugs, game balance etc.) they already tried to act against that, it just takes TIME. They started nerfing a bit more instead of buffing for Power Creep, they gave us CC “reworks”, they gave us role queue to (kinda) prevent smurfing and although the game seems buggy with some abilities still being completely random(cough reinhardt charge cough), most of the “problems” lie in Overwatch being an international game, so ping just wont go below 40 ms for most of the playerbase, which clearly affects gameplay.

So, if youre unhappy with the game, thats ok, tell us why, but dont say “devs are doing nothing” open your eyes. If the forum continues like this, devs will think that actually listening to players is unnecessary and I’d rather have a game which is actually listening to the community instead of just doing his thing.

25 Likes

I’m not reading another giant wall of text

But the devs shouldn’t be given a cookie for doing what they’re supposed to

• Their reactions are late

• Their communication is almost nonexistant

Combined, it not only seems but feels like not only do they not want to do something, they don’t care. And if that concept is too hard for you, you aren’t ready for this convo.

29 Likes

Yeh they did something, wow! Thats what devs should. They give us questionable buffs/nerfs since years. Bugs, some gamebreaking still exist since ever. Compare OW “content” output with other games, its actually nonexistant

9 Likes

Thats IS why they’re unhappy. Because the devs don’t do anything, they make changes way too late, don’t communicate any of their plans, refuse to truly test out balance changes (ptr is literally just early access, 90% of the stuff there gets added into the game despite feedback) and when they do make balance changes it’s either to way little or way too much and then thats what we’re stuck with for months. The only content we get is a few legendary skins, voice lines and emotes every few months and despite having literally hired a man who’s only job was to write the lore for the game, lore has been COMPLETELY stagnant since 2018 and even then, the only lore we ever get is talking about characters backstories or past events, the story hasn’t actually moved FORWARD since 2016.

They added in 2-2-2 (An incredibly complicated and unnecessary system) when ALL THEY HAD TO DO, was nerf AOE healing and the damage of a few off tanks, which could’ve been done, tested and put on live in under a month during those months they adjusted Mei and reaper 4 times and changed armor and never thought to test some healing nerfs.

And even after ALL THOSE MONTHS it took them another 4 months to roll back the Mei and Reaper buffs as well as the tank nerfs that made 2-2-2 unbearable.

It takes time, but WAY less time than the devs are taking.

Literally in what world does role queue prevent smurfing lmao.

Reinhardts charge, a perfect example. The ability has been buggy since 2015, TWENTY FIFTEEN, BETA, When Rein was revealed. It took them years to acknowledge it’s buggyness and another year to fully rework how the ability functions internally and it’s STILL a buggy mess.

They already do, they only listen to .01% of players aka the pros, who play a WAY different game from the other 99.99% of us.

6 Likes

Why are you on the forums and replying to this post then? Thats like starting an argument and walking away as soon as the other person begins talking.

Because it takes time to make a game and changes like that. Thanks god ignorant people like you dont control this game.

See, just for this sentence it wouldve been better to actually read the post before replying, Im not giving them cookies, but giving them shat for “not changing the game” while they clearly do is just sad. There are so many big games out there who literally dont listen to their community at all. Take for example our favourite block game, Minecraft, their devs didnt do anything for the “competitive” scene of the game since 2014, thats 6 years. And OW devs are introducing 1-3-2 a month after the first post about it came up, the amount of big changes we are getting is INSANE when compared to other games.

2 Likes

why would they talk to us? devs are just people that do their job, i bet nowhere in their contract is written

• you must talk to every person you see out there! or else!
2 Likes

Cause I don’ typically skip posts

But giant intimidating walls of texts are almost always a struggle that wasn’t worth it.

Deja vu much?

Wall of text-
skip

It’s not that they have to interact with their community. But when you haven’t addressed a problem, such as a hero being a throw pick for months and make no word of it, it’s naturally to feel ignored.

3 Likes

I guess lore is an exception to that, but its really just not that important in a competitive FPS. People dont realise, but they test stuff A LOT before adding it internally, most content goes through weeks and weeks of testing at least for most big games, I dont see why OW devs should necessarly be faster than that, giving up player experience for faster updates, especially when we’re talking about “blizzard polish”.

Remember when most players didnt runned goats at all… yea… but they did cry about it, and man i wish to play it.

Osrs gets more frequent patches, more communication from the devs, and more support in every way than this game does.

A browser game from 2005 is better supported than a 2016 triple A game.

Btw, are schools just not teaching paragraphs anymore?

2 Likes

Wall of text… :cry:

“Devs don’t do anything” is definitely a ridiculous statement to make though. It’s just people using hyperbole and fueling their own bias to try and make an argument.

Man… You really think Chu’s job was just to sit down and write lore and nothing else, huh?

i know, im the one forced to “play rein / zarya or report”…
but to expect devs to care about us, or the game is silly.
their own company doesnt care about them, and somehow they should care about us, cmon , get real here. blizzard fired 200 people in their record year in profit, and devs should care about us. we are last on the list they should care about.

Okay It wasn’t his ONLY job but the guy wrote like 10 whole paragraphs of lore in 4 years. Maybe Blizzard just wasn’t letting him release it for some reason idk, but he was the LEAD STORY WRITER. Tell me what do you think is the main job of the LEAD STORY WRITER

2 Likes

they just trashed my flashbang and buffed your mercy :upside_down_face:

And that’s where I morally disagree :slight_smile:

But it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re wrong either

Good.

k sombra LUL :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

On an internet forum, really?

Its just a completely different game philosophy, its like… not comparable at all.

Im not a mercy main, I honestly dont know why my profile pic on the forums is still the same, I just tried to troll with it a few times. But yeah, the McCree nerf was kinda unnecessary.

oh you a tank main, mb mb

If you actually want people to read your post instead of complaining about the wall of text. You act like using line breaks is some sort of difficult task, as opposed to something we expect 12 year olds to be able to do.

Yeah, its almost as though one involves communicating with the player base and keeping the game fresh while the other one is about minimizing effort while maximizing profit.

Probably why theyve all but abandoned this game to focus on OW2. Because money.

3 Likes