Dev for a Day: What would YOU Change

Update the matchmaker so, that matches where you are placed late into the game in QP, kept some of the “waiting time” depending on how long the matched lasted.

So, if you get dropped in VERY late in a game, you will find another game quickly.

And given I am dev for only a day, that would be the complete day for me - depending on how well the matchmaker codebase is structured, and what kind of data you normally can get (like, last match length in total, and last match length you were in), I likely wouldn’t even get it finished.

Sure as hell it wouldn’t be tested, but, the framework would hopefully be in place for another dev to finish the job.

Looking at the other people in the thread, they are some god damn super developers, because I couldn’t do what they are attempting to do in a day.

1 Like

You’re taking the title too literally, I don’t think I can change it now

1 Like

-Reaper gets his lifesteal lowered to 20-25%
-Doomfist gets reworked(most likely rocket punch interaction with wall damage)
-Mei loses the ability to freeze multiple targets at once
-Hanzo storm arrow or lunge nerf or change his hitbox so his arm doesn’t cover his head
-Widow gets another grapple cooldown nerf or nerf to her damage chargeup rate

I would remove Ultimates :slight_smile:

Make a non-role queue comp option for people who are sick of 2/2/2 for various reasons. GOATS will be welcomed back with open arms after double shield.

Tbh, if they could

1. Do basic patching more frequently
  2. Fix AFKing
  3. Implement a VGS system

That would be better than content.

Add more cosmetics for weapons and skin dyes.

D.va

• Defense Matrix range once again extends to 15m.

Roadhog

• Whole Hog now applies 50% damage reduction to him and nearby allies for the duration, allowing a form of burst tanking.
  • Chain Hook damage reduced to 5.
  • Scrap Gun damage per pellet increased by 1.

Hanzo

• Primary fire now has sharp velocity fall-off, reducing reliability at farther ranges.
  • Storm Arrows now continues to fire all arrows in an uninterruptible burst once the player begins firing. Remaining arrows are lost if stunned.

Mei

• Primary fire no longer pierces enemies.
  • When an enemy is unfrozen, there is a 1 second cooldown before Mei’s primary fire can begin freezing them again.

Reaper

• The Reaping’s lifesteal reduced to 25%.
  • The Reaping now also increases Reaper’s reload speed and fire rate by 20% per elimination. Stacks are consumed upon reloading or after 10 seconds. Maximum 3 stacks.

Symmetra

• Symmetra now recovers 50 shields over 1 second whenever Photon Projector drops a charge level.

Widowmaker

• Widow’s Kiss maximum damage reduced to 100. Critical hit damage increased to 3x.

Mercy

• Caduceus Staff’s healing increases by 5 per second maintained on the same target, up to 60. This effect resets when the healing target takes damage.

Is there a compelling case for adding more CC, or leaving it as it currently is, though? I can’t think of any benefit to having so much CC unless your thought is “Tracer or Genji will run rampant without it.”

The biggest problem with CC is that it affects poorly played mobile heroes (Tracer, Genji, Sombra), and heavily punishes lower mobility heroes. It has little effect against well played mobile heroes, the ones people think of when they write salty “nerf Tracer :sob:” threads.

There’s a reason Brigitte’s kit started off as a good concept (the support that counters dive heroes), but she became an infuriating pest to play against as any hero not named Tracer, Genji, or Sombra.

You don’t get the luxury of choosing your engagements like they do, so the CC will almost always land, and you’ll get smoked in that period of vulnerability.

I honestly think the game is well balance overall not om the live servers but on the ptr. If im going to build upon the ptr changes this is how id do it. The problem is that there so many low skill heros like reapers getting more value than the hardest heros in the game when mastered. I would change reaper like this.

Reduce his fall of from 10 to 5 meters so it puts him back on that that tank busting role but theres alot more room for counter play and out distance then id reduce his life steal from 50 to 30. So he can be killed if not careful because at the moment its as if he cant with that life steal so op.

Miora i know they changed miora but i honestly dont think that’s enough she again easy character to pick up and get free value. So damage orb disappears after 2 bounces also disappears if she dies. Also her kit is to forgiven being able to fade out of grav is strong. Is put that fade from 6 to 8 seconds or 9 to force the miora to use it wiseless.
Mai revers that multifreaz and she be ok.

Soldier can reload while sprinting
Sym can break her tele while dead
Mei reload while in cyro freeze
Reduce delay when throw dynamite as Ashe
Torb’s primary is now the same speed and falling arc as Hanzo’s arrow

The ability to change dangerous detect with your hp bar (the red border around the screen when you are low hp)
maybe more?

Moira
increase dmg from 50 to 60
increase self-healing from 20 to 30
decrease beam width by 20%

Hanzo
decrease firing speed recovery from 0.5s to 0.4s
decrease charge time from 0.75s to 0.6s
increase projectile speed from 30-100 to 35-110
decrease dmg from 27.2-125 to 25-95
decrease movement speed penalty from 30% to 20%
decrease storm arrow firing speed from 0.3s to 0.4s
increase storm arrow movement speed penalty from 0% to 10%
increase lunge cd from 5s to 6s

Sombra
reduce hack casting time from 0.65s to 0.55s

Brigitte
increase self shield from 200 to 250

Doomfist
increase weapon spread by 20%
decrease seismic slam max dmg from 125 to 100
decrease seismic slam area of effect from 8m to 7m

Reaper
reduce lifesteal from 40% to 30%
decrease shadow step casting time from 1.5s to 1s
remove shadow step invulnerability

Ashe
decrease movement penalty while ads from 25% to 20%
decrease reload initial animation from 0.5s to 0.4s

Torbjörn
decrease shotgun ammo use from 3 to 2

Symetra
increase sentry turret health from 30 to 40
decrease teleporter cd from 12s to 10s
decrease teleporter shields from 250 to 200

All changes assuming current ptr goes live.
Also make ptr an arcade mode for 1 week, after that patches go live global.

I would have Hammonds shield act as a CC shield but only give half the extra health :+1:t4:

More aggressive and more frequent balance changes.

Globally reduce healing and damage values to varying degrees, with a similar but more sparing approach to cooldowns, especially on heroes released post-2016.

Also release smaller balance changes every fortnight or so, with them skipping the PTR and going straight to live if its just changing values like cooldown lengths, damage etc…

OVERWATCH 2 CANCELED

1 Like

I really like this concept

I would put role queue in a trash compactor and incinerate it after I was done.

1 Like

why dont you ask xqc, oh wait he isnt a developer.

for Symmetry

• turret removed
  • E is now a castable photon shield for herself and gives her 50 dark blue shield like doomfist, whenever symmetry deals damage the shield adds up to 150 max.
  • teleporter revert back to pre-infinite
  • orbs charge can be held untill you fire and have 30 mps speed
  • beam range now increased to 20m at lvl 1 and 2 and 12 meters at lvl 3

Ashe

• BoB now prioritize enemy hero instead of mines,turrets etc and will attack whoever ashe is attacking.
  • Ashe Dynamite DOT is faster
  • fix hit reg bug with her scope

Fareeha

• rocket now fires at 50 mps and have 80 dps
  • her flight fuel is now double and regen faster
  • her strafe movement in the air is faster
  • conc blast reset upon kill
  • pharah can now strafe and move during barrage but with 50% slow

Widowmaker

• widows charge her headshot for 3 second
  • two venom mines
  • revert the infrasight cancelling upon death