Delete rez from the game

I’m a mercy main and I despise rez. It’s unfun to play with and against. While yes, rez on a cooldown is very powerful, it just doesn’t feel right. I feel tied down and it ruins the flow. I feel like a standing duck and you constantly have you be watching rez cooldown. It’s unfun for the enemy as well since this is a pick based game. A few months ago and I would say they should make rez an ult again with significant tweaks and nerfs. But that won’t ever happen. I just want them to literally just wipe it from her kit. Give her a defensive ult as well cause valk is actually trash and it would need to be removed to compensate for rez being taken away. I just want something cause mercy is just bad

32 Likes

Sorry to break it to you…

The devs have already proven that they are dead serious about keeping Rez in the game and in Mercy’s kit… maybe because it’s character defining or just iconic to the game or whatever.
With that said… it has already been proven that it just doesn’t work as a Basic Ability. Either it’s to powerful because it still is one of the most powerful abilities in the game or it’s so watered down that it’s not really worth using at all. That’s not really good design and far from the “Balance” everybody talks about. That’s why it should be put back into the Ultimate slot if it stays in the game. Treating it as an Ultimate means it can also be tweaked like one (like adjusting the charge time on the abilitiy of the Mercy instead of having it on a static cooldown)

16 Likes

I would also just like Rez removed, best case Valkyrie with it as well. Give Mercy a new E, that doesn’t take up all of her power budget and a new Ultimate. There have been several good suggestions that don’t include mass rez that could work if the numbers of them are tweaked properly and that make sense for the character.

I wish they would listen to high level players of the character more. EeveeA had such great suggestions to balance the current kit of Mercy as well.

1 Like

Why do people want every support ultimate to be Trans/Sound barrier?
Valk has a similar style to Coalescence; it charges fast and has less of an impact. We need our offensive supports ults too!

2 Likes

I don’t want an exact copy of trans or barrier, it’s just that we don’t have a main healer with a defensive ult. The difference is that coalescence fits Moira. It does massive amounts of damage and healing at the same time. It’s good for a pick and can save a team from a lot of ults. Mercy isn’t a violent person, so why does she have an offensive ult? Rez used to be defensive. Mercy currently only has rez, a boring ability that’s not fun to use or play against. She needs something new compared to the other main healers

I feel as though we should tread carefully when it comes to defensive ultimates; they are extremely powerful. Why do you think Lucio + Zen is such a strong combo? They basically always have either ultimate when the enemy DPS have theirs.

Too many ultimates as powerful as Trans/Sound Barrier sounds like a great way to break the game.

1 Like

Ikr. It’s super dumb. I like rez as an idea but people will always complain about it being op. There is a bunch of things that could be tried

3 Likes

Call for bubble or matrix when rezzing that’s mercy 101.

Team game takes teamplay.

1 Like

But they both have counters. Ana nade and emp. And lucio zen isn’t very good due to the low healing. There are a lot of abilities such as increasing her team’s defense

Thank you.

Res does not belong in this game.

Yeah I do that , but it’s still super bad. It stops her flow. The only time I find rez to be fun is flanking behind for a sneaky rez. But other then that, it’s standing behind a rein shield literally being unable to move. It’s never fun to play against

1 Like

Those counters only exist if the enemy has those specific heroes. I guess that is the reason why Zen isn’t played much right now.

Zen + Lucio works in dive because the fights usually end as quickly as possible. It 100% won’t work in any other team comp though.

Or corner rezzing. Tell your teamates to die in corners lol.

I would like a 50% faster rez in val tho…

1 Like

How is rez unfun to play with. With highnoon i can delete an entire time and you don’t see me crying as a McCree main

Again. That’s not fun

honestly, at this point, why not.

It’s about the small plays. Like killing an enemy zen as widow. A low skill ability rewinds a high skill play. That’s low effort and high reward. If we had old Rez, you would complain

And I’m talking about doing it as mercy. It’s really garbage

I’m gonna go get a drink man.

1 Like

you’re not my mom

i’ll die exactly where i want to die ok

2 Likes

Correction: Overwatch is not for you.

1 Like