Delete rez from the game

Ah.
The old “Low skill” fake argument.

2 Likes

wait what?

I do not see your point, sorry.

1 Like

You said “Rez does not belong in this game”.
You knew Rez was in the game when you started playing it.
This means you chose to go into a game that had elements you didn’t like. Why stay?

1 Like

Oh, i see now.

Well I have always been a firm believer that resurrection was a very interesting mechanic and was very much not needed within the game to both improve game experience.

It isn’t a nail in the coffin for the game, as I always have seen it as an annoyance rather than a deterrence (excluding where the new mercy became a must pick due to her valk ability being so strong).

But the game as a whole entertained me due to one character: Roadhog.

Roadhog originally fit everything i wanted in a character, and it was disspointing when he was nerfed into the ground, but i still stayed and played because the game grew on me.

I eventually grew to like multiple other characters, but i didn’t let the annoying abilities get to me too much because I still enjoyed the game as a whole.

I’ll delete you from the game! Reeeeeee!

But seriously, if eliminating Rez is what it takes for Mercy to be reworked into something fun and balanced, and we can finally put the whole Mercy problem to bed, then I’m all for it

1 Like

Just because the once said that they like mercy doesn’t mean the community likes her. People want buffs and a rework. Most threads are about this

Sure if Rez is removed for balance, then DPS and other character 1-2 second death combo should also be removed to be fair. Balance isn’t mutually exclusive. Let’s not forgot other OP skills like, wall hacks, auto aim, arrow spam that can out damage a turret, and blast that can clear a warehouse. Strong tanks, heals or resurrection is really only thing balancing the game from just being a mindless slaughter fest.

It’s Blizzard fault for making it clunky and unfun. If they took any character primary skill and delay the ability for over two seconds, whiling being a sitting duck. A lot of those mains would question that change or wanting to quit using that ability all together. That nerf is meant to discourage users from using it.

Or they can revert some of the harsh changes that made Mercy fun. Make a new character with desired changes and reasonable counters?

It’s an fps. Not a healing simulator. My point is that rez requires no skill to get (it will always be on a 30 sec cooldown) and is just unfun to play against. What’s the counter to a mercy rezing behind a rein shield?

A mercy revert to healing could work, but it won’t fix the issues of rez and valk tying her down. Rez is too strong for the rest of her kit. If she has rez, the rest of her kit is gonna be bad to compensate.

Instead of removing rez, just remove people who make threads like this. That way multiple problems are solved with ONE solution.

2 Likes

There are plenty of FPS that have heals and resurrections, like Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Many other Fantasy FPS. In teambase fps, there’s almost always a medic with resurrection or heals to balance. Luck for you, there is pure deathmatch with no team resurrection or heals.

You notice that too? Blizzard Dev intentionally sabotage her previous viable smooth kit making majority of player miserable by making it clunky. So it would play in their hands so players would beg to remove resurrection bit by bit. Player notice it and called it out, and demand full revert to full mass resurrection in response.

I personally like the two quick resurrection on valk, I understand where some of the mass resurrection fans are coming from. Some players like yourself are so frustrated by mismanagement of Mercy, you are willing to gamble on a rework or remove resurrection all together.

1 Like

I spent an hour with my friend talking about how to replace Mercy’s rez and we came to the conclusion that they would have to replace her whole kit to make it viable.

So making huge plays isnt fun… ok then.

To me the fun in mercy was the tiny hitbox and insane mobility. If you dont enjoy jumping around and coming up with crazy maneuvers to avoid ulting genjis and the like I really cannot help you.

1. I’m talking about like pick based games. Like r6, where dying means a lot
  2. No. They didn’t intentionally make mercy bad. Actually blizzard wants to keep rez and is against taking it away. Rez will always be too powerful in this game. There is no counter to it besides killing the mercy, which is hard to do. Please don’t twist my words into acting as if I don’t like it because it was nerfed. It simply isn’t fun to use, regardless or not if it’s an insta cast or not. It holds mercy down

since when killing a Zen with Widow requires high skill?

Yeah I would rather that Mercy´s rez is removed if she gets more baseheal
I mean rather than standing still for 2 sec, you could just go heal another ally

No. Rez is a fundamental tactic in the game.

1 Like

Okay…it seems you moved the goal post. Mass Effect, Call of Duty, the other games are valid FPS with resurrections mechanic which are common practice. Maybe Team based Overwatch isn’t for you, that’s okay too.

Kept in mind people find auto aim or wall hacks, stuns/cc, 1 shot combos, or massive team wipes from ULT are just as frustrating or worse than resurrection. Doesn’t that cheapen the meaning of amount of deaths and kills earned as well? We can have those crazy damage abilities because of resurrection and strong heals to counter balance.

I’m getting mix messages and contradictions from you. You earlier complain how clunky resurrection was after the series of nerfs that ruin her “flow” literally unable to move. That perfectly describes two second delay nerf that also frustrated a lot of player and force them to hide behind a shield. Where’s quick instant resurrection Mercy didn’t disrupt her flow, because it was literally instant. Here are your own words below if you happen to forget…no trolling please.

If you don’t want to a hero that has resurrection in their kit. Then swap to a different support healer? Or play ffa deathmatch…or make custom game mode and remove Mercy from the roster? Mercy is an angel who has Valk ability which means " In Norse mythology, “chooser of the slain”) is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live." -wiki

If you personally don’t like a character who’s job is to resurrect players. Why do you keep playing them O_o. That’s kind of your fault. Mercy saving people and resurrecting is also part of her lore and plotline in the game. So it’s kind too late to remove that skill from the game without screwing over the fanbase or confusing them.

How many bad kit resets will players reasonably tolerate? Games been out for over two years? Keep rubbing loyal fans the wrong way, people will jump ship to other games or dodge bad PR stunts like Diablo Mobile game Immortal…“Is Diablo Immortal is a late April Fools joke?” You can google search that.

It was Blizzard choice to remove mass resurrection, water down to two quick resurrection, to free sitting duck mode slow resurrection with low heals at 50 hp…which in fact currently tanked her win/pick rate. How is this not bad, or not intentional? You previously suggested Mercy unable to move for resurrection was bad and frustrating. Now you say you that Mercy resurrection whether it is instant is not, is now not your preference. I hope you make up your mind now…

There are plenty of counters or setups.

Even with mass resurrection Mercy. Enemy team could just drop another DPS ult to do another wipe.

Two quick resurrection Mercy, just camp the bodies. Junkrat mine/trap or Hanzo Scatter arrow, Bastion sentry mode, or Widowmaker zoom in.

Slow resurrection Mercy, is a joke. If Mercy turns around too fast or a enemy sneezing on her, the resurrection is canceled.

Even if the devs definitively thought rez was unhealthy with the game, considering how “emotional” – Papa Jeff’s words not mine – Mercy mains and the Mercy community is about her, they couldn’t take away res without every Mercy main making a Youtube video about how they’re uninstalling the game. At this point they made a mistake allowing res to be in the game, it became very popular with Mercy mains, it was a gamebreaking mechanic so they had to nerf it significantly, but Mercy mains are STILL upset about it even though the devs kept rez in the game in some form – despite pros, game analysts, and the dev team themself finding it “unfun” and “unhealthy” for the game. That’s how, um, how should I say this, vociferous and aggressive the Mercy community is.

Even though all I stated was facts (exactly what Papa Jeff and the devs have said), I’m not going to be surprised at all when in 10 minutes I get 2-3 angry mercy mains passive aggressively making generic comments about how they don’t find her ULT impactful anymore/mass rez should be back in the game because of feelings.

tbh rez shouldn’t have been in this game, when TTK can be pretty long compared to other shooters.

I suggested this while ago and got downvoted hard, problem is rez is so ingrained into Mercy now, its impossible to take away.

I understand why they don’t want to though, its a very defining ability, one not seen in other FPS that really sets the RPG aspect of the game.