Deflect buff is TERRIBLE

Also it has server priority meaning even if you shot first if it is within opposing players “favour the shooter window” GG WP its gonna get reflected. All the genji changes are honestly terrible. He does not need t one shot anything he dives. Its stupid design. Make every dps one shot everything than. We already got doom and he is the pinicale of bad design. We do not need every dps hero going in that direction, rather healing just needs nerfs, big ones, once and for all to trickle damage actually has a purpose again and put pressure and kill things. And honestly it is quite enough already when Nano blade can not even be outhealed by trance, now he can just instant gibb any 200 hp with minimal effort at will. Non of these changes can be allowed to go through, genji is more than fine and its nothing wrong with him, other heroes are the issue. Especially healing.

Due to latency & favor the shooter not applying to Deflect, it essentially does have a cast time. It’s very noticeable if you play him, and my ping isn’t even that high (~40ms).

ok im gonna tell you nice story without any exaggeration but people will think it is one but im gonna tell it anyways.

i have 2 accounts and my hours on genji is 10 hrs if we combine it for both the accounts

tried experimental.exe
facing against a 6 stack
try genji
in lijang towers
didnt even need a blade to wipe them out solo handedly with no pockets
that happend. but twice in a match. and thier rank was equal to mine once i checked their profiles whoever had the open ones

lets buff genji guys

1 Like

I think 2 seconds is too long to not provide a cancel. The thing is, there is ALREADY a cancel: wall climb. Except for wall climb, it puts a soft “animation” cancel that stops Genji from using other abilities, as well as requires planning and positioning to pull it off effectively.

While they were touching Genji, I really wish they would have given his wall climb/double jump interaction the same code as Hanzo’s. Stop having to hold jump constantly to save double jump from getting eaten by wall climbing.

they should literally nerf the healing across the board. like, why can someone be actually immortal just because an ana is constantly shooting them.

this game would be much more fun if the healing was able to “make people stay in fight for longer by making small retreats and getting healed then going back to fight” but currently its more like which team has the most healing to out heal the enemy healers.

no wonder snipers and doom feel oppressive, its because they are the only ones who can be useful in all of this heal powercreep

Former Genji main here and I agree the deflect buff is completely unnecessary. The duration was completely fine the issue is the hit box of it is incredibly buggy so the ability just doesn’t work in some scenarios where it should. I like the shuriken buffs but I think they should compensate for it by giving him a slight (and I mean slight) ult charge reduction.

I agree, what they did with duration and cancelling wasn’t what was needed. The duration was perfectly fine the issue with deflect was how touchy the hit box could be and how the ability just wouldn’t work sometimes.

Idd that is how it is. And if brining everyone to doom lvl as they are showcasing with these changes were genji can dive and instant gibb you at minimal risk as well with the reflect changes that just puts him in complete control of every encounter. Dunno what to say. Boring. Especially boring for every hero that has to wait for their “own buffs” in the same direction. Also gonna be kinda ridiculous but who is to say torb should not be allowed to deal 200 damage per hit in molten core form or whatever. If everything is supposed to be low skill zero effort a la doomfist this game actually gonna die even faster.

Some will say but doom is super fun, yea for you as a player ofc he is, cause there is no way you can lose unless you get stunned and than you will whine about CC, or complain about widow like Chipsa does cause he aimed shot and hit. “but let me just press ma 2 buttons to kill you and there is nothing you can do about it combo” that is completely fin, do not even get started on roleouts… But yea, if they want the game to be all about CD management and not about actual mechanical skill centred around aiming. Than lets go, lets make unmissable abilities a la doomfist that just more or less always give you a kill unless interrupted by teammates. Gonna be super fun. No matter what hero you play you will 100% rely on your teammates to bail you out if you ever get caught in anything, cause this game is not centred around having good teammates enough yet.

1 Like

If he is going to have deflect last 2 seconds he should be able to cancel it wothout wallclimb or dash, if he only got the duration it would be a nerf in a lot of cases

this game is actually really dead at this point because blizzard wants to spoon feed people and make them feel like they are actually useful by making no skill cancer heroes get more value than heroes that actually need a little bit of brain cell.

this game feels like literal cancer with the heroes that have so much one shot abilities and health to get away with it without any punishment

Can not but agree. Everyone is so afraid of distinguishing good from bad now days. Game is made not to offend someone like they would not be okey with being bad at something and than seeing themselves improve. Coz now days someone being more advance at something than yourselves, deservingly so coz they have more talent or work harder is the end of the world.

I heard overwatch 2 is bassicly the same game with just pve modes. and overwatch players can play with overwatch 2 players.

Im pretty sure no one’s gonna play the PVP mode if they keep this dogsh*t balance up like:

• why does hog 1 shot a full hp hero even without hook while being a tank and having self heal and having the 2nd most health in game on itself ignoring the damage reduction you get while using TaB
  • why does zen 2 shot while being a support hero
  • why does doomfist have so much CC and one shot and have insane mobility
  • why does brig solo handedly counter the DIVE comp
  • why did blizzard not actually fix the main problem of goats - the obnoxious healing and instead just role locked us
  • why does hanzo have unlimited no cooldown on mobility, has less charge time to 1 shot head shot someone, has wallhacks on cooldown, has insane dps at every range with his E and also has an insane damaging ultimate, has more damage on body shot as well. compared to widow who has her only movement ability on a 12 second cooldown, her only close range defense which does like no damage, ultimate which doesnt even last that long and now goes away if you die. has to charge for even longer to even 1 shot headshot a 200 hp target and bassicly useless in every range than long range while being squishy.

the balance in this game is beyond questionable.

Not really though. His deflect was always able to be cancelled without any delay by dashing. Somehow, you’ve convinced yourself that this somehow is giving Genji god mode. After playing around in experimental, it is not this way. He is still very much counter playable.

By 0.5 seconds. Also, it barely feels any longer when actually playing.

“Vastly” no. It’s not even “more powerful”, Genji can currently on live, deflect cancel with dash and then secondary for a kill combo. Removing the forced wall climb for cancelling doesn’t make it any more powerful.

Not really though. All a change like this does is lower the skill ceiling (and very minutely) and bring an aspect of play that only very highly skilled players used to the entire populace. The deflect change doesn’t make his shurikens do any more damage (that is to say there is no buff for reflecting damage, nor does he do more damage after deflecting), nor does it make them easier to aim, or reduce their travel time.

It’s not a deflection, it’s factual information. When you try to use his overall win rate as a platform to make an argument, you open the door on the reflection of that. The lowest win rate hero in Masters is 44%, only 9% less than Genji, and yet with less play. Yet Ashe has a higher play, and win rate.

This is a deflection. It’s not perception bias. A single boop, stun, or CC of any kind can and does eliminate the Genji ult. You deflected the Flashbang? Cool, Brig just stunned you, and now you’re lucky if you get 1 kill out of a NanoBlade. Slept, hooked by Hog, hacked… the list goes on. Genji has the highest counter play hero list, of the entire roster.

You’re arguing semantics now. I say it’s just as easy for Soldier or Reaper, and you say it’s easy to shut them down. Of course it is. It’s easy to shut down most ultimates. I’d ask why you’d ever Visor into an easy Mei wall, but I feel like I already know the answer to that. Visor also provides a bit of range which Genji does not get, he can’t poke the Sombra hacking him while pulling the blade, and hacking Visor has no “real” effect on Soldier aside from his sprint and field. “Easy” is subjective.

Yet less likely due to the number of counters, right? If a Genji doesn’t secure a kill within the first second of Blade, his mobility drops. In fact, his mobility is completely reliant on securing kills. Again, a stun, boop, or CC of any kind hampers his value.

I think you’re confused. I’ll address this the same as the previous paragraph; his mobility is completely reliant on securing kills. The “chase” you refer to is either tactical (a specific target that is your win condition), or foolish tilting. You get 6 seconds of Blade, if you spend 3 of it chasing down a Lucio, you’ve already lost value. My comparison to Pharah was a mobility comparison; she does much much much more damage, but is completely immobile, and has no chance of dodging CCs, stuns or attacks, while ulting. Genji has a chance to avoid these things, but it’s not that much higher.

It is though. The points you’ve made are the thought processes of Gold-Plat. Which is fine, I’m not rank shaming, but when you make these points it sounds an awful lot like the complaints of Bronze-Silver players, which have all no doubt experienced a Genji smurf.

Except at higher ranks, it’s much easier to get 5-6 enemies grouped for Grav, the counter play of Dva/Sigma, properly placed barriers/walls, and other counter plays are much more common as well. The same can be said of any ultimate. So if you make the comparison at the highest of levels, no ultimate is easy, save for Ashe’s Bob (you can still get stall value out of Bob even if he doesn’t actually secure any kills).

That’s sort of the point though isn’t it? It can happen at any time. Opening a fight with Blade is just a bad idea, but if your whole goal is to bait the Trans to subsequently win the fight, I suppose you could get that value, but you can’t really secure a kill that way. So it’s an odd point to make that a single kill wins team fights, which we both know (we all know) is not always the case.

Then ask devs for Zen buff not Genji nerf. He got any change after like what? 3 or 4 years? They will change Zen too

I…haven’t asked for a Genji nerf? Although I do believe they’re lowering his skill floor too much with the deflect changes.

wait, what happened?
someone clue me in.

change does nothing homie. Anyone who played genji cancels/dashes. played like 20 games so far with buffs. Only thing that i noticed even remotely helpful/better. Is the deflect cancel when ulting. Which makes sense. If i ult why do i have a choice of either getting hard CCd or deflecting and wasting half my ultimate.

If you think canceling deflect is gonna have some HUGE change with his entire kit/playstyle/winrate/game influence. You are pretty clueless. Everything that made genji bad is still in the game. All the CC/immortality field/turrets/bubbles/boops whatever. Do you think canceling a deflect is gonna suddenly gonna render all those things in effective? How many times has genji deflected and if he was able to cancel it, hed just kill you?. What you THINK is gonna happen. Already does. We deflect. dash in 180 rmb/melee combo. We arent gonna cancel it now. Absolutely negligible difference

im pretty sure blizzard wants to make this a casual game at this point. they lowered skill floor for pretty much most of the characters. quit this game after the sombra rework. came back like 2 weeks ago, even worse now

1 Like

Genji can already cancel his deflect with a dash to make the Zen loose his timing, with or without this buff to deflect It has no way to win against a good Genji player. Zenyatta should get some kind of buffs to make him more viable regardless of the Genji changes