Dear DPS mains, give me your best shot

Legit the most fun thing in OW2 right now, is run Ram, Mei, Sym (now that Sojourn isn’t a thing) and slow stack the enemy.

They can’t turn to shoot you :slight_smile:

-50% from Mei, -40% from Ram, and -15% from Sym is brutal combined.

I am shocked people are not playing it, and more shocked the forums are not full of people crying about it.

In all fairness, we didn’t have enough tank players because of issues with CC and that tanks needed changes to keep that role thriving. They were in a weird spot, but we didn’t lose the Winstons in OWL. Infact, I had to pick one or the other, I’d rather have a slight less amount of tank players than this support exodus.

1 Like

I think the support exodus is fixable. I just think it isn’t easy to do.

You can have differing levels of mechanical skill across different heroes.

I know players who are phenomenal at Widowmaker/Tracer/Ashe, but can’t play Sojourn to save their life. A player being better at one thing doesn’t mean it’s necessarily easier than something they’re worse at, though it’s still possible.

When they announced the move to 5v5, they stated the reason they removed a Tank was because the game was too chaotic and that tanks were ‘problematic’.

It makes perfect sense when you look at how impossible it was becoming to design/balance Tanks to be competitive with one another instead of pairing them together, with Roadhog+Zarya in 2020 and the entire Sigma+Orisa double shield saga being prime examples.

Tank queues are on average much longer than DPS queues. Long queues is the biggest complaint of high rated Tank players right now.

In all… more fairness? Tanks were never “thriving”, and were the least populated role by far from day one. Which is part of why role queue was eventually added to begin with.

I think it’s easy to do.

It’s just difficult to get the devs to do it.

I agree there was maybe too much but they went overkill with the total removal. People asked to reduce barriers and cc. The keyword being reduce, not remove.

Now I don’t even understand whats the point in removing CC if you already took out the barriers, its like if I order an ice cream with chocolate and vanilla flavor, but ask them to take out a bit of vanilla in exchange of more chocolate. And the guy removed all the vanilla and give me a full chocolate ice cream instead but he also destroyed the cup holding it in the process and now my icecream is overflowing in my hands and I cry.

1 Like

Sure, I’m a right click witch on Mei, but that was mostly because sleep dart and Mei’s icicles are similar.

The point being is, move DPS and you are no longer fighting flankers off all the time, because they won’t target you. You are too dangerous to go after, so they don’t.

That tells you a thing about the danger level of DPS vs Support.

You can keep saying that Support has a 50/50 matchup vs DPS in those fights, and you will be saying it to an audience of one, since everyone else is just going to dismiss you.

They were built to have a better outcome than that, BECAUSE you had to danger of getting to the support built into the game.

But that is gone now.

1 Like

Anything is fixable, my point was to say we would need far less glue with an alternative.
This support issue is so big we’ll have to fix the broken piece from scratch.

easy to hit ability like Doom punch on a tank!!

ATTENTION EVERYONE, REAPER IS FLANKING ON YOUR LEFT SIDE AS YOU CAN HEAR BY HIS FOOTSTEPS THEY ARE VERY LOUD, REAPER DOES NOT USE TELEPORT HE ONLY WALKS, HE DOESN’T WHISPER AT ALL

I agree

not a problem, would be pain to remove damage from everyone just because supports get flanked though…

again, u use this wording as if they’re changing the actual system but they’re just letting you play a mediocre tank…

supports already do that, in combat

this will buff only flankers behind wall close to support

cool, I can’t rely on my team, but can’t make plays either, fun to climb the support role

Tracer can wallride?

1 tank 4 supp sounds good, but might aswell make OW into Valorant clone…

yep

which is the point of this post, because DPS mains will give you either “eh the supps are fine” or [insert something that would make more problems/break the game without them even realising it]

Now this I 110% understand.

1 Like

Yep.

I think a good deal of it would be change the DPS so that flanking isn’t the goto option.

It isn’t like we haven’t been here before. Dive was this exact thing, except now it is the entire ladder in on it.

The fix last time was OG Brig, and everyone was like “Why didn’t we fix the DPS rather than do this?”

But the moment it comes up again, the SAME arguments show up.

All of the same stupid stuff from first time around, like we didn’t learn.

1 Like

I mean, most of the CC is still in the game. Mei can still slow (but not freeze outside of Blizzard). Symmetra can still slow. Rein can still pin and knockdown. Hog can still hook. Ana can still sleep. Orisa lost halt in her rework but now she has two CC abilities. Junkrat still has trap. Ball still steals your air control. etc.

The only CCs that got removed IIRC were flashbang, shield bash, and freeze. Now those were the most prominent, but that looks a lot more like reduce rather than remove.

They already do depending on the dps vs support there are counters.

Zen can 1v1 most dps.

Lucio can against snipers and most hitscans.

Moira brig against dives

Ana bap against fliers and most mid range heroes.

Mercy is the only exception.

All supports already 1v1 dps.

Think of it less than removing damage and more like DPS/Tank/Support has to try a little harder to get kills. Which isn’t so bad.

They took away all hard cc, we need hard cc to peel otherwise it gives enought react time to kill anyone.

It’s pretty straightforward.

• Step 1. Buff Supports in desirable ways, usually “selfish” ways.
    • Which also includes “Indirect buffs” like Dive hero nerfs.
  • Step 2. Do something to give Supports more downtime away from healbotting.
  • Step 3. Use some balance changes to make Compositions die slower or faster depending on what’s needed.
  • Step 4. Let the people who have a problem with that, adjust or quit.
1 Like

If the ‘support exodus’ is a real thing then why do the queue estimates look like this?

https://i.imgur.com/wEScR9E.png

If Supports are high ranks are already capable of fighting DPS, what do you think happens if you buff those Supports and make their heroes even better at fighting DPS?

You can perhaps use your big brains and deduce that they have a Reaper and he is going to flank you so you keep an eye on the flanks. But that may be too much to expect from you.

1 Like

If you want supports to survive more, they need to be less overall impactful for survival. Paladins gives everyone a chance to heal on their own. People don’t have issues there.

Ya’ll realize that supports are a walking target. In most matches, often the team that kills the supports wins the fights, which they will hard target to do if needed, and the other argues about who couldnt just shoot the mercy etc etc. The only way to stop people from dead focusing the support like nothing else is to make it so they aren’t the thing that absolutely needs killing first.