Dear DPS mains, give me your best shot

I don’t entirely think that’s the reason. In old games I was able to atleast lay down suppressing fire. Now it seems like line of sight from most angles is potentially an instant death. I just to walk in the same space as my time and be the most likely to die unless I’m playing Lucio/Mercy.

Let’s see what an entire month of content creators screaming bloody murder about Matchmaker Quality does before the Mid-January patch.

1 Like

They’ve been reasonably reading the posts here I’d suppose since the last patches have addressed complaints made here. The problems people have is that these same issues are addressed in detail and the balance team does something wacky to fix it when suggestions made were far less crazy.

My bet.

The cycle will begin. Again.

Sweeping support buffs. Everyone is happy for a couple of months.

Players realise supports have been overbuffed and start to get fed up of nothing dying.

Supports receive sweeping nerfs. Except Ana.

Ana remains the most picked support in the game for another 3yrs.

Sorry, I am cynical

This is a gamebreaking change. A 10% movement speed boost to DPS heroes in the first beta made them too hard to pin down or even hit shots on when they strafed, even the low mobility ones.

An 18% passive movement speed increase for any character, let alone the entire Support role is ludicrous.

75 is enough. It was fine at 70 and you should be happy with the 75dmg charity change Blizzard threw into the last patch.

He already has higher burst & sustain DPS than a number of actual DPS heroes, ontop of his unreal sustain. I cannot believe someone is suggesting more damage for him.

Lucio had the highest usage rate of all heroes in OWL.

Before Kiriko was added to ranked the Support meta was extremely diverse with Ana, Baptiste, Zenyatta and Lucio all being high tier picks. The only reason the role lacks diversity now is because Kiriko is too strong, not because the other supports are too weak.

Support does not need buffs right now. There’s a reason no professional Support players are complaining that the role is unimpactful or weak.

Which is especially ironic for me…

🕊 Maybe just give Mercy 60hps

1 Like

I think brig getting some range and speed, mercy getitng a way to multiheal normally, zen getitng some survivability are on the right track. Moira getting, idk, a button saying she isnt a dps, maybe have her orb do both so ppl dont need to choose between them

From what i have seen now, lucio kiriko and ana are up up up atm

The devs can easily afford to have every single player quit who doesn’t want them to take the steps needed to fix Matchmaker issues.

1 Like

It’s not just about a single player quitting though.

Buffing Support would absolutely decimate the balance of the game at high ranks where Support is already a strong enough role.

Again, prior to Kiriko’s release, Support was a more diverse role than even tank, with less heroes available. That says alot about the strength of the heroes in said role.

Zenyatta, Baptiste, Ana, Lucio and Brigitte were all viable picks. It’s crazy to me that Support players defend Kiriko so vehemently when she’s so centralizing that you cannot justify picking any other Support over her in 90% of situations.

Well regardless, i don’t have much hope for changes in the right direction. I hope the pve comes soon becuase then we can all have fun since the ai can’t make forum posts asking for nerfs.

I wish you supports the best, imma go back to petting my cat and playing dmc5

Right, I’m saying they could easily have 2-5% of the playerbase quit forever, if that’s what it takes to fix Matchmaker issues.

Which is at least a few hundred thousand players.

Would barely matter at all compared to not fixing Matchmaker issues.

How are you gonna ask for people’s opinions and then have an attitude with everyone and disagree outright?

You can’t though.

A game being bad for the top 1% is more problematic than the game being bad for the most populated 45-55%

Good competitive games are balanced from the top down, you shouldn’t look to solve Support being unpopular by making it the strongest role in the game.

You perceiving Support to be a weak role is because of your own lack of skill.

Like you said yourself, either adapt or quit.

1 Like

He has been doing this the whole time bro, best to leave it be. Im somewhat conviced the OP is a troll tbh

1 Like

buff utility and damage, less heals for all supps. makes them hold their own

Except the game right now even for the top 500 themselves are arguably struggling to stick around or playing to survive more than other roles just in order to stay at rank. Atleast the support mains in the competitive scene who are still around.
Their numbers are also shrinking.

1 Like

Yes, but that’s because the game as a whole is in a bad place.

Nothing to do with how strong Support as a role is.

Confusing. So are supports strong or is the game as a whole being in a bad place making them weak (Not the desired role wanting to be played) ?
What does that even mean?

Isn’t everyone leaving? I used to play this game for hours most days, i often skip it for several days now becuase other stuff exists with more love in it.

I also dropped comp becuase i can’t handle that much sodium anymore.

Everyone is in a bad place becuase of the identity crisis its in. Some dps are too strong. Some too weak, supports feel unloved and tanks are too strong but are now fighting way harder for the 1 spot they get on each team.
Supports are in a bad place but that’s a lot because they are hounded on by their team and hunted by the enemy. Some of them are fun, i think

1 Like