Dear Devs, do you think Symmetra is in the right spot?

Because there’s 176 people who agree with me that she needs tweaks.

I’m not calling for a revert to 2.0. Just number buffs and to fix her tick rate.

Will there be upcoming tweaks in a future PTR?

2 Likes

176 people is not nearly enough to represent the problems. wast majority don’t even visit forums, 99% dont.

3 Likes

Her only problem is her primary fire. The rest is actually pretty good, as long as the Symmetra and her team communicate.

The biggest issue I have with Symmetra isn’t her power, it’s that her ability (short-range teleport, great to send part of the team to an unexpected place and bypass a choke/kill a widow) and her ult (create a barrier, great to stop some ults like McCree’s or Reaper’s), are Support skills, not DPS skills.

1 Like

I agree. Which is why she needs the tick rate fixed.

May want to edit your title, as it sorta goes against the forums rules:

Don’t use words like “Blizzard,” “Blue,” or any employee names in a thread topic.

1 Like

oh man 176 people out of 30 million players agree with you, better call the president.

1 Like

That’s my Trump card

1 Like

Her damage, including LMB is fine.

Her tp needs a few tweaks to help it be more useful in a team fight w/o requiring heavy amounts of communication. A waypoint indicator would be helpful, allowing it to permanently stay up would also help. Increasing the deploy speed would help but you’d run into the same issue they have with Reaper’s tele.

1 Like

While I agree with your statement, the forums are really the only place we can voice our selves to Blizzard. That 99 % of people are the people Blizzard needs to find a way to get an opinion from. The simple excuse of “it does not represent the entire community” makes the entire forums and irrelevant place where no ideas should be considered. Maybe if they gave in-game surveys to everyone who has, let’s say, 25+ hours on Symmetra they could get some real feedback. They won’t though, it makes to much sense and then they would actually have to fix her.

1 Like

What’s the issue with Reaper’s Shadowstep? He’a vulnerable while that’s happening. People using TP wouldn’t be as much.

On what planet is a short range beam that takes 4 seconds to achieve reasonable damage on a squishy with no defenses fine? What other dps has their weapon gated in this way? Who else has to earn their damage potential? It’s unacceptable, full stop.

They stated somewhere that it didn’t feel good when Reaper instantly tp’d into the middle of the enemy team and ulted. ]

Might be in here somewhere

1 Like

a planet where that kit has a 120 damage alternate fire

1 Like

it takes a second to charge that up. Symmetra is all about the wind up. There are plenty of heroes that do 120dps without a delay.

3 Likes

Wowee, she has slower inferior pharah rockets on alt fire that are easy to dodge, clearly its okay she has a garbage primary!

3 Likes

It would be nice if they released a roadmap where they had a list of characters that they thought were in a good spot as opposed to characters that they are “looking at.” I guess they would never do that because if they had a character on the “wrong” list tons of people would freak out. But I personally just wish I had an idea of what they were thinking, to be honest.

1 Like

they also have much higher aim requirements, and don’t have 3 turrets they can fire that auto track, or automatic regenerating health.

1 Like

you joking, right?

3 Likes

Wow, those incredibly powerful turrets that are oneshottable, have 10m range, destructible in mid air and take time to activate and on a 10s cooldown each? She doesn’t even need a weapon with such an OP ability!

3 Likes

nope not at all. nobody has a projectile the size of syms alt nor can they just swipe back and forward on a target and still get optimal damage.