Mercy is a classical case of Sunk Cost Fallacy

How is that different from any other ult?

It will be fun when you make a great play and you will curse yourself if you mess it up

No different from a reaper getting a 4 person kill or being stunned or hooked so it stops, or a genji dragonblade getting slept, or a graviton being eaten by a DVA

ults have the potential to be amazing,just okay or utter cr*p . The upside to mercy was that she COULD swing a fight.

I dont believe Massrez was very OP it just felt as something you could not counter ,even though you could. But giving a bit more options to counter it while also giving her an E ability that she can use to make plays would be great.

There is almost no feeling of having a clutch save.And that feeling is missing from mercy now. Mercy is solid…just solid.
No heroic moments. Just…solid.

You could also screw up massrez,people forget that. You could time it wrong, jump too far and be out of range of 1 or 2 teammates,or you could die,before invincibility,or even after invincibility there are plenty of moments where the rez was countered by just the enemy playing smart with ult economy and killing everyone again .

Mass rez was not instant win. And that’s was what’s fun about it.

Mercy now is strong,too strong,but also has no awesome moments anymore,imo. Aside from battle mercies there is no flashy play you can do. You’re just there…solid.

I’d rather have mercy weak that can have heroic moments then a hero that doesnt really stand out but needs to be there.

The reason her ultimate felt so good to use was because it was a solid tide turner, if she used it then it almost always gave your team a solid chance of turning the fight - If you made it into a weaker ability then people who liked how it worked before would likely be just as unhappy.

At this point reverting mercy is significantly more change to Mercy than just tweaking her healing output, I think anyone who played Mercy in her old form should keep that as a special place in their heart and a snippet they can tell their friends when recalling how games have changed - If they went back then the necessary balance changes would not let her live upto the nostalgia.

yes it could turn tides but you could also mess it up. And there may be nostalgia but i’m pretty certain if they just had tweaked rez instead of reworking mercy a lot of seasons would have been much less frustrating (because of mercy)

7 Likes

I like that mass rez was removed. I think Valkyrie is fun.

I disagree with almost everything you posted, except Rez as an ability. I think it should be removed and replaced with something more fun. :woman_shrugging:

shared by many others and the devs. :blush:

i dislike private profiles

I often found people proclaiming valkyrie was so much fun,in the mercy megathread, and it usually turned out that people saying how much fun she was never played mercy.

4 Likes

Mercy isn’t meant to be the rez hero she’s meant to be the mobile main support, wouldn’t mind rez just being replaced with something else like another version of Orisa’s fortify

Just got to leave this here

1 Like

This rule is probably the most irrelevant of them all.

1 Like

I agree with every word here.
Blizzard just doesn’t care. Hear me out when I’m saying it but, I think, and surely they are just about the money right now.
But anyway, Your thread is 100% right. I hope Blizzard will read this (Lmao that was a joke) and you will bring the change.
#Don’tGiveUpOnMercy :angel:

The main issue with the reworked is that her faults are lessened. When Mercy had Mass Rez both forms of it she had clear weaknesses. She was heavily team dependent including her mobility, solo target focused and centered around supporting the team above all else with no independence. With the rework Valkyrie came to be and it reduced her weaknesses by giving her free flight, infinite ammo and aoe radius, so what she lacked the ult makes up for.

As for Rez that is a little more complex. Mass Rez could in fact Rez the team or undo a pick or two.Most of the time it ranged from 2 to 3 people coming back but it was an ult and it could be wasted or held onto. As for “E” Rez that is up every 30s and does have counter play but the only draw back is death most of the time.

Current Mercy is broken, she isn’t “op” but with her weaknesses being softened made her a better pick then the other supports. With the coming nerf to her healing I’m not sure it will actually lessen her impact.

But then again we see the buff to Ana and how that doesn’t fix any of her issues, but in the case of Lucio his buff helps with some of his.

Maybe Blizzard doesn’t really want main healers in the game anymore

1 Like

I agree 100% with everything in this post. Not only does blizzard need to fix their mistakes; but at this point, they need to apologize to everyone for what they have done. They ruined a character (which in turn ruined overwatch) and they still refuse to admit it; and it’s been almost a year now of blatantly ignoring the whole community. Yes, an apology is definitely in order. But we all know Blizzard is too arrogant for that.

1 Like

I dont have anything against valkyrie or the res as is. in fact mercy in general, if other supports were comparably strong at their thing. Problem is, they arent.
And the mechanic of mass res itself was terrible. Back in those days you could commit with 2 or maybe 3 ults to get a teamwipe (which was often REQUIRED on 2cp for example) and then mercy just swoops in and undid all of those resources. It was terrible and it would be terrible if it returned.

https://gfycat.com/SolidDentalAxolotl

I’m just going to leave this here. I agree new mercy is broken and blizzard has taking entirely to long to even attempt to balance her in one way or another, but in all fairness to blizzard, they did manage to fix the original problem.

Or you could… you know… swap Mercy’s E and Q.

You’d still have Valkyrie, only as an E ability. You’d even be able to use it more often!

1 Like

Yeah, I think the point of Valkyrie was to “break up” Mass Rez into several individual rezzes over time, but putting rez on E and making Valk so long/strong tipped her into OP territory.

The answer is obvious. Just make her a dps hybrid.

The main issue here, is that they’re pandering to the casual players and base their nerf’s/buff’s on QP/Arcade, instead of Comp. This is made more apparent when they made it so Junk couldn’t hurt himself, or giving Pharah infinite flight.

A lot of the buffs have come from casual complaints and therein lies the problem. Jeff isn’t focused on comp, he’s trying to make heroes “better” for a glorified practice mode.

Killing Mercy first or holding to one destructive Ult just in case she used Mass Rez was the solution for that. The team mates she got back were standing close together, so killing them a second time was possible.

2 Likes

That was mostly a problem because of the SR abuse, and a simple LOS requirement would´ve ended the hide and rez problem.

1 Like

Also opposed by great many people.

You said “most”. But that is just ridiculous.
Most people playing currently didn’t even played with mass rez. And people that did are mostly admitting that the rework has failed.
It failed even by devs own standards which they proclaimed right at the start.
“If we would have to tone it down too much we we’ll just revert it.”
10 straight nerfs to currently every single part of her kit since rework sounds like it fits the criteria.

2 Likes