"DC" into instant ban

I dc’d which almost nvr happens to me and i was able to connect back within seconds but i couldnt rejoin the match because i was insta banned. Why wasnt i able to rejoin the game? Could this be a possible ddos from a player? Ive always seen the option to rejoin anytime ive dc’d or if ive left a match.

8 Likes

If you’ve been suspended, it means you likely left many matches before this one. The first leave is not a suspension.

Bro, he reconnected immediately, what are u talking about lol

3 Likes

i got banned too for that,ive never left any match before this and got banned for 1 hour,my internet also fine,I am immediately disconnected while in the middle of comps games,and also I receive the error “Lost Connection to Game Server” as soon as I log in,also my friend got banned 1 season bcs of this problem

2 Likes

Howdy!

Just to clarify we do not have any known issues with this issue occurring without reason. It’s important to review our stance on the penalty system Here. If you notice any issues, we recommend troubleshooting and retest in quickplay or arcade to ensure the issue is resolved before returning to competitive play.

As a quick reminder the point of the Technical Support forums is to help each other troubleshoot issues. If you have ideas for improvements on the penalty system that is best made on our general forums or if you think a bug has occurred, make sure to report it on our Bug Report forums.

Thanks.

I would tend to think that even if you are banned for leaving matches, you ought to still be able to reconnect to the one you disconnected from so that your team doesn’t have to play the rest of the match short-handed.

The ban can take effect after that game is over. And maybe give 10% reduction on the ban length.

I have never left a match before, today went to play comp the game told me it was doing an update, I waited 10 min the update screen was still there. I restarted the game again
I was banned for 10 mins. I’m PS5 this is weird since this isn’t how the game updates on console.

4 Likes

This game has more bugs in it now than the US Embassy in Moscow. And every update just makes it worse. I’m not surprised that a DC would lead to instaban regardless of what they say here. I wouldn’t trust Blizz to tell me the time of day anymore.

1 Like

Im having the same issue never been dcd before but today it kept happening multiple times reset router but the problem persists lost couple of comp games because i kept getting logged out mid matches… tied in quickplay and it keeps on happening… was working fine until the last hour… whats going on with the servers ???

1 Like

same here , 3 straight crashes, directly to instant ban :cry:

2 Likes

i have had the same problem 2 crashes in back to back days first game on and now i have an 8 hour ban

1 Like

would it be possible to find a solution for me I’ve never left a comp game its always connection issues and now I’m banned for 8 hours I try to reconnect instantly but it doesn’t let me it would really help out to maybe remove the ban after reconnecting to the match because its unfair that I’m getting banned for something I can’t control.

2 Likes

Blizzard maintained the same stance between 1 and 2, it doesn’t matter why you disconnect, still counts as leaving.

That’s not true, they did the same to me and I don’t leave matches I’m permanently banned due to the system errors and it wouldn’t allow me to rejoin. Now I can’t play season 2 competitive mode at all.

4 Likes

What I said is true. System errors (yours or theirs), leaving, disconnecting, turning your PC off, everything counts the same. It’s the same approach they had with Overwatch 1.

Just commenting that I just got disconnected twice from a game; the first time I was able to rejoin in time but second I couldn’t connect to the b. net server for like 4 minutes to log back in. No internet issues on my side, and this has only been an issue that started since OW2.

1 Like

i had the same thing just happened to me

Nobody at blzd seems to be listening. Doing an update while players are trying to connect is a really bad idea. Many people are experiencing update hangs which is leading to suspensions for people who have never left a game. Then your customer service suspension appeal replys - “suspending you because of our bug is in our TOS”. Why would I ever buy a game from you again after that kind of rude abuse?

4 Likes

This JUST happened to me, “Lost connection to game server” Logged back in after like 10 seconds, now I’ve been suspended, I also never leave comp games, so the whole “Oh its because you’ve left before” Is incorrect. I very rarely get DCed but now its going to affect my rank I’m guessing, just because servers are on the blitz?

2 Likes

This is really stupid, and it’s pissing me the hell off. I got DC’ed ONCE and my account’s been locked for 336 days? Great effing moderation you guys have. And I haven’t hacked, I play against bots for christ sake. Your moderation is BS. Fix your game.

3 Likes