Day 366 of the Mercy rework, and it's still the most complained about thing on these forums

Find another game or play another hero. She’s now balanced but not a must pick, like about 20 other heroes in the game.

And the big thing is? There are ways to compromise between both. I’ve seen so many who are in favor of a revert ultimately pan to ‘just remove rez’ so that she can an involving E like one of Ana’s ultilities, or a burst heal activated upon the last shred of health to effectively bring someone back from death without the actual dying.

I think that there’s a way to find compromise-- we just need to come together and ask for it.

Still, I can understand that though. Everyone wants to make big plays and good decisions to save the day. That’s why there’s so much focus on team wipes or life-saving actions. It feels nice to be the hero.

Isn’t that, ultimately, the theme of the game?

and 100% the reason why I love playing tank heroes. I feel like I can save my team-- I just have to make the right plays. Beat players off of the point, get a massive slam or shield a bomb, drop a damage boost in combination with my dps, lob a bomb of my own, place a surge perfectly to keep the enemy off of the point… all of those heroes have room to save the day.

1 Like

It’s certainly more fun for Ana mains right now.

3 Likes

Only in Overwatch does it take a hundred patches and tons of complaints to make a hero whose role is to click on people to heal them balanced.

1 Like

Why can’t it be fun for both?

13 Likes

Why can’t Mercy mains think of any way for Mercy to be fun that doesn’t involve multi-rez?

2 Likes

Because most Mercy mains insist that the only way for her to be fun is to revert her, and that will not happen.
I’m sure there’s a ton of support mains cheering that they won’t have to play Mercy all day long.

4 Likes

i think they should remove aoe healing from valkriye

valrkiye:
single target 80 hps heals (up from 50 hps aoe)
single target 40% damage boost

choosing which one u heal / boost in valkriye sure will make her more fun

1 Like

I don’t want multi-rez if they can’t make everyone happy with it. I want a Mercy who rewards investing time into the hero

1 Like

Mhm, because the rework failed. And we’ll keep spreading the word until we get Mercy back as a fun hero. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

So much this. Ive invested so much time into learning Mercy, and now no one can even tell because we all play exactly the same. After a few hours on Mercy you kind of just generally get the idea of her. There is no depth to her current kit.

Moira may be considered an easier support, and with her you have so many decisions to make, same with Reinhardt and S76. Mercy has no decision making, its all straight forward overtime impact that wont turn the tide of a game.

5 Likes

Yup, I’m honestly starting to agree with the “no difference between a bronze and GM Mercy”. Sure, there’s awareness and healing prioritization, but really nothing special. There’s almost nothing that a good Mercy can do that a bot can’t

I wanna be able to carry with Mercy, not because she’s OP, but because I’m good with her

7 Likes

Stop blaming the Mercy community.

It’s been beyond apparent that the devs did not listen to them.

Everything that has transpired here was due to the choices the developers made.

22 Likes

Day 366 and still no avail to satisfaction for everyone. Every nerf the Mercy community has said will break her and here she is still sailing strong.

This is by far my biggest annoyance with the Mercy community. The dev’s are well aware of what you think, and have been careful with her nerfs. They are doing something with her and they simply don’t think of your feedback as correct.

2 Likes

Valkyrie wasn’t what was OP about 2.0 Mercy. Having Rez on a cooldown was. Valk is a glorified ability, and can easily be nerfed down so it fits on a cooldown (3 seconds of free flight and extended beam range on a 15 second cooldown or something). Valk by itself is not strong, and never was.

They actually aren’t. They physically aren’t reading the feedback.

13 Likes

the hive mind feedback.

I’d argue that both of these statements are untrue.

They never read any significant portion of the mega-threads.

And I feel her changes have been sloppy, made to appease whiny DPS players with little regard to the Mercy player and their experience.

“Fun” only seems to matter when you’re a DPS player.

8 Likes

This is why I hate the Mercy mentality. It’s so “It’s their fault!” Based on how repetitive and self-righteous the mega’s are I don’t blame them.

Tell me why

2 Likes

Of course, Genji and Tracer mains are super happy with the meta.
Or DPS mains that don’t like Hanzo and Widow.

The “appeasing to DPS mains” statement is just not true.

They are very aware. It’s impossible to not notice thousands of threads in a year.
And they have been careful. Otherwise it wouldn’t take a year to balance her.

2 Likes