Daily Hero Opinion: Reaper

Welcome to day 6 of Daily Hero Opinion! Today’s hero is the leader of Talon himself: Reaper

My opinion on Reaper is that he is very very weak currently and is in need of a buff or rework.

Discuss your opinions on Reaper and suggest a hero for tomorrow!

Heroes already done:
Mercy
Soldier: 76
Ana
Orisa
Zenyatta

Sincerely,
The Brigitte Spaghetti Movement

10 Likes

Reaper needs to avoid armor. It’s completely nonsensical and hilariously pathetic that the Tank Buster shoots blanks against tank health.

4 Likes

His Shadowstep is a joke of an ability

6 Likes

I think you mean Doomfist.

Daily opinion on reaper, just killed one today as Orisa… in solo… now i want to give him a hug honestly : I

1 Like

Reaper needs a definitive spot as a dps (flanker or tank buster)

Hog next pls.

3 Likes

I wish Blizzard would give his shotguns a reduced spread.

2 Likes

I might be alone on this, but I feel like he doesn’t need a major buff. Just something Hammond sized would make a huge difference, since tanks are also being very oppressed ATM.

Speaking of Hammond, he’s a pretty interesting topic to talk about tomorrow!

Sincerely,

1 Like

I can make a poll. As Hammond and Hog were both suggested

Sincerely,

If anyone wants an in-depth read of someone with 200+ hours on Reaper and has played in every rank: I’ll leave this here (71 likes) Why Reaper s̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ and what he needs - K he still sucks 12/18/2018 (46 upvotes)

tl;dr – He’s more frustrating to play, has a dry kit, has a useless E ability that isn’t helpful in teamfights whatsoever.

3 Likes

Doomfist and reaper are both leaders of Talon

Sincerely,

3 Likes

Reaper is cool, intimidating, epic, and scary all at the same time.

IN THE LORE

In game, he is kind of a joke, I’m some ways xd

2 Likes

Tank buster with 1/2 dmg to armor
Closerange with low mobility
A teleport that’s slightly faster than running
Had his 3 biggest counters buffed and now Torb/Hog are getting changes before Reaper

He’s terrible now and is in desperate need for a buff

4 Likes

Has potential as a hero but should honestly just be used as a counter pick. Shadowstep is a poor ability but still useful and underrated.

He is fine… it’s more wrecking ball and other tanks.

He has not really a role right now.
Not even a niche

2 Likes

ok maybe he is not fine.

What does this even mean. “just be used as a counter pick” Um.

By the time you get into Masters (and hell even past gold?) , it’s really not useful. It’s also not underrated it’s just the games been out for 2 years; everyone knows maps and popular “Reaper teleport and drop down deathblossom spots” Shadowstep is for Quickplay / anyone with no sense of awareness. Once in a blue moon I can punish a tunnel visioning widow but outside of that it really adds nothing to his character and intended playstyle and he deserves a more useful ability.

2 Likes

In his current state he should be used as a counter pick for the most part, what don’t you understand?

Have you watched Spirit play Reaper? He uses shadow step to position every fight.

1 Like

I had, what I thought was, a pretty good idea to fix Reaper.

2 Likes