Cross-Play is Now Live!

With aim assist its fair if skill levels are on par. Trust me, I’ve played versus pc players on other shooters. Bronze pc players vs bronze console players is a fair match

fix 60 fps for all, or is no sense in ow.

1 Like

this is the big thing? uhg
yuck

LOL poor FREEDO from YourOverwatch who was mega hyped ABOUT BIG NEW FEATURES Hahahaha

2 Likes

snickers is that meant as a joke? It’s no secret the matchmaking has been awful for a while now. So if it’s just a “matchmaking” issue this is still going to be a problem.

I have a lot of items on the ps4 platform, if the cross-play activated then I can transfer them on the platform pc ?

No, progression is platform-specific. This only enables you to play with players from other platforms.

If you own the game on multiple platforms, you will need to unlock things separately for each, with the exception of Blizzard promotional items (e.g. OWL tokens earned by watching livestreams) that are already shared across all platforms.

To clarify, they said that cross-progression would come after cross-play because the technical and logistic hurdles they need to overcome. They did not dismiss the idea entirely.

Only limited to Xbox players. Remember what happened is that the Party Chat system for Xbox was a peer-to-peer service, which for the most part no longer is. The problem though is that so many players may still have their IP addresses exposed and available in third-party hacker services which will DoS (not DDoS, there is a difference) that player. You can effectively protect yourself as an Xbox player by reaching out to your Internet service provider and requesting to change your public IP address for your internet service.

That appears to be only for Remote Play if you are playing on PC through to your PlayStation console. I do not believe Overwatch is remote play enabled.

1 Like

I mean, I would need a console to test it, but it seems like it worked in beta.

I may be thinking too much ahead but I can totally see crossplatform becoming another reason for ppl to get toxic ingame due the quality of the matches.

1 Like

So how much did Sony make you guys pay for them to allow this? lol

2 Likes

Please reconsider the implementation. I would like to opt-out on PC.

10 Likes

Sooo as a PC player will I be forced to play with console players? Not entirely sure about this but that kind of throws team integrity the rest of the way out the window, no?

I’m trying to understand

if I solo queue on PC for everything

will I ever end up fighting a controller user. That’s all I need to know

The questions I myself am left asking is simply…

What is the status of using Keyboard and Mouse as input devices on console? Prior to cross-play, console players could use unofficial or official peripherals to connect some type of keyboard and mouse for use to control games, but the development team has stated they “object to it, but cannot do anything about it”. With cross-play now available, how does this new change impact console players today? Will they be able to freely plug in any compatible plug-n=play keyboard to use in Overwatch console platforms without adapters?

The second question is simply, why are PC players not going to be able to disable cross-play for non-Competitive modes? While I don’t expect players to be ultra-competitive in non-Competitive modes, I feel some PC players will still wish to have teammates who only play on PC, mainly due to the nature of the advantage keyboard and mouse has over controller play and the system performance differences of PC with 3080 RTX graphics card running at 400 FPS versus a Nintendo Switch running at 30 FPS.

13 Likes

Tbh. If I could choose to cross play with only other console players at all times I would prefer that. But not bad. Just don’t want to keep toggling off and on.

1 Like

Can console players see pc chat messages?

1 Like

Yes, PC players will have teams and face against teams with a mix of PC players and PC/Console players, and any console player opted in to playing crossplay.

Is there any chance overwatch is going to natively support mouse and keyboard on consoles? With this feature competitive crossplay should be able to happen (only MK console players vs PC) and this would even improve queue time for competitive because there would be more players in each role. It is something Warzone does and works pretty well so I think it is something that would really improve this crossplay feature and the whole game in general.

3 Likes

I hope they finally get rid of platform exclusive balancing. Hope this also eliminates the stereotype of bad console players since it’s now git gud time.

1 Like