Cross-Play is Now Live!

Yay Smurfwatch from Console is here! Yay…

1 Like

oh lol im quitting then

2 Likes

ahhh at last someone mentions the elephant in the room lmao

Come on guys, console aim assist must be disabled because of these guys playing with keyboard and mouse in a unofficial way, I mean they have mouse precision and aim assist because game detects it as an controller. That’s just unfair. Also console players will come out with smurfwatch. They can create a lot of accounts since you have to buy game just once per console, although in pc has to be a game license per battletag.

1 Like

That will help the smurfing issues. PlayStation players can make how many accounts???

How do I add friend from console, or play with in group ?

Yes, though we can’t use the text chat

The A.I. in that mode use it at the end of matches to say gg, and also that’s just where general gameplay messages like “I need healing” go of course

We already play against them in COD, whats the difference

This has to be a joke right? They can’t be serious about removing aim assistance right? What would be the point of that??? You might as well replace the console player base with bots. This is a serious mistake. You can not expect for console player to play without aim assistance. Almost everyone knows that pc has an advantage yet they are doing this to equalize the game??? Really??? How out of touch are they?

1 Like

Kind of crummy that console players get to choose whether they want to play with people outside of their platform, but PC players are given no choice in the matter. If they respect a console player’s desire not to play with PC players or even other console players, why don’t they respect PC player’s desire not to play with console players? Also, it’s silly that a console player can’t play with PC players without forming a group with at least 1 pc player in it.

5 Likes

While I can’t speak for the Overwatch team first-hand, I can explain some of the legitimate reasons for why they probably should not have that option.

One is that they’d want to make sure the people who use the crossplay feature for PC+Console groupings can actually play the game with it. Similar to the idea of having an option to disable backfill, the vast majority of PC players would probably elect to disable the feature without thinking about it, because it superficially sounds bad that you might get console players on your team, even though realistically it’s no worse than getting a group containing a lower-skilled PC player. If most people disable the setting, the cross-play feature is useless, and anyone trying to use it just suffers.

Extending from that, it splits the playerbase in general in a way that is not intuitive to players. If you queue for Crossplay-Disabled Quick Play, you can’t match with the people queuing for Crossplay-Enabled Quick Play, because the rules by which each of those solvers has to build a match is incompatible with the other. That also means if a backfill is required for a Crossplay-Enabled Quick Play match, anyone who has it disabled can’t fill that slot. Friends on PC would also be unable to join their friends’ matches if their Crossplay settings were different from each other, unless it did some sort of temporary override to their settings even while they’re not grouped.

In the long run, there may be solutions they could build to efficiently handle all of the error cases that come with resolving mixed queues on the fly, as opposed to needing completely separate matchmaking queues for On/Off, but that would be a whole separate feature in itself, and likely not one that’s worth the time investment it would require. For now, that setting would just be an overcomplication of the existing system, with little upside to justify it.

I would uninstall so damn fast :rofl:

2 Likes

This is the most convenient stuff for blizzard, but not for (common and honest) users.

4 Likes

Great idea, bad implementation. I don’t think blizzard understand how bad OW will feel when you play a hit scan on a controller without aim assist vs a mouse and keyboard hit scan or any aim intensive hero.

1 Like

Tengo una duda yo tengo Overwatch comprado en PC y ahora con esto del Crossplay puedo jugar Overwatch de otras plataformas sin haber comprado el juego en Consola?

I mean, the same could be said about giving console players the option to opt out of cross platform play. But they have no problem doing that.

I don’t think that’s true or at least can’t be assumed to be true. Also the same thing could be said of console crossplay. Can a xbox player with crossplay enabled play with a xbox player with crossplay disabled? Or are they going to be splitting up all the console playerbases as well?

If anything, it would be best justified on PC, which probably has the largest OW population which would be harmed least by the splitting of the playerbases.

2 Likes

Finally I can play with all my PlayStation buddies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Podras jugar overwatch en la plataforma donde lo compraste contra jugadores de todas las plataformas :slight_smile:

I think if console players are going to join PC players there needs to some aim assist for console players. My girlfriend is console, I’m PC, we’ve tried controller on PC but the lack of aim assist make it’s almost impossible to play. I would think at QP level simply using a controller over a mouse is disadvantage enough to call it fair without disabling aim assist too.

2 Likes

How will custom games work. Will console plyers see pc players custom match lobby?

2 Likes