Could we acknowledge that aim is a skill?

Exactly, Counterstrike is an amazing game if what you prize is aim and solo skill. This is NOT Counterstrike.

1. yeah duh
  2. yes
  3. no
  4. heck no

Yeah. “Ive seen a streamer that had a cousin that once saw…” yeah, we have all seen many many many many examples of that.
/S

I dont know if you are aware that you are basically saying that 2+2=7 here mate.
DPS do plays, and carry in “combos” or specific moments. The whole match? yeah, no, Tanks and Supports are doing consistent work during the whole match.

Please raise your hand all of you who can truly and honestly say that a Widow have carried them WAY MORE than any tank or support.

Anyone? …
Yeah i thought so.
Bye.

2 Likes
  1. it is a skill but it’s limited and can only be useful when backed up by other skills like positioning, target priority, game sense, map knowledge and just reactions in general

2. This is a misunderstanding Aim doesn’t require a ton of time to learn, People’s problem with aim is they have to high sensativity/DPI to small of a mouse map or just crappy FPS if you fix any of these problems you can see your aim double or triple in percents (depending how bad the issues were, Also another misunderstanding about training aim is most of the time it’s not your aim that ur improving its your other gamesenses your aim/accuracy will see an increase in % just by furthering these skills.

3. This should be “everyone should understand wrist and arm aiming” not everyone needs to aim. tracking is the more common type of aim in overwatch. (reinhardt’s fire strike, Zayra in general, Orisa when you track the movement of her halts, Moira both healing and dmg, Mei in general, ect.)

Aim is the only skill overwatch that is dependant on other gamesenses and skills be improved without actually practicing aim itself.

Hero based shooter is fine, as long as there isn’t such a massive disparity between skill requirements.
I like many abilities, and the objective based nature of the game.
But I’m not going to idly accept all the bad designs in the game. I going to point them all out.

It is

Sure

In other FPS games - maybe, in OW - not necessarily.

We have such. It is called Brigitte.

Easy heroes existing is fine, but you need to balance for ease of use.

It’s not bad design… reading through all of your replies its absolutely clear that if you are on Widow and get killed by anyone not using a similar attack mechanic it’s going to upset you. That means everyone needs high damage hitscan weapons that require 100% manual aim. That’s pretty much all traditional shooters. A Hero shooter is going to have autolocks, melee weapons, odd attack mechanics. I don’ think thats ever going to sit right with you. That’s all Im saying.

You’ve accepted one design as “the right way”, how are you going to accept anything else?

3 Likes

Slayer, you’re clearly wasting your time with this lot. They’ve been straw manning the hell out of you the whole time. You know how this forum goes. If you don’t rank aim as the least important thing in the game you get a billion replies telling you why you’re wrong and should go back to Call of Duty or CSGO. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You have heroes that require full mechanical skill while not requiring much thinking at all (like Widow). And you have heroes that have little to no mechanical skill (like Winston and Reinhardt), but require great game sense, positioning, timing and overall skill at Overwatch to be effective with. That’s really just it.

This community is a living breathing meme.

Man, that is awfully binary. That’s not at all whats being said. We tried to say that aim is extremely important, as is other skills. HE is saying that he doesnt want to lose to anything other than an aim-centric hero because he doesn’t consider that fair. Thus, we suggest COD or CS because that’s exactly what he’s describing. Considering the stubborness, I think the participants in this thread have been rather kind.

4 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

5 Likes

Funny, I’ve seen the opposite much more often. You know what I mean - “if you don’t rank aim as by far the most important thing, you are a loser without any skills who is boosted thanks to playing braindead heroes”.

2 Likes

That game actually sounds a lot more fun than Overwatch that is ruined by Brigitte and such.

Lmao, theres PLENTY of games like that already. For starters CoD. Okay so they arent blueskinned women that probably choked on a baguette but you can still play your traditional FPS.

Just stop trying to make OW what its not supposed to be.

1 Like

Indeed. Black Ops 3 is still more fun as a traditional shooter than Overwatch will ever be, because Overwatch wasn’t meant to be a pure FPS.

If I didn’t want to play Jet Set Radio with a gun, I’d be playing Black Ops 3 right now.

1 Like

Aim-based heroes do have the highest skill ceilings, but not every hero needs a super high skill cap. With that said, it is unhealthy for the game if a low skill floor hero is one-shotting everything with little effort (I mean in general, not talking about Brige specifically).

As I said, this game has many good abilities I like.
The hero shooter aspect is fine, but the skill curve of heroes need to stay similar for a properly balanced game.

So how would you balance Brigitte?

EDIT: How would you construct her in a way that requires just as much skill to score a kill, as it does with Widow?

I think Brig’s pick potential needs to be nerfed.

Her role as a support should be to make it very easy for her team to kill an flanker or diver with the use of stuns that are very easy to hit with.

In return for this role, her ability to get kills in 1v1 duels should be very tough for her.

She needs a little bit of damage so that she can defend herself; however, she should not be expecting to get an pick without an team mate.