Could we acknowledge that aim is a skill?

1. Aim is indeed a skill.
  2. Aim is a skill that requires lots of practice.
  3. Aim is a skill that everybody should learn. (Everything else is already like that…)
  4. The game needs heroes that can only be countered by learning to aim.
71 Likes

there is no doubt that aim is a important skill its just not the only skill which some people seem to think

121 Likes

Read those 2 “Widow needs a nerf” posts and get mad at their stupidity? Yeah, me too.

40 Likes

Some people literally don’t want to learn to aim, and want to punish people who invested the time into learning to do so.

53 Likes
  1. Yes, indeed.
  2. Yes, indeed.
  3. No, not everybody has to master every skill in the game.
  4. No, there should not be things in the game ONLY counterable by aim.
48 Likes

Everybody has to play around everything, so they do.
If there isn’t, you have effectively removed shooter from FPS.

11 Likes

Sorry, can you rephrase that, i’m not completely certain what you mean. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

good point, dont get me wrong i hate widow and hanzo but if i was good enough at aiming then i would most likely use them, i play orisa, d.va, hog and brigitte mostly so not really any aim intensive hero but widows should be rewarded for good aim

7 Likes

He responded to what you said line by line. His first line responds to your first and his 2nd responds to your second.

If you mean literally, then you always have to play around something in an OW match, there is no perfect comp. And things, like Pharah are only counterable by aim (generally)

Learn? Yes. MASTER? no. There should be options for people with less than stellar aiming skills.

There are still mostly characters that SHOOT things. If you want a pure shooter go play one of the ones that everyone just shoots things.

33 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is a team based FPS shooter, right? Everyone has a form of a shot-type weapon, excluding half of Sym, Moira, Winston, and Zarya (kinda)

3 Likes

If you don’t want to shoot anything, why do you even play an fps game?
Play a moba.
Or rock paper scissors considering the skill ceiling of recently released heroes,

12 Likes

It’s more of an FPS MOBA

5 Likes

Except the game description is LITERALLY “a team based FPS shooter” I doubt Blizz would get these things wrong considering they have their own MOBA.

8 Likes

It’s not a moba, it just took over some abilities, half of which doesn’t really work in an fps.
An actual moba would have lanes, pve, talent choices, and macro play. OW is just team fighting, which is a fraction of a moba.

3 Likes

aim is skill but just because it is doesnt mean it should not be easily countered

rein literally counters skill by holding his shield up and no one complains about that but when brigitte kills you everyone cries

8 Likes

As somebody that is taking a break from OW and has picked up SMITE, I can confirm. It’s a lot of killing minions, really.

2 Likes

Well, on that note I encountered people who unironically and explicitly wanted to nerf skill.

1 Like

no one ever said aiming is not a skill, people just say that this is not the only skill.
people always claim that heroes who take aim to play are harder than heroes who don’t require aiming, and that is just wrong.

22 Likes

Reinhardt doesn’t have a 5 second stun that goes through shields, has a near invincible-state ultimate, give armor, heal, or and one hit a tracer (not counting charge)

3 Likes