Continuously pushing for 2-2-2 by using QP as proof

The point is that Comp is a total circus.
Forget 4-5 DPS comps.
There are many other scenarios where comp is a clown show.

Take fake flex players that can only play 1 hero per role only. Example a person that their hero pool looks like this, Mercy, Rein, Sym. They think they are a flex player, even though they are super limited in their hero pool.

My most hated scenario in comp is when tank or support players switch to DPS in the middle of the game, leaving the team without a tank or support, because they think they can dps better than whoever is in the damage role.
Even though most of these players play DPS at a lower skill level than their rank.
But no one knows that the diamond support player plays DPS at a gold rank because they only see the diamond symbol next to their name.

Thank god, most of these things will be gone soon from comp.

8 Likes

If this game is ever going to grow, they can’t have it where the gamemode that has the majority of the players, and ALL of the new players, is nothing more than a sniper/genji aim training mode.

That’s why they have Quickplay Classic.

So that it can keep the “Lol it’s just Quickplay” players away from the “Unranked” players.

12 Likes

My question for you is… Why is it even an issue if those examples come from QP?

It’s the most played mode and more than 3 DPS is not at all a rarity there.
And i think it’s save to say that it’s very frustrating to play with too many DPSs, since that just makes every match to a DM game and not an objective focused mode.

It is very well justified to use QP for arguments about 2-2-2.

2-2-2 is there to make the entire game better… and not just Comp.

6 Likes

It does not really matter because 222 is coming to QP too, for some unholy reason.

You could also just accept 2-2-2 is coming :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good idea, right :slight_smile:

✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

I think players leaving is far more likely than an influx of new players… But whatever.

3 Likes

You are kidding right, unless your playing in Masters up…

I think OWL was going to die without it, and it will be a breath of fresh air to people that care about playing a game with objectives.

For people who want a low effort mindless shooting gallery. Yeah, we’ll probably lose some of those. But they are probably better off playing Fortnite or Apex anyways.

6 Likes

I hate to say it, but the mindless types are the vast majority of the player-base.

3 Likes

I guess we’ll have to see.

But I think it’s a better idea to double down on what makes Overwatch unique, rather than trying to vaguely follow competitors.

4 Likes

I would agree… If we were not 3 years deep. It is too late to make large sweeping changes that literally effect every player.

3 Likes

Enter and see rolelock, its easier to manage fewer options and interactions. I agree there.

Then they also likely have illusions of swapping heroes, their teammates never do. A problem not solved by 222.

They have no idea about meta, get flamed for off meta picks.
Or
They have an idea about the meta, confused by why no one on their team is playing it.
Another problem not solved by 222.

Then, they enter comp and find out there’s no teamqueue…

Eventually, they may even get quite good at the game and find that masters+ you aren’t allowed to queue/fight as a full team unless you’re pro.

222 does not make this game more teamwork oriented, only the players/community can or do.

It just makes it so new players don’t have to read the “hero selection tips” and are forced to play “the right way” as determined by others, rather than learning themselves.

2 Likes

A lot of old players are excited to come back after the patch. Especially tank mains, which we are in desperate need of.

4 Likes

I believe it. But I also believe the number is negiglible relative to the potential losses.

I think the game could use a boost for more “freshness”, less toxicity, and more teamplay.

Same old same old and blandness is a great way to fall into obscurity.

2 Likes

“It’s just QP lol”

Kaplan himself said that he doesn’t like that mentality that people have towards QP.

7 Likes

Absolutely, but 222 will not give us less toxicity. It will do quite the opposite. The root of most toxicity on team based games is the powerlessness to fix a problem and with everyone locked, that is obviously going to be exacerbated.

4 Likes

You mean … people is only adding screenshots of the information that fits the agenda they want to push? Even when everyone knows its a meme and using QP randomness is quite pointless?

Well … seems forums in a nutshell mate :rofl:

PS: Like 222 is coming because of the current state of Quick Play HAHAHA

The response to the patch has been mostly positive. I really don’t see a mass exodus over this. Is overwatch going to lose some people over this patch? Sure. Overwatch loses people over every patch.

Based on the amount of feedback I’ve seen on it, I think the patch will be an overall plus. The forums are just filled with a loud vocal minority. I see player retention improving after the patch, especially once the initial “patch shock” wears off.