Continuously pushing for 2-2-2 by using QP as proof

…is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in the forums in a long time.

QP has NEVER been exemplary of the compositions seen in Competitive.

Please, bring us proof of 5 DPS comps from Competitive, NOT from QP; it makes your argument sound more ridiculous than “ban-enforced 2-2-2”… and that’s already pretty ridiculous.

35 Likes

i literally had a 5dps team in comp a few days ago. i was the only healer. i have no screenshot or proof but i swear it did happen.

people say it’s all exaggeration but there are 40million people who play this game and it does happen a lot in comp, especially in low ranks

just cause you and some other people don’t get to experience it doesn’t mean it’s not real

68 Likes

Low ranks are gonna do whatever they want. You’re still gonna have DPS Moira and no main tank. And they still won’t group up. Then people will flame for the above reasons.

This changes nothing.

12 Likes

regardless, i think i’ll sleep better at night knowing the days of solo tanking/healing are finally over

65 Likes

What about new players who just bought the game presented as heavily teamwork oriented shooter, and then thrown into the dominion of veteran trolls also known as QP? At least this way(2-2-2) there’s an illusion of teamwork.

Why? It’s done deal … 2-2-2 is coming and staying. There’s no point to do anything other than accept 2-2-2 :man_shrugging:

24 Likes
  1. QP is getting 222.
  2. Many people are avoiding comp right now because 222 is coming
  3. It’s the most used game mode

So why wouldn’t they post screenshots from there? It just makes sense.

19 Likes

DPS are just as selfish in comp or scared to play tank/support. Idk which it is at this point,.

1 Like

Two things. First off, if I wanted to play deathmatch, I’d go play deathmatch. Adding 2-2-2 to quickplay ensures less deathmatch and a certain level of quality to the gameplay.

Second, and much more importantly, 2-2-2 isn’t being added because of some enforcement of composition. It’s being added for balance reasons. 2-2-2 is necessary because as more characters get added to the game it gets harder and harder to balance if players have the ability to stack roles.

2-2-2 needs to happen, or else we don’t get Sigma. The primary designer of Sigma even said they felt they couldn’t release him until 2-2-2 was a thing. QP needs to reflect the competitive gameplay. 2-2-2 needs to come to both.

25 Likes

It really doesn’t mater anymore, 222 is a done deal at this point. Plus just because there is a comp mode, doesn’t mean QP should be a trash fire.
As for proof of wonky comps, in comp, one can just pop around from stream to stream on twitch and see what is going on.

Do we see get 5+ DPS comps all the time? No. Yet you still see stuff like poor Emmong buying alt to learn wball just because he was running into so many 3+ sort of dps comps. I’ve seen Surefour, due to no role queue, not get a DPS role on a team. As I guess some how being a DPS OWL level pro wasn’t enough nerd creed for the DPS players on his team to play something else and let him have DPS.

and as people keep saying over and over, the new system is Role queue + per role SR and 222, not just 222. It’s a whole lot of different issues from OWL to QP getting fixed all in one big game rework.

So I’m not sure why the focus is only on the 222 side of it so much.

3 Likes

The point is that Comp is a total circus.
Forget 4-5 DPS comps.
There are many other scenarios where comp is a clown show.

Take fake flex players that can only play 1 hero per role only. Example a person that their hero pool looks like this, Mercy, Rein, Sym. They think they are a flex player, even though they are super limited in their hero pool.

My most hated scenario in comp is when tank or support players switch to DPS in the middle of the game, leaving the team without a tank or support, because they think they can dps better than whoever is in the damage role.
Even though most of these players play DPS at a lower skill level than their rank.
But no one knows that the diamond support player plays DPS at a gold rank because they only see the diamond symbol next to their name.

Thank god, most of these things will be gone soon from comp.

8 Likes

If this game is ever going to grow, they can’t have it where the gamemode that has the majority of the players, and ALL of the new players, is nothing more than a sniper/genji aim training mode.

That’s why they have Quickplay Classic.

So that it can keep the “Lol it’s just Quickplay” players away from the “Unranked” players.

12 Likes

My question for you is… Why is it even an issue if those examples come from QP?

It’s the most played mode and more than 3 DPS is not at all a rarity there.
And i think it’s save to say that it’s very frustrating to play with too many DPSs, since that just makes every match to a DM game and not an objective focused mode.

It is very well justified to use QP for arguments about 2-2-2.

2-2-2 is there to make the entire game better… and not just Comp.

6 Likes

It does not really matter because 222 is coming to QP too, for some unholy reason.

You could also just accept 2-2-2 is coming :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good idea, right :slight_smile:

✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

I think players leaving is far more likely than an influx of new players… But whatever.

3 Likes

You are kidding right, unless your playing in Masters up…

I think OWL was going to die without it, and it will be a breath of fresh air to people that care about playing a game with objectives.

For people who want a low effort mindless shooting gallery. Yeah, we’ll probably lose some of those. But they are probably better off playing Fortnite or Apex anyways.

6 Likes

I hate to say it, but the mindless types are the vast majority of the player-base.

3 Likes

I guess we’ll have to see.

But I think it’s a better idea to double down on what makes Overwatch unique, rather than trying to vaguely follow competitors.

4 Likes