Continuously pushing for 2-2-2 by using QP as proof

I would agree… If we were not 3 years deep. It is too late to make large sweeping changes that literally effect every player.

3 Likes

Enter and see rolelock, its easier to manage fewer options and interactions. I agree there.

Then they also likely have illusions of swapping heroes, their teammates never do. A problem not solved by 222.

They have no idea about meta, get flamed for off meta picks.
Or
They have an idea about the meta, confused by why no one on their team is playing it.
Another problem not solved by 222.

Then, they enter comp and find out there’s no teamqueue…

Eventually, they may even get quite good at the game and find that masters+ you aren’t allowed to queue/fight as a full team unless you’re pro.

222 does not make this game more teamwork oriented, only the players/community can or do.

It just makes it so new players don’t have to read the “hero selection tips” and are forced to play “the right way” as determined by others, rather than learning themselves.

2 Likes

A lot of old players are excited to come back after the patch. Especially tank mains, which we are in desperate need of.

4 Likes

I believe it. But I also believe the number is negiglible relative to the potential losses.

I think the game could use a boost for more “freshness”, less toxicity, and more teamplay.

Same old same old and blandness is a great way to fall into obscurity.

2 Likes

“It’s just QP lol”

Kaplan himself said that he doesn’t like that mentality that people have towards QP.

7 Likes

Absolutely, but 222 will not give us less toxicity. It will do quite the opposite. The root of most toxicity on team based games is the powerlessness to fix a problem and with everyone locked, that is obviously going to be exacerbated.

4 Likes

You mean … people is only adding screenshots of the information that fits the agenda they want to push? Even when everyone knows its a meme and using QP randomness is quite pointless?

Well … seems forums in a nutshell mate :rofl:

PS: Like 222 is coming because of the current state of Quick Play HAHAHA

The response to the patch has been mostly positive. I really don’t see a mass exodus over this. Is overwatch going to lose some people over this patch? Sure. Overwatch loses people over every patch.

Based on the amount of feedback I’ve seen on it, I think the patch will be an overall plus. The forums are just filled with a loud vocal minority. I see player retention improving after the patch, especially once the initial “patch shock” wears off.

Thing is, it’s even better to remove the problem in the first place.

By having 2 of every role, it means you only need one exceptional tank/healer/dps, that can carry the slackers.

And RoleBasedMMR and RoleBasedSR prevents having someone routinely play roles they are bad at, at higher than average skill tiers.

1 Like

It happening in QP is just as bad as in Competitive, if you want to faff around with 5 DPS or 6 DPS, there’s arcade for you. And with 2-2-2 enforcement QP classic will be just the place where you can “not take it serious”, and leave QP to those who wish a quick - but serious - fight.

2 Likes

There is no response… The patch is not out yet? You will see. The problem is that it was well reviewed within hardcore circles which anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together could predict given the climate. There was a point where literally half the threads were 222 based. It was HIGHLY requested. Perhaps the most requested change ever.

But you see… We are a small drop in the Overwatch ocean. Little Timmy who wants to play DPS after school is going to be in for a rude awakening when he has 30 minute queues. Which he will have, in QP, by the way. Competitive is where queues would be reasonable as most hardcore players are tank/support. The casuals on the other hand? Why do you think there are so many quad plus DPS games in QP in the first place?

Well… Yeah, actually. I am sure there will be great retention numbers once we shed a huge portion of players. Mostly because we will be at the base. But you ain’t wrong.

2 Likes

If that’s true, then why would they continually remove loss statistics from it; such as when you used to be able to see how many losses you had, or your winrate?
It’s genuinely presented as a “no one loses, they just don’t always win” mode.

Even arcade has more win incentive because of the 9wins for boxes.

2 Likes

And Jeff also said he regrets gold guns and rushed to turn Bob gold. He says a lot of things. It does not necessarily make them true.

2 Likes

Watch the interview with Jeff Kaplan and Seagull. Players should always be trying to win. The mentality of “It’s just QP I don’t care” just reeks, he gives his own reason and explanation. If you care watch the video.

So he was just pulling our legs? He doesn’t genuinely think that QP should be filled with people trying to form a team and win the game?

2 Likes

I’m not debating that he said it.

I’m pointing out the fact that such a statement doesn’t align with the actions taken. At. All.

1 Like

i think thats an exaggeration. 40 million total player peak sure, but 40 million total players now? i doubt it

2 Likes

The actions haven’t even happend yet <_____<

Prime example of actions taken.
Oh lump private profiles in there too.

Let’s add that there’s no ranking system for these “should be highly competitive, just faster” games.

1 Like

Idk how a private or public profile would in any way change the team making experience. That was a different change at the request of people feeling like they’re being targeted by other players in their games.

We’re getting 2/2/2 to build better teams, because the players aren’t responsible enough to see the blinking “Too many DPS, too many snipers, no tanks, no healers” on the side of the screen. It truly is a shame that it had to come to this, but this is what happends.