Console players unite!

Depends where you look. Like, if you go on the Xbox or PS Facebook pages, you see a lot of “fan boys” and “[This system] is better for [Insert dumb reason, here]”. Stupid stuff, like that. You’ll even see some people go out of their way to comment on Nintendo Switch posts with things, like: “This Console sucks. I can get [this game] on Xbox/PS4 and it looks 10x better”. Its all just ridiculous

Xbox Only here
Yes, because it fun and easy to manage.

The problem with console is that it’s plagued with M+KB adapter users at upper ranks.

Xbox.

Actually building a gaming PC tomorrow. I have a copy of OW for PC but won’t be playing it on PC simply because all my cosmetic progress won’t cross over.

Too much hard work getting every cosmetic on console just to start over on PC. Not worth it to switch.

Xbox here:

I think overwatch on console Is… interesting? I feel like because console really doesn’t have much of a comp scene people run (and succeed) with some comps on console that are just ridiculous.

I hate the smurf situation and it’s slowly driving away the community. No I don’t think that the genji on the other team is a legit 15 when’s he gets a 6 k on our team.

1 Like

PS4 player here.
Why not implement crossplay like cod:mw and allow the use of mnk without an adapter like Activision did?

I play on Xbox primarily.
I had a falling out with some friends so I don’t play on pc anymore. Too many memories to hook it back up.

Keyboard movement is trash since you’re velocity locked and only eight possible directions. A joystick provides a much better movement experience because you have so much control over velocity and Omni directional movement. I play on pc using controller for movement + mouse for aiming.

I enjoy console because it’s effortless to push three buttons and be playing. Aim assist is also a hoot

1 Like

PS4

My laptop is 10 years old, I haven’t used it since I graduated college (phone does everything it can do anyway), it lags horribly, and I’m better on controller than mouse and keyboard because I’m used to it after 2,000 hours. It just felt weird relearning everything.

I typically build a new machine every 2 to 3 years at a cost many times higher than a console. Usually $1500-2500. But i dont game on my PCs.

My consoles only get upgraded when a new generation comes out, so 6 to 8 years

Been a console gamer since I was little, I’ve played on pc before but console will always be my fav platform.

I’m on PS4 btw.

I play on PS4. While I have a good PC and an account I just prefer playing this game with a controller. I‘m also just too lazy to learn to play with M&KB lol. And I started this game on console and there are all my achievements and skins ect.

Also console is more chill and you can avoid toxicity, because there is no chat and nobody joins voice chat. Overall people just don’t try as hard anyway, console is so much more casual which fits me better, cause I‘m a filthy casual myself.

Xbox

It’s a superior platform imo for immersion and skill

Imo, there are some things not possible on PC than console. Some heroes like mercy , pharah, Winston etc, just have a fluidity that comes with a swivel and motion control not possible on PC.

Additionally, there’s an aspect to triggers that make it feel more real to me. This is from not only the aspect of triggers themselves, but the vibrations that add character to each gun and ability.

While pc boasts the skill reason, I argue opposite.

In my experience, people cross console to PC a lot easier than PC to console

You have limits to how fast you can go, dead zones , etc. A bit more like real life. And that’s freaking hard. A 4200 McCree on PC, often struggles with comp at all on console.

And that’s because the game is already an easy game, but pc has so much more baked into the platform. From ptr allowing more insight, to frames, to precision.

Ultimately, to me, the comparison would be like if PC was gymnastics, console is ice skating.

Where ice skating is seen as lesser, and have less abilities and more regulation than gymnastics, they both require a high level of skill. However , it is much easier to backflip on floor, than a half inch blade on ice. So gymnastics does more, gets more, and ice skating is kind of seen as more delicate despite having to account for more, having more risks, and requiring more awareness.

I love gymnastics. But there’s a challenge in ice skating I find more satisfying to achieve.

I had a PC, but the experience plus the value of a console is just too good to pass .

1 Like

Guys ask to blizzard for cross play between XBOX, PS4 and switch : )

Switch population is very less now compared to when it launch. Most of my friends have gone back to playing paladins and splatoon 2

To be honest. I feel the nintendo switch version have more players than XBOX.

On nintendo switch i can find matches on “Arcade-modes” pretty fast then on QP i can find matches instant on Tank-Support.

Sadly on XBOX “QP classic” is the only mode can find matches quickly. Even on QP 2-2-2 as tank-support that takes 2-3 minutes.

I would love OW be part of the "Ultimate-Game-pass". In general i feel switch, ps4 and xbox need crossplay

1 Like

Nope pc cost a lot more then consoles cost .

Xbox I had long queue times on European server where I am located . PS4 in Europe has lowest queue times and you find games comepetitive or casuals very quickly .
For Nintendo switch my queue times would sky rocket and you will only find games quicker if going with tank in casual and competitive once I sit around 1 hour and could not find a game .i finally gave up and uninstalled the game

lol what? You’re talking about 6-800 dollars in consoles, 120$ in 2 copies of overwatch. Lets say 300$ for a cheaper but not bottom tier tv. That’s like 1200$. My PC is relatively high end and cost me about 1200$. You could get a PC that could run overwatch perfectly for like 600$.

Like everybody has a tv and you can do multiple things on a tv .while for monitor you specifically buy it for pc .you don’t do anything other with that .

so yeah consoles become a lot cheaper . I have all three consoles and still I have spend less then what I would had spend buying a pc .

Actually for me “Overwatch on XBOX-X” have the best price-value. 4K, HDR, 60 solid FPS for 399 USD on mexico you can find that on 349.

Of course playing OW on pc at 144hz-240hz will beat in terms of performance the X version but there is not a single PC on the world can run OW at 4k, HDR, 60 FPS for 399 usd on “MAX GRAPHICS SETTINGS”

Also is posible make a PC with 450 USD to run OW at 144hz with a Intel I3, 8 GB DDR4 dual-channel ram, SSD 240 GB, RX 570 amd. This PC can totally run OW to 175-240 FPS on medium settings