Console players unite!

PS4, id get better performance on this ps4 i pnly bought for persona 5, then on a $500+ pc, also my bestie plays ps4 OW with me.

Because two of those series started on Consoles, Fortnite is like 90% little kids, most of who are on consoles. Thats not shade towards consoles, thats just how I experienced it, also why I switched to PC.

PS4. As for why, I’ve been playing on PlayStation since the PS1 days, and when I got my PS4 back in 2016, it had nothing to do with Overwatch, I got it so I could play Kingdom Hearts 3 whenever that came, plus a few other games. And personally I just don’t like PC gaming. Far more bugs and issues than on console, especially when you can’t afford those fancy gaming computers.

Console ps4 i have aleays played on console and honestly i really dony see any different between pc and ps4 yea you got these PC elitest but doesnt bother me just because they use a mouse ansd keyboard doesnt make.them better its just different hardware

Xbox

I’ve played a lot of pc, ps and other platforms but, I’ve seemed to settle on the Xbox.

Gears, Battlefield, Halo and some COD have rewarded me with some great friendships over the years.

As somebody stated already about the lazy boy and big screen, it just suits my man cave better.

PS4.

On PS4 because I only have a laptop that wouldn’t be able to play Overwatch if I wanted to. Not only that, I’m not good at m+kb.

Quite satisfied, because I don’t have anything to compare it to.

Controllers are not a practical control input for an FPS, and console players cry that M&KB is “cheating”. So it’s really not surprising.

Yes cause of how it feels to play comfortably with a controller (even tho you can plug one into a PC port)

but a BIG no when it comes to latency. getting killed around corners sucks. it always has. something ive had to accept for a long time.

PS4 here. c-s3nsatlon (l = lowercase L)

I’ve played on all platforms. Prefer console because PC was giving me arthritis and brain diarrhoea at the same time. I did make it to GM though, as a Mercy OTP.

I prefer console because my friends are all on it, the META is less ridiculous and I’ve been top 500 on console for both XBOX and PS4. That roughly equates to nothing in the PC world and I sure do love to show off. :stuck_out_tongue:

A PC as powerful as a console costs about the same as a console, maybe slightly more, but you don’t have to pay for a yearly subscription

Then don’t, there aren’t that many launcher exclusives worth playing and the majority of them can be gotten from 1 extra launcher

You typically upgrade a PC less often than you’d buy a new console

Not really that difficult with some research ahead of time, but pre-built PCs are pretty reasonably priced these days

Guess that comes down to preference, but KB&M is absolutely more practical for an FPS, and you can still use controllers for most games anyways

You get that even moreso on PC, since you can play games and use your computer for everything else at the same time

Im a console player, i like it, but wish they would balance console different then a pc.

Everytime phara is picked (especially pharmercy), the enemy team need 3 hitscans to deal with her, and to pray 1 of them can aim (im a diamon player, you have no idea how much dps players cant aim with a joystick even on this rank, including myself). A good phara can win against 3 decent hitscans easily on console and its very annoying.

I hate the part that everyone looking up and trying to shoot that birdy off, while the rest of the enemy team suddenly have a free pass to procceed on the ground - with no dps to counter attack them.

PS4 support main here. I can’t aim at all, so playing support comes very naturally for me on a console. I also have PC, but it’s more of a potato and everything looks terrible on it, and even though aiming is better, the frames are so slow I miss everything anyway. : D so console it is. Not playing as much as I used to, as I’m only gold rank and smurfs and keyboard+mouse users are ruining many of those games, making them unfun.

• Console players, what platform are you on?

PS4

Why are you on Xbox/PS4/Switch instead of PC?

My gaming pc was stolen and my laptop isn’t fit for running games.

Are you satisfied with Overwatch on console?

Hell effing no. Overwatch menus are by far the worst out of all the games in my library – unresponsive, slow to load and navigate, buggy (avoided players not showing etc.) and unpredictable due to nonexistent dead zones and random scrolling. Misclicks are common thanks to selection shifting on you at the last moment. No squelch chat option. Plus the eventual m&kb cheaters you inevitably come across.

Once the match starts it’s ok and potentially even fun, but everything else sucks.

Xbox user, because I want my gaming time to actually be about gaming, not fussing with drivers and ini settings and other malarky

Insert disc, play

Or get Gamepass and skip the disc part

It’s also way cheaper, and you get way WAY less sweaty tryhards

1 Like

That doesn’t happen, surely people are just content to let others enjoy whate…

…oh. Never mind.

3 Likes

Yup. And those replies you quoted were toward my comment. I swear, every time I hop on a “Console thread” on here, theres always at least one PC player trying to “convert” me by telling me how amazing they think PC is and/or how inferior Console is and all that.

It gets old pretty quick. Haha.

But, what do I expect on a Forum for a game from a company thats always had a “PC First” mentality? That kind of thing is going to attract those “PC Master Race” people. So, im not surprised. Just annoyed. Haha.

I think it’s as much just because humanity loves to look for any reason to dump on each other.

I’m just glad we’ve mostly evolved beyond the petty “console wars” bs.

3 Likes

I play on xbox. I honestly just like being able to sit on a couch, when I lean over my computer for too long my back hurts lmao. I think overall I’m satisfied with it but there are some things that could be improved

Ow is PC oriented because it’s made by Blizzard. Every single one of their IP’s are made for Pc first. Ow just follows that.

1 Like

PS4 here.

Gaming with a controller is what I prefer. If I bought a gaming PC, I’d have to learn how to use mouse and keyboard. Not a big deal, but it’s like learning a whole other language. I’m satisfied with Overwatch on console as I don’t really know anything different.

1 Like