Console players unite!

Why is console practically non-existent to the Overwatch scene? I used to play on PC but it broke down so had to switch to Xbox. Needless to say I’ve never looked back at getting a PC cause i was satisfied and tweaking errors on PC is annoying af.

It’s sad to see console players are few and far between. So a few points:

• Console players, what platform are you on?
  • Why are you on Xbox/PS4/Switch instead of PC? Are you satisfied with Overwatch on console?
18 Likes

Xbox because I’m not rich enough to get a pc and I enjoy Overwatch

6 Likes

Not a console player,

But i would feel like adding that Overwatch was originally released for PC so console would be in this case a second line of product.

Of course more tweaking should be done, but we don’t know why this isn’t done.

I’d like to play console one day, it actually seems like a more enjoyable platform.

Like, COD, Battlefield and Fortnite etc. have a massive scene on Console. Why is Overwatch so PC-oriented?

COD played a big field in consoles before PC’s became a larger thing.

Battlefield, well that’s unknown for me really. So can’t say much about it.

Fortnite, doesn’t it have cross-play? It should be optimized to the fullest on both.

1 Like

I would have learned how to play PC for Overwatch, but I am very happy it came to Playstation. It was more affordable (and easy) to get two copies of the $60 dollar game and a second television… And a second console… And a second Playstation plus.

And people wonder why not everyone is on PC. The price for a good one is just insane when console more or less gives you a high quality experience without any effort or additional cost.

I know there are some pc wizards that can make good ones cheap, but I just do not have the time or energy to learn about all the different aspects that go into it.

As for being satisfied… The game lived 3 and a half years and will surely survive until its fourth anniversary. I NEVER expected that for console. So yes, I am extremely happy.

7 Likes

PS4
The devs stopped balancing for console like 6 months into this game. Since then I’ve just placed my opinion like everyone else does here without really pointing it out. People can easily find out if I am or not. The balance of this game on console actually feels better than what I imagine pc feels like. Now my opinion is based on forums, streamers, and YouTube videos, and stats from overbuff.

I don’t have a pc because PS4 has the best games around.

1 Like

I play on PS4 despite having plenty of PCs more than capable of running OW.

I’m already in front of my PCs all day writing code, I’m not going to bother with playing on my PCs as well.

3 Likes

Overwatch released May 24th in 2016 for all systems except switch. It also came with an open beta.

8 Likes

Well then, that’s a fair response.

I’d still like to think at that time PC’s were still put as a main thing around that time. But it recently has been balancing out to normal again.

Maybe they still need to figure out what’s fair to do for the community.

I played on Xbox starting at year 1 Christmas, and never stopped. I just started PC a few months ago but console will always be my favorite and more fun

It’s kind of a pill all console players just need to swallow. Overwatch has an esport centered around pc play and in the early years this game was carried by Streamers all on pc. PC is and will remain the center point of overwatch. Now it does suck they said the would gives each pc and console separate balance changes, but they ended up doing it twice maybe three times, and never did it again really.

2 Likes

Xbox and I’ve been an xbox player all my life and don’t see any point in switching to pc

Nollaig Shona Duit! ~WildPants

1 Like

I don’t think the game needs huge balance changes. Maybe nerf non-aim required abilities. I feel like Moira is much harder to deal with on console than on PC. The Pharah myth is a myth, Pharah in counterable in console, and hitscan aim is pretty good as well. The biggest problem plaguing console is the smurf issue. Once you hit diamond, everyone is a smurf and most games are decided by who has the best smurf or the Widow using M&K. It makes the game super unfun to play.

6 Likes

ive spent way 2 much money on my xbox to move to pc, add me and lets play :blush: my gt is Lief

Actually, I may as well ask if Switch is active atm? Mainly QP? I’ve always been tempted to come over but afraid that its dead lol

Playstation

I’ve primarily played playstation my whole life. I’ve started with ps2, then ps3, and now ps4. As much as I love playstation as it was my main childhood I’d ditch it for pc if I had the chance. Main reason being that pc overwatch to nearly better in every way

• Less smurfs
  • Bigger playerbase
  • Being able to play PTR
  • It’s where most of the pro scene is focused

Added!

20 characters

I don’t think anything will happen sadly.

But, Moira could use a damage nerf. Or an orb rework. Just the damage one. I wouldn’t mind a sombra damage buff. But not really needed either. Idk. Overall it’s actually pretty balanced when aim capabilities are lowered via joysticks.

A huge part of this is because Blizzard has always been about PC gaming. Aside from Diablo, I can’t even think of another console release under Blizzard’s title in the passed decade and a half. If it’s a Blizzard game, it’s usually intended to be played on PC with console being secondhand.