Competitive Lucio Ball

Hey everyone,

I would like to know how squads are working in this game mode.

I wanted to queue with my friends, when we saw that our Sr were disparate, but we were all in placement matchs and we were all around diamond in 2017, so we don’t understand why we can’t play together.

But the thing that most surprised me were when I stayed with 2 guys after a competitive match, we played together as soloqueue and after the match we decided to stay as a team, but we were unable to start an other game, our sr were too disparate. What is surprising because we played together last game (everyone was in placement matches).

So this is why I’m posting here, is it a bug or did we ignore a rule about this game mode ?

Thank you for reading.

Tretan

2 Likes

There’s other threads reporting this as well:

Hoping that one of them gets Blizzard to notice this issue.

Here’s my informaiton:
The same is happening to my friends and I as well.

Copa Season 1 end scores:
Me: 4003
Friend 1: 4005
Friend 2: 3925
Friend 3: 3624

If Me, Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it allows.
If Me and Friend 1 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 2 group up it denies.

We can’t figure out what could be causing this. All of us also have not played Normal Competitive mode in a couple seasons, so it’s not like last year’s bug where it’s related to the present season rank. Additionally, we are able to play normal Overwatch Competitive mode as a group, but not Copa Lucioball. All friends are last diamond rank in Competitive OW (3000SR due to degredation), and my last SR in it was Gold (2156).

1 Like

So this is a bug, thx you for your respond :slight_smile:

I think it’s a bug. Apparently it’s “as designed” and occurred back in CTF Comp. However, no one has explained how it’s designed and how to solve the issue outside of suggesting it’s due to the “Hidden MMR”, which is just bull. Only other reasoning I’ve figured is that it’s blocking you from placements due to normal Overwatch Comp, but I’m not blocked from grouping in that mode when I’m blocked from grouping with the same users in Copa.

Same, I can Queue with them in normal competitive mode but not in Copa

I just would like either Blizzard to fix this issue, or explain why it’s happening and how to resolve it without saying “Oh, you have to play normal OW Comp”. Which it doesn’t say anywhere is how to resolve it. It just says “Your SR is too far apart” without saying which SR it is, how to solve that issue without doing placement matches in either mode, or anything of the sort.