Climbing from Gold Hell (with recorded games)

Well I dont think changing your sens is not a big thing unless you tune it up to unplayable amounts or same downward. Ive changed my sens from uh… I think I started with 24k edpi and Im now down to 4,8k edpi. But I was playing tanks and healers mostly before I started playing dps a lot more and I just couldnt hit so I had to change it dramatically (I already lowered it a lot playing tanks & heals, but the biggest change came after staring to play more dps). Also had to buy new large mouse mat before I made my last adjustment lol.

But yeah age matters and its person to person.

I decided that I will not be recording all my games from two reasons. Its time consuming and honestly I dont think people would want to watch all of them and I dont have time to rewatch them either. So I will keep updating my progress in here but only by text, occasionaly I will record games. So far I am still climbing, this last session was up and down but I think I can push higher. When I will be stuck I will ask for help here and record some games so people can review that and maybe help. If you want to read more, give me tips or just say anything related, dont forget to comment :slight_smile:**

GAME 52 - Hollywood - 2506 SR (playing Mei)
4 DPS, 1 tank 1 support, Reinhardt player left after first round, ragequit, reported. DEFEAT -22 SR.

GAME 53 - Ilios - 2485 SR (playing Mei)
We were steamrolled 0:2, DEFEAT -21 SR.

GAME 54 - Rialto - 2464 SR (playing Mei)
Dps blamed, 0:2, it was actully funny because enemy team had two of my friends, DEFEAT -21 SR.

GAME 55 - Temple of Anubis - 2488 SR (playing Mei)
Result 2:0, VICTORY +24 SR.

GAME 56 - Dorado - 2513 SR (playing Mei/Widowmaker)
We had 1 guy leaving twice but he came back every time after while, 5:3, VICTORY +25 SR.

GAME 57 - Blizzard World - 2489 SR (playing Mei)
0:1, DEFEAT -24 SR.

GAME 58 - Oasis - 2516 SR (playing Mei/McCree)
2:1, VICTORY +27 SR.

GAME 58 - Horizon Lunar Colony - 2497 SR (playing Mei/Widow)
0:2, DEFEAT -19 SR.

GAME 59 - King´s Row - 2472 SR (playing Mei/Widow/McCree)
4:5, DEFEAT -25 SR.

GAME 60 - Ilios - 2455 SR (playing Pharah/Widow/McCree)
Playing in 6 stack with some friends, potg, 1:2, DEFEAT -17 SR.

GAME 61 - Numbani - 2479 SR (playing Soldier/McCree)
Playing in 6 stack with some friends, 4:3, VICTORY +24 SR.

GAME 62 - Numbani - 2503 SR (playing McCree)
Playing in 6 stack with some friends, potg, 3:2, VICTORY +24 SR.

1 Like

Hey GG, i like your gameplay i learn a lot about Mei with you.

I found enemy soldier too low… i liked your decisions and your team was good mainly Genji and Zarya.

And general: that is why we should not be paired with low levels. They will be either smurf or throwers. Look that Zen that doesnt know what is Discorded, i play Zen as a secondary for carry when dps is bad and i know everything from ULt healing until dmg with discord or without it…

Another 5 games after few days pause. Wasnt very good, I went little bit down in SR

GAME 63 - Junkertown - 2513 SR (playing McCree/Widowmaker)
Terrible team comp in defense. I totaly carried my team. We had 4 dps and roadhog as tank+moira as support. Some other guy picked rein after they steamrolled us almost to second point where I stopped them with 5 kills, 3:2. It was better after that. I had to forget to write down one game I believe, because there is no way I gained only 10 SR. VICTORY +10 SR.

GAME 64 - Horizon Lunar Colony - 2485 SR (playing McCree)
Very bad game. I kind of lost it and blamed tanks. Especially our reinhardt, I could not do much too becuase we were very disorganized, we Could not take first point. DEFEAT -28 SR.

GAME 65 - Hollywood - 2465 SR (playing McCree)
We werent able to capture first point. Their Symetra+Reinhardt were doing a lot. I didnt understand that, because that duo were in my team last game and they didnt play good at all. We had good hold, but eventually we lost it. DEFEAT -20 SR.

GAME 66 - Ilios - 2489 SR (playing McCree)
Team talking and working well together, people were even willing to switch for win. VICTORY 2:0, +24 SR.

GAME 67 - Hanamura - 2473 SR (playing McCree)
I think I played very well this game, did only very little mistakes but we lost in second round by c9. Our tanks sadly ignored high ground so we were constantly under disadvantage. DEFEAT 3:2, -16 SR.

Btw here is my potg from first game.

Hello Mr “I have 48483829 years of gaming but can’t escape gold” how are you, still gold?

if your getting 20+ sr on wins and less than 20 on a loss it shows it its not as much you that caused the loss. Its more your teammates. Just keep grinding. Im masters player it takes 1-2 days (playing 4-6 hours a day) to get from low-plat high-gold to diamond. To masters from diamond takes about another 6-8 hours average (if leaver trolls and toxic players are an issue it can take longer).

I watched your McCree video. Dont expect that to be what carries you to Diamond. You rarely see McCrees get away with that type of play past 2600 unless your fighting against utter trash, overplayed players or throwers. Ull be lucky to get 1-2 kills with ur ulti.

Its pretty simple. Hes average. No hours isnt going to get you above average if you dont own a brain.

1 Like

I played another 5 games while ago. I dropped back to gold and had Gold icon, but I made it back to Platinum two games after. I really hoped to make new season high last game because I was 1 SR from season high but no. Overwatch gods made one of our team mates to leave.

GAME 68 - Rialto - 2454 SR (playing McCree/Widowmaker)
NOTE: And I am back to Gold rank lol. DEFEAT -19 SR.

GAME 69 - Lijiang Tower - 2473 SR (playing McCree)
NOTE:Strange, I gained only 19 for this game. I didnt have gold medals but I did good. I guess maybe some did better in my team so less stats for me or idk. 2:1, VICTORY +19 SR.

GAME 70 - Numbani - 2501 SR (playing McCree)
NOTE: And I am back to Platinum hehe. We had nice friendly team , people talking and cooperating. 3:0, VICTORY +28 SR.

GAME 71 - Volskaya Industries - 2527 SR (playing McCree/Zarya)
NOTE: Funny friendly team, people cooperating, overextending like crazybut we made it in next rounds,enemy sym blamed team after they lost. I am 1 SR from season high. 3:2, VICTORY +26 SR.

GAME 72 - Junkertown - 2509 SR (playing McCree/Widowmaker)
NOTE: Sad game, we could but we had leaver after first round. Others left shorty after and I had discussion with enemy team. They wanted me to leave and they claimed I would lose 25 anyway. Game ended and I lost only 18 SR. Why should I leave for them and lose 25 lol. Sure, 1 SR from season high and i get leaver… . 0:2, DEFEAT -18 SR.

1 Like

Might be worth submitting a vod. If your SR gains aren’t great you need to get better at gaming the system if nothing else.

Here is another 5 games I still played yesterday, some of them with my friend, I made new season high 2539 SR. I decided to write down all my problems in games after every match and I will try to be working on them and reminding them to me in next game. I still feel like I am able to climb, its just matter of time. When I feel like I am stuck I will place vod here :). If you want to see more, read more, give me tips or just say anything related, dont forget to comment :slight_smile:

GAME 73 - Hanamura - 2539 SR (playing Widowmaker)
NOTE: Silent game, not one beep from others, we did very good at defendind second point. I did new season high. 2:1, VICTORY +30 SR.

GAME 74 - Horizon Lunar Colony - 2514 SR (playing McCree)
NOTE: Playing with one friend who is Diamond on his Main, his alt is high Gold. 3:4, VICTORY -25 SR.

GAME 75 - Temple of Anubis - 2514 SR (playing McCree/Widowmaker)
NOTE: Playing with one friend who is Diamond on his Main, his alt is high Gold. We felt like our Rein is too passive, he was just waiting for a pick to charge in. 2:2, DRAW +0 SR.

GAME 76 - Dorado - 2492 SR (Widowmaker)
NOTE: Playing with one friend who is Diamond on his Main, his alt is high Gold. I think I could do better this game, I was getting picks but not Enough I guess, they had one very good guy on hitscan heroes. 1:2, DEFEAT -22 SR.

GAME 77 - Dorado - 2519 SR (Widowmaker/Reaper)
NOTE: Playing with one friend who is Diamond on his Main, his alt is high Gold. I absolutely rocked this game, as widow and as Reaper, I had 22 000 damage and 65 eliminations, potg with 6 man kill :D. 3:1, VICTORY +27 SR.

Check my potg below

2 Likes

Exactly, but he prefers calling everyone else trash because they don’t have his :sparkles:godlike aim :sparkles:

God like aim in gold :smiley: I mean you have to be heavily mentally handicapped in order to stay in gold with god like aim if you play dps heroes. Like long range smg widow level. Or play mercy and just say you have godlike aim :smiley:

What up Basso. I remember I challenged you to 1v1 with Ashe, but you said you don’t play Ashe at diamond level so I rescinded my challenge. But I started picking up Tracer again and I feel like I’m playing her at a diamond level now and wanted to challenge you to 1v1 with Tracer, since you said she is one of your mains.

I want to see what you think about my Tracer & any tips you could give me to make that push from plat to diamond. Are you up for it?

Uhhh I guess? What region were you?

Yeah I notice games where they get roadblock me and others switching to deal with whatever is roadblocking us even if it makes a dumb comp work.

71 percent winrate at 2544 sr 2 tricking Ashe/Tracer, Ashe for when our long range fails to focus turret or pharmercy and there is too much highground for tracer, tracer most of the time for self sustain and high damage.

Definitely have good aim/dps skills under your belt and forget 2-2-2 if uou k ow you can pull out a win

2 Likes

GENJIASS and Basso, what is wrong with you guys? :thinking:If you cant help the guy or do not enjoy this topic, please leave it be, we dont need your negativity on the forums, its enough to have players like you in the game… :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:
@Zax, your Mei and McCree are above gold and plat level if you watch it mechanicly, but not sure about the impact you can give to the game in order to win. For example, my Genji, according to my stats, is pretty bad but im carrying games with it and few times that helped me reach diamond, so focus on what you need to improve to get more impact in the games. Sadly, like every seasson showd us that intelligente picks and stuff like peeling, right target priority, good positioning and good sense for engaging/disengaging are wining games more than good individual mechanicall skills and great aim. For example, McCree’s headshoots and some easy picks can carry games but you cant always rely on it plus Cree can get countered pretty fast if he gets dived by multiple sides… Try to focus more on meta and proved counterpicks rather than onetricking something if you really want to climb. I know you are getting more and lose less but sometimes you will lose way more that will deny your extra rewared points. Im similar rank to yours but still managed to escape plat lot of times, lets say my average SR is a bit over 3000, as I counted on all the accounts.

Also, no need to waste time on people who spread negativity here or in games, just play your game, focus on the things that giving you source of fun and try to play under the meta rules in order to secure more victories (Yes, im not the one who should tell you this since im playing few picks lately but you are one who invest time in recording and posting here so i guess you have strong will to push the limits).
Thank you for reading and good luck :wave: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You high bro? Share that s*it.

We’re not being negative without reason, the Yvel guy is a toxic person who belittles people in gold (his own rank) for being worse than him, calling himself a god for having played FPS titles for super long, yet he can’t climb out of gold (which he blames the matchmaker for)
He’s also just p rude.

I’d give Zax advice, but he’s doing good climbing consistently, I don’t think he needs much help tbh, and what I can give him has already been said.

I think they were commenting that other guy who posted here.

@Basso and @GENJIASS take my deep appologise then, i misunderstood something, sorry.

Yes Zax is making solid progress… Yet im still struggling to get my as* in diamond again, still 90 SR to go…

1 Like