Chipsa talks about the PTR DF nerfs

This thread has some clips you should watch.

All I mention was what was wrong with her, like saying in the aforementioned example “Sombra could do with a faster hack too” (not saying she should)

He needed nerfs, that I feel in inarguable (even Chipsa admitted there that the right click is OP) but my god were these nerfs harsh and just the wrong nerfs.

His dmg was basically fine, the only issue was CC and yet they have made his dmg trash, his mobility simplistic and his CC while weaker is actually still there, as is the one-shot. This may be the worst balancing they have done and I’m including Mercy 2.0 there (it’s close but maybe).

Also for the record I’m a tank main who hates Doom and has wanted to see him nerfed hard but this…I’m lost for words.

Doomfist won’t be played anymore, he has pretty much received the Roadhog nerf pre breather buff.

Too many nerfs in the wrong area.

In all honesty simply reducing his shield buff and reducing he aerial immobility duration to maybe 0.8 would have been a good start.

Leaving ult damage/radius the same but putting in a bit more of a delay may have been all that was necessary for it.

Maybe a bit more of an audio cue when he was coming in for his E and that would be it.

Right click is telegraphed enough, it often is just like ‘bait the hook’ which is quite viable, maybe enforced a minimum charge up time so you can’t do those mini swift right clicks?

When people complained about right click being OP, Doomfist players were really quick to point out that it’s mostly used for mobility, and slam is more reliable…
So which is it?

fine you want brandito?

Here:Doomfist seismic slam distance reduction sends him to F tier and then some

he already talked about how if the slam nerfs alone go through that DF will be F tier

Widow can end you immediately at any distance. Hook and Venom Mine are both selfish abilities that only benefit Widow.

Reins shield benefits himself, but is mostly to, yknow, tank for his team. His firestrike is one of his only reliable ways of getting ult charge. Again. Apples to oranges. Or in Widows case, blueberries.

I didn’t say weak. Weaker. Dooms kit is becoming weaker because it’s too strong coupled with the fact that his punch is basically a free kill on any squishy with no mobility or real defensive options.

Even immobile heroes can move away from Reins charge. Even if he’s basically close range. That is a massive difference in power levels.

Thats what i thought but I’m terrible at Doomfist even now. He just doesn’t click for me and probably never will. So I figured I would ask.

Okay, he actually got a damage fall off, which I forgot about.
So he no longer has along range shotgun I guess.

1 Like

He needs to stand still for 1 second

He yells loudly

He can only travel horizontally

He needs to hit you into a wall

1 Like

Ya I noticed that while watching the video, I could have sworn they made it smaller but I wasn’t sure. Thank you for clarifying!

Maybe you could summarize the video for others who don’t want to watch the full thing. It’s basically 15 minutes long but is mostly him repeating himself.

tl;dw: The nerfs have probably made him less fun for the DF player, the nerfs potentially make DF unviable, rocket punch is the one ability he believes should have been nerfed and it’s not been touched.

It’s kinda OP. Tbh any one-shot that isn’t a headshot or ult is a problem. Even Rein in his own way and that is way less powerful/reliable than Dooms. It was not however so OP as to need major work done to it. It wasn’t perfect but it was fine.

here

1 Like

I like how you left out the immobile hero part to try to make a point that falls on its face without the full quote. Quite the cherry picker you are.

Saying he can’t get a read on the punch is like saying projectile heroes can’t get a read on a moving target, which we both know isn’t the case.

1 Like

Being loud alone doesn’t mean there is a counter play.
It’s really hard to avoid even when you know he is coming, due to his big ability hitboxes.

What hero has both no mobility nor defensive options?

Stand on a box, use cover. If you hear him don’t peak the corner.

See my previous message

Zenyatta is one example

This is why you cant make doomfist or briggite threads, salty people who refuse to adapt to the hero or switch off will come and say stuff like

“LUL BIASED X MAIN”
“finally game playable again”
“F tier, where he diserves to be”
“Nerf more, not enough until he´s useless”

Again…i think it would be much better to get a group of people and start up a Overwatch: debate discord, where we can debate stuff in between people who arent super bias all the time… The devs dont read anything we say anyways, so we might as well talk within ourselves

2 Likes