ChipSa says that Genji didn't need a buff

Basically he says that Genji was fine and it was powercreep that’s been holding him back. I know there’s a lot of complaint threads about Genji and because I’m feeling toxic and I want to see some drama on the forums here you go. Also talks about Doomfist with the same reason later.

33 Likes

I dont think you’re causing any drama I’m pretty sure everyone agrees with this sentiment. This is a happy alternative for some, however.

43 Likes

That’s depressing.

(also yeah im sure people including genji players like me dont agree with the buffs i was just seeing if there were any genji elitists remaining in the forums)

4 Likes

Isn’t Chipsa that toxic AF player who blames everyone else on his poor gameplay decisions and his inclusion in the OWL was basically a meme?

I don’t know that I trust him enough to take his perspective on balance seriously

26 Likes

He acts toxic for content, but most of the time on his streams he’s fine… usually. I mean I personally am fine with him although his toxicity can sometimes get out of hand (like how he was responsible for starting the sleepy hate thing although he was technically justified on that)

3 Likes

I think there are two groups. People who thought he didn’t need any buffs, and people who thought he didn’t need buffs but wouldn’t mind them if everyone else wasn’t going to get nerfed.

I miss the old game

2 Likes

Literally saw a few clips of him in a stream compilation a few days ago. You can’t convince me he isn’t like that the overwhelming majority of the time

If it makes you feel any better he’s playing Minecraft right now trying to tame wolv— nevermind he’s killing all the wolves.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, there are enough genji mains claiming that his pickrate is high due to his popularity.

You may get some drama :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I think a lot of people agree with that.

But Blizzard would have to nerf many dps AND supports for Genji to not be out damage creeped, and you know what happens when supports get nerfed for being too powerful.

2 Likes

It’s a stream persona, everyone who watches him knows that the reactions aren’t serious. When he is speaking about balance from a serious perspective like here, the persona is off. I think he knows enough about what he’s talking about.\

Please explain to me how a couple ten second clips taken from a 6+ hour stream says anything about the “majority of the time.” ??? You can convince yourself, just watch the stream.

Or if you don’t want to, then don’t talk when you have no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

The Genji buff made me lose faith in Blizzard.

I agree that genji was weak. I am not upset that genji is now pushed. Hes a fun hero that takes skill.

What bothers me is that the Genji buff is such a PERFECT encapsulation of the power creep problem. If Blizzard acknowledged the power creep issue, they would NEVER have implemented that genji buff. The fact that they did anyone proves that they either A) dont see it or B) dont care.

6 Likes

Why would you need to nerf any supports, who are all on par or weaker than they were during Dive?

Mercy heals less, Moira heals less, Ana heals less, Baptiste wasn’t even out and didn’t match Moira’s launch levels

Lucio and Zen remain almost 1:1 the same with very small differences

Brig is the only big difference, and Immortality Field

9 Likes

yeah exactly, and he still calls out sleepy…

2 Likes

But he’s a consistent 4.6 to 4.7k peak player who was a T500 genji player before Doom came out so…

Like him or not, he definitely has credibility when it comes to talking about Genji balance, and it was a pretty good take :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

its not 100% more healing per se, but new healing mechanics

so winston having 60 DPS used to be threatening when mercy and ana could only heal one person at a time, so when the situation arose that he would be cleaving his damage across multiple enemies, that was EXTREMELY threatening.

Now moira, baptiste, even just brig can outheal that to all of their teammates

baptiste can fully stop someones death, and his own teams death. Tucking immortality gives you an entire 8 seconds of value with no way to shut it down.

Ana can heal someone from 1 HP to full with one button press while giving them a damage amp and damage mitigation

brigittes ability to provide armor mitigates the damage of the majority of the roster in the game who dont do more than 50 damage per shot

new sustain mechanics are what caused sustain creep

toxic for content > throwing for content

3 Likes

I mean the being toxic thing doesn’t effect other players in the game since it’s mostly directed towards the hero, and less the people playing, or more just directed at the audience for entertainment

He still tries to win games. He doesn’t like, jump off the map because he got poked for 40 damage and then go all “Oops lol :slight_smile:

Imo even if all the other heroes got nerfed genji would still need a buff to his kit.

ok but do you know how freaking stupid he sounds when he says
“THiS iS SuCh aN ImPorTaNt TeAmFiGhT”

Isnt chipsa that annoying guy that complains when he gets hard countered?

1 Like