Charactersrequi

The forums have a pretty large cross section of the player base.

Sure people come here to complain, but it doesn’t invalidate it as a reasonable tool.

It is like overbuff, people who don’t like the results it gives LOVE to say it’s sample size is too small, however, other trackers give the same results, and they are sampling different people.

As far as Mercy goes, you can see the massive drop in pick rate she had from v1.0 to current.

Her win rate used to be pretty bad, but, she had a MASSIVE following. Now she has a better win rate, but lose a whole lot of players.

The complains on the forums is good for giving you the reason that happened.

She had a unique playstyle designed within an inch of its life to work for the “lots of plates in the air” crowd.

She appealed to the ‘lots of plates in the air at once’ style of players.

The issue there is, you have to be really careful with gameplay for them. They are the people who play your faster shopkeeper style games, rythem shooters etc.

All good so far, but if change the hero so it no longer targets those players and don’t have a replacement, you will see what we saw here.

A LOT of complaining, and a massive drop in pick rates, even though the hero is ‘stronger’

I expect they lost the origional designer, and didn’t understand the choices that were made around the hero.

2 Likes

PersonalIy, i find rez to be well balanced in its current state, and i would not want this iconic ability removed from her

1 Like

I dont see current Mercy as garbage, far from it in fact

As i see it, she is fun and balanced in her current state…so we do indeed have both right now

1 Like

I’ve looked at the results of the various mercy surveys, they don’t show that at all and… How would it show it?

What is the question and answer you drew

Because your pulling that entirely out of your booty.

2 Likes

Not everyone agrees she has problems, and those who do see problems dont all agree on what those problems are

2 Likes

They do…

It literally asked if you main Mercy.

I mean here’s just one of them where the conclusion came out to be

“43.8% of players want some form of Revert to Mass Res (with or without tweaks)”

1 Like

This isnt a Mercy problem, rather, it is a problem with the onfire engine.

And you drew the conclusion…

From that?
How did you get from one to the other?

Try opening the link. It answers it for you

1 Like

So let me get this straight. From what I’ve gathered by reading all the replies is, someone is entitled when they want/suggest changes to a hero they no longer enjoy? In what world does that make sense? And please tell me why it’s acceptable to shut down any and every single one of those people with a “She’s balanced and I find her fun, deal with it” but someone voicing out their more than valid complaints is somehow seen as something bad?

Yeah, there are some that exaggerate their complaints and act like Mercy is a whole new character but no matter what any Mercy main says, it always boils down to “Mass Rez isn’t coming back. Get gud. Play another hero.” Like thanks Captain Obvious, we know Mass Rez isn’t coming back and we are playing other heroes. Doesn’t mean we’re suddenly fine with Mercy’s state just because we started playing someone else. And at this point, there’s more posts complaining about us than us complaining about Mercy.

7 Likes

Paying for a copy of OW only gives one a licence to play the game as it is defined and regularly altered by Blizzard

It does not entitle the purchaser the ability to play a static version of a character…or even that a beloved character will continue to exist in the game

1 Like

I did.

The conclusion was…

• Almost no Mercy mains want her to be kept as is, whereas, for the rest, 1 in 10 on average want her to to be left alone.

Now…

how do you get

from that? Because you are STILL pulling that out of your booty.

2 Likes

This survey was conducted using improper methodology, and ergo the results are invalid

2 Likes

It also says in the link that 42.2% of the people that responded to the survey identified as mercy mains, which means 57.8% of the respondents main one of 28 other characters (I don’t believe Baptiste was out at the time).
That survey was heavily influenced by mercy mains.

1 Like

She speaks!

Huzzah! :smiley:

1 Like

You say that but, are not big on details about what parts of the methodology you didn’t like - and I’ve never been able to get details out of you.

I know you don’t like the conclusion…

That I agree with - but, you can’t put a gun to peoples heads here to force them to answer. It was pretty widely know about when the survey went off.

You COULD read it as “don’t care - do whatever” from the usual crowd.

1 Like

I avoid posting in mercy threads, in my opinion it’s like arguing politics. You won’t really change anyone’s mind and all it really does is irritate me by the end of it.

2 Likes

Not exactly. General support mains made up a pretty big chunk as well, but at the time, there was a a specific group of people, all in their own private discord who were, for lack of a better word, manipulating the perception of the majority by doing a lot of shady things. False reports on differing opinion, spamming the same threads, using alt accounts, hiding their profiles claiming they’re flex or don’t main mercy, then overbuff would show clearly they nearly one tricked her. It was kind of a mess.

I mean, you’re completely right it was heavily influenced by mercy mains. I just wouldn’t so much trust the other support main catagory’s numbers either.

1 Like

It doesn’t even entitle Blizzard to keep you as a customer.

Ok, and given the survey didn’t back up what you were saying before, you got any kind of proof that people were doing that?

If they were going to stack the survey, you would expect more responses, and the free text field wouldn’t be as varied.

I would. If people didn’t like new Mercy would they still main her?
A lot of them would main other supports by the time the survey was done.

That just makes sense.

1 Like

I was speaking to the consumer experience, not Blizzards

That said, restoring mass rez to placate the revert/rework Mercy folks might well gain them as customers but theyd lose other folks like me

1 Like