Change McCree name back

Cree low
Cassidy low
Cas low
who tf is cas
I just say cree cuz everyone knows anyway

1 Like

that is a very nuanced conversation about patriarchal justice systems that cannot be had over the forums

Dont think its particularly relevant to the major populus. Also generally if they did, they wouldve faced more backlash

Mccree was a cooler sounding cowboy name honestly

6 Likes

None of this is particularly relevant to the major populus.

Faced more backlash? Not if this thread is anything to go by. Shut everyone up pretty quick.

None of what you’re saying has any basis.

Naming a character after a dude in the room is a bad idea in general let alone BAMF. Poor decision making.

It doesnt matter how long it takes.

Just revert it. I will never call him Cassidy, no matter what they do

1 Like

no he wasn’t. He was dug in a chat screenshot on Afrasiabi’s facebook. A chat of an event that took place in 2013, where the dev says nothing wrong at all and it’s still 3 years before OW so if he was a bad apple it should’ve been totally known by the time they named the character.

Ever heard of something called a scapegoat? It’s a favorite in PR disasters.

1 Like

Move on.

The name mcree will never truly die i see mcree written in text chat basically every day and in comms, even in ow2 me and many others will call him cree

1 Like

If you read cassidy’s background story it clearly says that he was originally a serial sexual harasser called Jesse McCree from Texas who was finally caught but before he could be convicted for his deeds he escaped custody and now he calls himself Cole Cassidy and had recently started a new life in Mexico. That’s McCree’s transition from OW1 to OW2 so just appreciate the lore behind the game and know that these colorful characters do have stories of their own!

2 Likes

I feel like changing his name hides the fact that someone named Mcree at blizzard used to sexually harass employees.
Mcree will always remind everyone of this, but Cole Cassidy wont.
Thats their argument of why it should change, but thats my argument of why it SHOULDNT change. Things like this need to be remembered and make people know what blizzard once did do

1 Like

Was he charged and convicted of a crime? The willingness to cancel people based on accusations alone is frightening and not good for society as a whole.

2 Likes

we never stopped calling him mcree

Everyone deadnaming Cassidy. Tsk tsk. Did you ever think about his feelings?

That was their mistake for naming characters after staff members to begin with, everybody knows humans can potentially turn out to be monsters.

Beyond name changes, they have a lot more to worry about seeing as multiple staff members thought it was ‘fine’ to name a hotel suite “The Cosby Suite” and commit violent crimes within it. Them renaming him to a stupid name like “Cassidy” doesn’t even remotely fix what went wrong there.

I mean, he and multiple colleagues named one of their hotel rooms “the Cosby suite” and had more than a few ‘encounters’ w/ women within it. Doesn’t matter if he was convicted, the optics are terrible from a corporate point of view, and the entire point of a corporation is to maximize sales and profits…and having THAT on your name without ‘dealing with it’ will lose you money, big time.

I get that habits are hard to change, but going out of your way to continue to use the old name a year later is pretty gross. The devs are just trying to do the right thing, and you’re stubbornly resisting it simply because change makes you uncomfortable.

2 Likes

It’s this thread again.

2 Likes

So having encounters with women is considered abuse and illegal? It was only bad optics because he was tried and convicted on social media by cancel culture degenerates.