Can't Queue with Friends in Copa Lucio Ball

My friend and I can queue up for ranked together and our Copa Lucio Ball ranks last year were about the same. However, when we tried to queue up together today, the game said “The Skill Level of Your Group Members Is Too Far Apart.” Is this a bug or are we not allowed to queue up?

5 Likes

Same thing here i think its pretty stupid that its taking our Ranked stats for lucioball which is a limited time event hopefully its a bug and not some stupid idea.

1 Like

Even then, my friend and I can queue up for ranked together, so why can’t we queue for Lucio Ball?

The same is happening to my friends and I as well.

Copa Season 1 end scores:
Me: 4003
Friend 1: 4005
Friend 2: 3925
Friend 3: 3624

If Me, Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it allows.
If Me and Friend 1 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 2 group up it denies.

We can’t figure out what could be causing this. All of us also have not played Normal Competitive mode in a couple seasons, so it’s not like last year’s bug where it’s related to the present season rank.

Yeah me and my goalies can’t queue together either and we LITERALLY played all 11 comp Lucio Ball games together last season. Only variance is my goalie d/c’d in the middle of a match, came back and we won but it was still a loss for him and didn’t count for his placement so we did an 11th game.

So player A and B have exact same placement rank, ending rank and high rank. Player G(oalie) has slightly lower, like 20-30 points.

Player A can play with B and B can play with C but C can’t play with A? Even if you look at reg comp, player A is on the high end, B is on the low end and C hasn’t played comp since season 5 and was on the high end then.

Literally none of this makes sense.

They fixed the “Banned” lucio bug, but they haven’t fixed this one. I believe it’s basing it off the present normal Competitive rank since I’m a gold and each of my friends are diamond

That would make sense if not for the fact that none of us are anywhere near 1000 rating apart. I’m the highest and in Plat, one of my friends is high gold and the other hasn’t done comp since s5 and was also plat then. I can play with both of them (individually) in Lucio Ball and comp but only all three of us together in comp.

Simply doesn’t make sense and I hope Blizzard fixes it

Same problem here. My friends and I tried to join Copa Lúcio Ball and it says “The skill level of your group members is too far apart.” We are all Platinum players in regular Competitive, we were all Master players in Lúcio Ball last year and we haven’t played a single Placement game. My friends can queue together, but I can only queue together with one of them. (No, we won’t change teammates)

I agree. My last season was Season 5 ending in Gold (2163), and my friend’s last seasons were degraded Diamonds (3000). Additionally, we are able to group for normal Competitive Season 12, but we are not allowed to group for Copa Lucioball, even though at most one of us is under 500 away from the other in Copa SR, and it won’t even let me group with a friend who is only 2 Copa SR more than me. :frowning:

On Xbox, and I’m having the same issue; the SR group requirements are wonky. I couldn’t play placements with a friend, who was too high in normal competitive, but when I finished Copa Lucioball placements (4042) it let me play we him. We did his placements together, and he finished 3734; I’m now 4150.

Now we can’t play together, although we could while he was in placements. We are within 500, and according to the tier legend that should be fine.