Can you rework ... Practice Range? (or add more AI bots)

Practice Range it’s very cool to try new heroes, abilities and all that but really falls short when it comes to training … can you do a rework to make it more functional?

some examples:

• bots flying like Pharah
  • walking fast from left to right
  • shooting at you
  • with diferent HP to simulate for example tanks
  • etc

In this way the practice range would serve you to train OW’s daily situations, not simply to shoot 4 still bots and other 4 walking very slow.

Another solution would be to add more AI bots. We only have 12 of almost 30 heroes.

Thank you!

805 Likes

There should be immortal dummy like in League of Legends or just really tanky one

87 Likes

Been wanting a practice range rework for a while

126 Likes

100% agree. the practice range has felt outdated for a long time.

I’d like to see (a) bigger, tankier bot(s), bots that can shoot while moving, and bots that shoot different kinds of weapons (some with hit-scan weapons, rockets or even melee damage)

68 Likes

Would also be nice to invite other players to the Practice Range. :slight_smile:

206 Likes

This^ absolutely agree.

23 Likes

There need to be bots with a small hitbox that randomly jump and crouch left and right for practicing those kinds of shots. Also at shorter or longer ranges as the practice for both will be different, or popping in/out of cover.

The one silly thing that bothers me most atm is that the Training mode opening graphic (right before character selection) shows 3 swinging metal target plates in front of the building instead of the 2 bots that are there right now, really should update that.

50 Likes

Nice idea, i hope they do someday

9 Likes

Now I’m mad that I’m out of my daily likes - the Practice Range could definitely use some updating!

Allowing us to use it with friends (as already mentioned) or while queued up for a game would be super lovely.

47 Likes

The answer to these threads is always “lol just play qp” so I doubt the devs will do it even though it’s needed.

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this too, I hope it comes.

3 Likes

What I’m most interested in is bots with more realistic hitboxes. The head hitboxes especailly on the training bots is bigger than the body on many heroes.

They should reuse some of the PVE content they already have to make a proper training room. The enemies from retribution in particular in “passive” mode would be especially good.

33 Likes

The devs need to do this now

6 Likes

Paladins did their practice range well. I wish OW had one like that.

17 Likes

I agree and would also like an option to toggle instant cooldowns.

16 Likes

Bots with armour, shields, and barriers would be nice too. Both friendly and enemy bots for some would be cool

19 Likes

Oh yeah ,and can we have it in custom games please ? that way we’d be able to invite friends and edit whatever we want.

6 Likes

we dont need bots

just put the actuall heroes in the place of bots

a hovering,flying phara

a hooking roadhog

a blinking tracer

it doesnt need to be too complicated
but they can even just stand still as well

i’d rather train on the actual heroes rather then bots

27 Likes

We should get a new map.

2 Likes

I also want a bot that holds a barrier and other bots shooting behind it etc.

More combat scenarios!

8 Likes