Can you guys get this childish and petty mindset out of your brains?

The trouble is that they feel entitled to the role. If they go into games only wanting to shoot… how did that affect old comp? They made others, who also didn’t want to be tank/support play around them, or stubbornly stuck to a role even when it ruined a team comp. If you want people to fill the role you don’t want, you need to also fill the role they don’t want once in a while… that’s fairness. For Overwatch to really work, people need to be willing to do more than play Widow.

Is it their fault that they like playing dps? No. Is it their fault that they will only play dps? Yes.

If all the dps players just played tank/support every… 3 games? Then q-times would be massively reduced. They can still mostly play dps, but for shorter q-times you can’t just stick to the most popular role and expect the rest of the playerbase to pick what you don’t want.

Then wait. Or, practice some different heroes and find something that works for you. Roadhog is basically a dps. Hammond probably matches a dive/harass kind of playstyle that certain dps might like. Ana has a lot of interesting tools and is a highly aim-based support. If you think they’re boring it’s probably cos you want to run off by yourself and get a quad kill by pressing q, and then get potg.

1 Like

It is. Supply and demand. I like how you left that little bit out of it. The game is much better to play now than it ever was now that it has structure.

3 Likes

Clarification: I do not concern myself with any of that at all

It’s not only supply and demand. There is not enough supply to fit the demand, happy? That has to do with the system, as I stated in my reply.

There are other things that contribute to long queue times, as I also listed.

That is entirely a judgement call.

1 Like

“Better” is a judgement call

Forced Queue is not “better” for those of us who prefer Freedom over Forced

For me, this horrendously bad (imo) change is the very worst one ever for this game, bar none

1 Like

It is supply and demand. DPS are in abundant supply there for there is no demand for them. There is no reason the game should be catered towards a specific crowd of players that rarely played the game as a team to begin with. It is a team game, and 2-2-2 role lock enforces that.

If you want to not play 2-2-2 there are options for you in the game to do that.

It is. I get DPS on my team now that actually want to play as a team, instead of trying to make plays that always leave us down 1-2 people in a team fight. If anything, the fact that the change is making DPS players play more as a team and less as CoD flank gods and dying before your team fully regroups is a great thing.

It is also making it easier to see the bad things I am doing as a support player than ever before cause of how awkward the team comps could be before 2-2-2 role lock. 3-4 DPS 1 tank and 1 healer? Welp, just hope your DPS is good. There is very little you can evaluate in such a comp and it is NOT FUN for the tank or healer. Even 3 DPS comps are not fun for the solo tank or solo healer that gets stuck with it.

1 Like

It’s f**king math
When the majority of the players are playing one role, and you need equal numbers of all three, there will be longer queue times for the popular role.

It is dps players’ fault, but it’s literally fine.

2 Likes

Clarification: the fault is Blizzards for restricting the supply of dps slots well below the level of demand

1 Like

Can Blizzard do some math and fix it?

I’ve seen that format used a ton, but that’s the first time I’ve seen it italicized and honestly +1 it’s a good stylistic choice. :+1:

Upon quoting it, I’m pretty sure there’s more *'s than letters. :disappointed_relieved:

I recognized that and also stated other reasons why queue times are so long, why ignore them?
The DPS Role has abundant demand, but there is not enough supply (slots) to fill the demand.

That is a HUGE generalization there, not even accurate in the slightest as every role contributes to working as a team and each role has an equal chance of not playing the game as a team.

This might burst your bubble but having a 2-2-2 composition does not enforce team work as the same healers/tanks/DPS that didn’t work as a team before still can do that now.

All of this is subjective

1 Like

Guys, seriously stop replying to Megadodo.

His M.O. is always going to be to make a nonsensical statement, claim he didn’t make said statement, then use “clarification” before every sentence, while using his own biased terminology like “Forced Queue” and “Freedom Queue”.

3 Likes

Sorry but megadodo’s statement are correct and the way he types should not be a problem. Try arguing but don’t personally attack him, bud.

Unless you don’t have anything else to say, haha

1 Like

What other reasons? I didn’t see whatever they were.

4 Likes

They were in the first reply I made to Gorilla

The devs don’t talk for me.

Well, all you had to add was “I don’t agree” and for all I know, you’re Dodo’s sockpuppet…so no, I don’t have anything else to say.

Going by that post, then, if they “fix” Tanks, then the problem will be solved?

They speak for the rest of us, apparently, though.

Not just fixing tanks but that is a start. There is no sure way to tell if it will completely solve it but I think it is safe to assume that it would help a lot.

They don’t though as many people have disagreed with them on this matter.
A small group of developers don’t speak for the whole community. You might agree with them but others don’t.

1 Like

Sounds like someone got stockton smacked in an argument.

Well, that was the only other solution you presented that wasn’t related to Role Queue/Supply & Demand, so I guess that’s it.

Do you have numbers that show how much of the community is on either side?

If not, then this argument will lead nowhere.

Mkay.

2 Likes

I also said better tanks added as well, more of them would help also.
If you want to be certain the queue times will go down, remove 2-2-2 :man_shrugging:

I do not, so I agree that we should not argue about it.

1 Like