Can you guys get this childish and petty mindset out of your brains?

huh?

bud, i do not necessary want to be on the receiving end when it comes to dodo’s arguing but it seems like everyone loves to target his way of typing.
just discuss if you can’t, bye…?

2 Likes

That’s…what we were just talking about, wasn’t it?

So again, your two suggestions are: 1) improve tanks, 2) increase supply (remove role queue).

Again, didn’t we just cover this?

Because his way of arguing derails topics. As I described above.

1 Like

It does not really derail them so much as once he states a fact, it is kind of hard to refute but people want to disagree anyways…

No amount of DPS slots could fill what would be needed for ‘1-2 minute que times’ for DPS only players. The other reasons is “There isn’t cool tank and support heroes” or some other bull is exactly that - bull. There are plenty of high skill, good tank/support heroes that can be played right now.

Don’t be silly and think we don’t see through the lines of “There isn’t fun and interesting tanks/support” as most of the tanks/support characters have way more fun and interesting abilities than any of the DPS characters.

It is not. Cause even in mid diamond up to GM (Saw it countless time in Surefours and Seagulls stream) You’d get 4-5 DPS only players on your team that refused to fill for what is needed. Now that isn’t an issue.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it does enforce team work if you want to win. Nothing stops trolls who want to troll, no system will change that. 2-2-2 forces a solid foundation to play the game on. Not “Let me que and hope I don’t get 4 tank or healer or DPS players on my team cause then I lose”.

It really isn’t.

1 Like

I guess everything looks like a “fact” if you agree with it.

1 Like

Very similar but a distinct difference which is that you were discussing “fixing” current tanks while I mentioned newer additions to the tank role.

Add in 3) Add more tanks that are interesting.

But yeah, nothing else to discuss from what I see so nice discussing with you :slightly_smiling_face:

You can’t refute it though, which is my whole point. It is objectively correct.

1 Like

The only people I see being entitled are…in fact the DPS.

In every other game with que times based on rolls (mostly MMOS) you will find the same issue. There are more DPS hero’s in the game so there are more people maining or wanting to play those hero’s in particular…meaning their que times are longer. The reason we HAVE 2 2 2 now is because of the unbalanced and unfun game of ‘5 players lock in dps and refuse to swap’ so now those DPS players will always be allowed to play their roll…but they need to wait their turn.

Other players willing to check all three boxes or what ever is in demand at that time can play faster. If you main healer cool, you get quick que times since you’re an in demand roll. Sorry that’s how it works.

And again no other community has this snotty ‘I shouldn’t have to wait’ mentality from their DPS. FFXIV can have 30+ min ques for dailies and I havn’t seen anyone whining on the forms about it. Same with WoW…it’s a meme the players have come to expect. Except in OW you have the option of getting into games quickly if you are willing to be flexible.

There is literally no way to fix que times in a game for a over ques roll. It’s physically impossible…because that’s how numbers work. If you WANT to play DPS and are so dead set on it sadly in every single game it’s going to mean wait times because thousands of other people want to play that roll. It’s either that OR we go back to broken, annoying 5 dps comps which was literally tanking the games play-ability for most of the community. Pick one. Unbalanced unfun game, or wait a bit.

They are putting in a free for all mode as well for anyone who just CAN’T wait to play a game and dosn’t care about the comp, you have a bunch of options. Stop whining.

2 Likes

“Fixing tanks” would entail fixing the entire role as a whole, including present and future tanks. Otherwise, the same problem will eventually repeat itself.

No, it’s been refuted plenty of times. He just keeps repeating it.

2 Likes

Hey man, I might disagree with you on some things, but I just wanted to say that I respect you for arguing in a mature, productive way. You set a good example for people on these forums.

I think that we just need more Tanks and Supports. I personally enjoy the Tank/Support characters that we have, but I wish there were more options for me to play with when I get bored of one.

I am sure you think it has been refuted, but it has not. The developers are objectively responsible for the queue times and whatever irrelevant garbage exists, sure. But at the end of the day you only need to connect A to B. There is a parallel thread, I will admit, but it hardly refutes the main fact.

1 Like

To be honest, I think this “fix/improve tanks and supports” argument is an impossible red herring. From what I’ve seen in this topic, it comes across suspiciously like “Make Tanks into Supports into DPS with gimmicks”.

And I’m sure you think it hasn’t been, but it was.

We could go around and around with this banality, but it’s late and I’m sure we both have better things to do.

Removing Role Q would do it :wink:

“No because… No” very good explanation.
I never said that there aren’t tanks that have high skill floors and can’t be played.
It’s that they aren’t fun to play for most people which is a major reason the tank queue times are so short.

Just because they don’t fill doesn’t mean they don’t intend to work as a team. I have seen countless healers that refused to heal and countless reckless tanks or tanks that didn’t protect their team. It goes both ways, stop letting your bias towards DPS control your way of thinking.

You didn’t even poke my bubble… just because the new team composition format is 2-2-2 doesn’t mean that people are more likely to work as a team more than before.
Having 4 heroes from the same role doesn’t immediately mean there is no teamwork.

It is as I and many others find 3+ DPS fun.

1 Like

I said add more tanks…

I try.
Sometimes.

I’m tired. So please, reread what I said and try to understand what “future tanks” means in this context.

Nice bait. Reported for trolling, btw.

I ask that the personal attacks cease

If I ever make a personal attack, sure.

3 Likes

If only you could report people for not being able to maintain their positions, then we would not have to read your post only to find that nothing has been said.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: